BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Diver
Colonel
 
Diver's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '12 135i DCT PPK Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,309
iTrader: (0)

Might actually be a price decrease. +$100 on base, but the floor mats are included now. BMW assist is also a separate option. If I were ordering a car, I would definitely pass on BMW assist. Electronic nannies are not my style.
__________________
Diver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #24
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,566
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
Hey Technic thanks for the info.
BUT if you say the COMBOX is now included, then that question above where I ask what the "Enhanced Bluetooth and USB" wasn't answered unless I'm missing something?
The Enhanced Bluetooth and USB is an EXTRA option (on the standalone options list) so you can upgrade your bluetooth and USB..? I was wondering what the difference would be with the upgraded parts? Any ideas or am I wrong?
The "Enhanced Bluetooth and USB" is one of the features of the Combox when combined with the Assist and/or Nav. When combined with just the Professional Radio then it just becomes "Bluetooth and USB" because the radio itself does not support the "enhanced" part of the Combox (dual channel BT, BT Audio and other "enhancements").

It could be possible that BMW will be installing a lower-level Combox (Media) standard and leaving the higher-level Combox (Telematics) as an option.
__________________
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
-2002 E46 330i Orient Blue/Natural Brown, 5MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
szcyxzh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 128I
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 404
iTrader: (2)

Just confirmed with my dealer, got free Bluetooth and usb. Suppose to be accepted by BMW this month and start to build soon. Cool. Oh, wait, no price increase reflected for the new price.
szcyxzh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #26
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
 
MPFit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Posts: 250
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Might actually be a price decrease. +$100 on base, but the floor mats are included now. BMW assist is also a separate option. If I were ordering a car, I would definitely pass on BMW assist. Electronic nannies are not my style.
BMW Assist was a seperate option when when I ordered my car in March also.
BUT I had to add it for HK, so it was a linked option in that regard.
With standard bluetooth and ambient lighting, I would agree it's not really a price increase in terms of what you are getting, but monetarily it is.
Floormats I'm not sure about, I got them from doing ED/PCD
MPFit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
bluejaypanther
Nerd!
 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Might actually be a price decrease. +$100 on base, but the floor mats are included now. BMW assist is also a separate option. If I were ordering a car, I would definitely pass on BMW assist. Electronic nannies are not my style.
BMW assist a nanny? I think of DSC, active steering, and traction control as nannies. Assist is just a button to push that will call a free tow truck if you break down. Hardly a nanny. Hasn't costed me anything (came with bluetooth in '09) or in any way interfered with the operation of the car in 2 year that I've had it.
__________________
Ordered 7/6/09 : Delivered 8/15/09
6MT, Hotchkiss front sway.
bluejaypanther is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #28
crbalch
DON
 
crbalch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AW 135i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 522
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by szcyxzh View Post
Just confirmed with my dealer, got free Bluetooth and usb. Suppose to be accepted by BMW this month and start to build soon. Cool. Oh, wait, no price increase reflected for the new price.
Can you tell me exactly what you ended up doing to get that? My car is on order right now, haven't gotten my prod number, and I really want the Bluetooth added in as well.
__________________


crbalch is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
e92ben
Lieutenant Colonel
 
e92ben's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kenosha Wi

Posts: 1,759
iTrader: (4)

Looks sick!
__________________

e92 ///M3
e92ben is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #30
nato-main-man-5am
special
 
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The "Enhanced Bluetooth and USB" is one of the features of the Combox when combined with the Assist and/or Nav. When combined with just the Professional Radio then it just becomes "Bluetooth and USB" because the radio itself does not support the "enhanced" part of the Combox (dual channel BT, BT Audio and other "enhancements").

It could be possible that BMW will be installing a lower-level Combox (Media) standard and leaving the higher-level Combox (Telematics) as an option.
So if you want stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) you still have to pay for enhanced Bluetooth, ie, BMW Assist? Do you also need BMW Assist to have a mic, for hands free calling? What are the other enhancements? I understand the stock radio has limited Bluetooth support. What about the HK sound system?

Last edited by nato-main-man-5am; 08-11-2011 at 11:13 PM.
nato-main-man-5am is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #31
adgriffi
Private
 
adgriffi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [4.50]
HK Stereo Upgrade

My car was slated to be built in week 35, the week before the new package / pricing went into effect... I pushed the build into September as I was hoping the BMW Assist was no longer required to upgrade the stereo to Harman Kardon...

Turns out, the BMW Assist is STILL required to upgrade the stereo, so it wasn't worth it. HK could not be added as a stand-alone even with the now-standard bluetooth module. I'm now slated for PW 38, with a pickup in Munich on October 11...

Just figured I'd share my situation!
__________________
2012 AW 135i - M-Sport / JB4 Stage 2 ISO w/ Flex Fuel / BMS Intake / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ER Charge Pie / AR Down Pipe
adgriffi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #32
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,566
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgriffi View Post
My car was slated to be built in week 35, the week before the new package / pricing went into effect... I pushed the build into September as I was hoping the BMW Assist was no longer required to upgrade the stereo to Harman Kardon...

Turns out, the BMW Assist is STILL required to upgrade the stereo, so it wasn't worth it. HK could not be added as a stand-alone even with the now-standard bluetooth module. I'm now slated for PW 38, with a pickup in Munich on October 11...

Just figured I'd share my situation!
I guess that BMW really liked that requirement after all although it does not show in the ordering guide... stand corrected.
__________________
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
-2002 E46 330i Orient Blue/Natural Brown, 5MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #33
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,566
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
So if you want stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) you still have to pay for enhanced Bluetooth, ie, BMW Assist? Do you also need BMW Assist to have a mic, for hands free calling? What are the other enhancements? I understand the stock radio has limited Bluetooth support. What about the HK sound system?
If you want A2DP you need the iDrive. The newly standard Bluetooth functionality obviously comes with the mic otherwise it will be useless.
__________________
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
-2002 E46 330i Orient Blue/Natural Brown, 5MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #34
nato-main-man-5am
special
 
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
If you want A2DP you need the iDrive. The newly standard Bluetooth functionality obviously comes with the mic otherwise it will be useless.
Say it isn't so! I assume that if I need iDrive, that means I need the navigation package, right? I don't see a way to get it otherwise.

I guess the only good thing is that since Nav includes BMW Assist, which I was already apparently required to purchase, the upgrade to Nav is only another $1500 or so...
nato-main-man-5am is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
nato-main-man-5am
special
 
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

So if I am reading the above discussion correctly, starting in production week 36, basic handsfree bluetooh capability is included in the base model, but not before. Anyone else reading it that way? Is this a hardware change, or just a coding change on the base model?
nato-main-man-5am is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #36
bwagner
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Streamwood, IL

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

M-Sport color restrictions

I was working on my option list a bmwconfig.com and noticed that there are significant color restrictions when ordering the M-Sport (ZMP) package.

According to that, only Alpine White, Titanium Silver Metallic, Le Mans Blue Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic, Blue Water Metallic, and Space Gray Metallic are available with the 9/1/2011 changes.

Anyone else able to confirm this?

Thanks

Brent
First time, Long time
bwagner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #37
nato-main-man-5am
special
 
nato-main-man-5am's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
So if I am reading the above discussion correctly, starting in production week 36, basic handsfree bluetooh capability is included in the base model, but not before. Anyone else reading it that way? Is this a hardware change, or just a coding change on the base model?
Doh! My production date ended up being 27 august

I really hope it's just a coding change!
nato-main-man-5am is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #38
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
 
MPFit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Posts: 250
iTrader: (1)

bwagner - The colors available for the MSPORT package have changed - those were the only colors available for the 2011 builds. Go to BMWUSA.com and configure your own BMW With MSPORT package there, as it will tell you if the colors selected are available with this package..
If I'm not mistaken, only one or two colors are NOT an option with MSPORT (They increased the colors available when they removed the SPORT package)
I got my Cashmere Silver Metalic with MSPORT - love it.
MPFit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #39
bwagner
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Streamwood, IL

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

I ended up emailing bmwconfig about the colors, and heard back that it was a mistake on the configurator. The color options for the M-Sport packages have not changed.

Brent
bwagner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #40
code911
Private
 
code911's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SGM 535i or 2012 AW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: East TN

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to code911
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwagner View Post
I ended up emailing bmwconfig about the colors, and heard back that it was a mistake on the configurator. The color options for the M-Sport packages have not changed.

Brent
Brent,

I think your right, the configurator isn't working correctly. I just built a 2012 135i and wasn't able to find nav anywhere on the configurator.

Charlie
__________________
PCD 6/30/11: 2012 AW 135i, 6mt, terra leather, lt burl wood, Conv Package, Prem Package, CW Package, Nav and Harmon Kardon
2010 535i SGM, CW Package, Prem Package, M Sport Package
2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
code911 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #41
MAR
Private First Class
 
Drives: E46 325i & 128 M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

I am picking up an 128 M Sport in Deep Sea Blue in Munich on Monday. This color was not available with the 128 M Sport previously. In past years you could order a 135 M Sport in any color, but the 128 M Sport was limited to a few colors (Lemans Blue, White, Silver, Red, Black, Gray...I may be foregetting a few). But in 2012 BMW NA allows you to build a 128 M Sport in more, but not all colors. Hence my 128 M Sport in Deep Sea Blue.
MAR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #42
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
 
MPFit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Posts: 250
iTrader: (1)

MAR congrats man and have fun!
Yes, when the Sport package was removed - they made it so MSPORT could be gotten in more colors for those who wanted it, since the years before MSPORT had only select colors available. (Sport package was available with any color, and is now no longer offered)
MPFit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
MAR
Private First Class
 
Drives: E46 325i & 128 M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

I will MPFit! Thanks! I'm a big fan of CSM too. Reminds me of the old Bronzit color from the 1990 325is. I loved that car.
MAR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #44
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by code911 View Post
Brent,

I think your right, the configurator isn't working correctly. I just built a 2012 135i and wasn't able to find nav anywhere on the configurator.

Charlie
Yep, something is definitely not right, I couldn't choose Navi either!
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST