BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #45
racer_x
Second Lieutenant
racer_x's Avatar
3
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: When He Has To
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys. I will call BMW tomorrow morning to confirm.

The seller told me it was transferable and can be used Australia wide at any BMW dealer. He bought the car from one of the dealers on the central coast but gets it serviced at BMW Sydney.

That was one of the big selling points of that car too. Headaches free ownership for 20 or so months.

How much should I knock off his asking price if the warranty/servicing package is not transferable?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #46
barr1luk
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: '10 135i Alpine White 6M
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

To avoid receiving misinformation, give BMW Australia a call on 1800 813 299. When i purchased my vehicle as a premium selection I was fed conflicting info from 3 dealerships about the product and only got a straight answer out of BMW Australia.

Good luck, either way you'll love the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #47
kaitan
Major
kaitan's Avatar
20
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barr1luk View Post
To avoid receiving misinformation, give BMW Australia a call on 1800 813 299. When i purchased my vehicle as a premium selection I was fed conflicting info from 3 dealerships about the product and only got a straight answer out of BMW Australia.

Good luck, either way you'll love the car.
I believe that normal extended warranty and premium selection are all transferable. It will not be the case if it goes thru a dealer!

For example if the first owner had extended/ premium selection and then traded the car in a bmw dealer/ or any dealer the warranty is now void!

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #48
barr1luk
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: '10 135i Alpine White 6M
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I believe that normal extended warranty and premium selection are all transferable. It will not be the case if it goes thru a dealer!

For example if the first owner had extended/ premium selection and then traded the car in a bmw dealer/ or any dealer the warranty is now void!

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes and no. . .

With the premium selection, the warranty is not transferable as it is not only attached to the vehicle but the owner also.

If you extend the BMW warranty with either the BMW or the Allianz product, the warranty is transferable IF you sell the vehicle privately. If you trade the vehicle in and it is resold through a dealer the warranty is void.


That is my understanding after doing all my digging around and many phone calls. Hope that clarifies.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #49
kaitan
Major
kaitan's Avatar
20
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barr1luk View Post
Yes and no. . .

With the premium selection, the warranty is not transferable as it is not only attached to the vehicle but the owner also.

If you extend the BMW warranty with either the BMW or the Allianz product, the warranty is transferable IF you sell the vehicle privately. If you trade the vehicle in and it is resold through a dealer the warranty is void.


That is my understanding after doing all my digging around and many phone calls. Hope that clarifies.

I think you are right. This is what I found in the TC for the premium selection.

"BMW Roadside Assistance & Accident Management is fully transferable between
owners at any time during the period of cover. However, no refunds will be provided for
cancellation of benefit. BMW must be notified of the transfer. Contact details below:
BMW Group Australia
Customer Interaction Centre
Fax: 1800 350 528
Phone: 1800 813 299

So I guess they can only transfer Roadside Assistance & Accident Management only. Looks like i'll be keeping the car for the next 3 year
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #50
kaitan
Major
kaitan's Avatar
20
Rep
1,381
Posts

 
Drives: Bus 11 AKA walking
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I think you are right. This is what I found in the TC for the premium selection.

"BMW Roadside Assistance & Accident Management is fully transferable between
owners at any time during the period of cover. However, no refunds will be provided for
cancellation of benefit. BMW must be notified of the transfer. Contact details below:
BMW Group Australia
Customer Interaction Centre
Fax: 1800 350 528
Phone: 1800 813 299

So I guess they can only transfer Roadside Assistance & Accident Management only. Looks like i'll be keeping the car for the next 3 year

Found this and can Confirm that it's not transferable for premium selection.

"The BMW Premium Selection Warranty and BMW Premium Selection Scheduled Servicing
are limited to the Vehicle and the owner identified in the BMW Premium Selection Certificate
(“Owner” or “you”) and are not transferable upon the sale of the Vehicle or to any other
vehicle
. Therefore, on the sale of the Vehicle, only the benefits of the BMW Roadside
Assistance & Accident Management will transfer to the new owner. No refunds are payable
in the case of the cancellation of any benefit provided under BMW Premium Selection.
You may, at your cost, and subject to conditions determined by BMW from time to time but
otherwise on the same terms and conditions as set out herein, extend the period of cover
in respect of all benefits collectively (and not individually) from the expiry of the initial period
of cover provided by BMW as part of BMW Premium Selection as follows provided that
you have purchased the relevant extension on the date of purchase of the Vehicle from the
authorised BMW dealer. It will not be possible for you to apply for an extension of the period
of cover after the date of purchase of the Vehicle from the authorised BMW dealer."
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #51
barr1luk
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: '10 135i Alpine White 6M
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I think you are right. This is what I found in the TC for the premium selection.

"BMW Roadside Assistance & Accident Management is fully transferable between
owners at any time during the period of cover. However, no refunds will be provided for
cancellation of benefit. BMW must be notified of the transfer. Contact details below:
BMW Group Australia
Customer Interaction Centre
Fax: 1800 350 528
Phone: 1800 813 299

So I guess they can only transfer Roadside Assistance & Accident Management only. Looks like i'll be keeping the car for the next 3 year

Be mindful also that if your vehicle has manufacturers warranty remaining on it when you purchased it, both the manufacturers warranty and the premium selection run side by side together.

Mine was exactly 2years old when I bought it as a premium selection which meant that the 12mth premium selection warranty and the premium selection roadside assistance didn't apply because this benefit was covered by the remaining manufacturers period.

So you only reap the benefits of the premium selection warranty and roadside once the manufacturers period ends, in my case the only benefit I received from the premium selection was the free service. The product itself is not an extension product, you period of cover commences from the date you purchase your vehicle regardless of the manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #52
racer_x
Second Lieutenant
racer_x's Avatar
3
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: When He Has To
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

The dealer who sold the car is adamant that Premium Selection Warranty is transferable. However, I called BMW and confirmed that it is NOT.

I am still going to look at the car and who knows what the dealer can do with BMW Aus! The seller seems to be a repeat customer of theirs.

I assume they will want to keep him happy especially seeing he asked this same question when he bought the car 4 months ago knowing he was going to be selling soon and they assured him it would transfer to the next owner.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #53
Scoobs
Banned
2
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

I got a quote from BMW Sydney yesterday.

Bought my last 2 cars from them, and financed my last 5 cars through BMW Finance

Quoted $4,127 for 12 months.

Fkrs - hate dealing with BMW period.

Always starts off the same way.... get quoted stoopidly inflated prices and you have to go back and forwards for days and weeks to get even close to an honest price.

Luck they make good cars
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #54
VGR00
Major
VGR00's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 125I Edition Sport Carbon Blk
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane - Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I got a quote from BMW Sydney yesterday.

Bought my last 2 cars from them, and financed my last 5 cars through BMW Finance

Quoted $4,127 for 12 months.

Fkrs - hate dealing with BMW period.

Always starts off the same way.... get quoted stoopidly inflated prices and you have to go back and forwards for days and weeks to get even close to an honest price.

Luck they make good cars
So what your saying is that when they bend you over, they also reach around the front for a complete service..... very special!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #55
Scoobs
Banned
2
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGR00 View Post
So what your saying is that when they bend you over, they also reach around the front for a complete service..... very special!
No... thats the thing.... they don't even give you a reach around !

And then expect you to say " thankyou Sir - may I have another"

Bastards....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #56
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
11
Rep
647
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i SGM DCT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGR00 View Post
So what your saying is that when they bend you over, they also reach around the front for a complete service..... very special!
I think he means they screw you AND they jerk you around
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #57
VGR00
Major
VGR00's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 125I Edition Sport Carbon Blk
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane - Australia

iTrader: (1)

^^ exactly
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #58
Meijo
BEASTIE
1
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: ///1M Beast
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Condell Park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
If it helps to understand how much you can negotiate, the dealers cost, on the full 3 years extended warranty is $3850. Plus they would receive a commission.
This post should be used as a benchmark for your negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #59
clementwcm
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i M-Sports Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Latest quote

Resurrecting the thread as my warranty is expiring in a weeks' time ... Got quoted below from Sydney BMW of the BMW-branded "new car" extended warranty:

1 year unlimited kilometres $5503.67 less 25% = $4127.75
2 year unlimited kilometres $6491.53 less 25% = $4868.64
3 year unlimited kilometres $7700.00 less 25% = $5755.00

Has anyone managed some better prices and which dealership? Happy to call interstate if needed.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #60
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
11
Rep
770
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYDNEY BONNYRIGG HEIGHTS

iTrader: (0)

OMFG..! that is a massive price jump over a couple of years
from 2-3k to 5-7k for 3 years... RIPOFF...!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #61
sliderpass
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (1)

I got mine after the price jump for $3450 for 2 years genuine BMW, was from a Brissy dealership, just get any dealer to price match $3450 if you can.

Most will say no way, just keep trying!

Simon



Quote:
Originally Posted by clementwcm View Post
Resurrecting the thread as my warranty is expiring in a weeks' time ... Got quoted below from Sydney BMW of the BMW-branded "new car" extended warranty:

1 year unlimited kilometres $5503.67 less 25% = $4127.75
2 year unlimited kilometres $6491.53 less 25% = $4868.64
3 year unlimited kilometres $7700.00 less 25% = $5755.00

Has anyone managed some better prices and which dealership? Happy to call interstate if needed.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #62
racer_x
Second Lieutenant
racer_x's Avatar
3
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: When He Has To
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementwcm View Post
Resurrecting the thread as my warranty is expiring in a weeks' time ... Got quoted below from Sydney BMW of the BMW-branded "new car" extended warranty:

1 year unlimited kilometres $5503.67 less 25% = $4127.75
2 year unlimited kilometres $6491.53 less 25% = $4868.64
3 year unlimited kilometres $7700.00 less 25% = $5755.00

Has anyone managed some better prices and which dealership? Happy to call interstate if needed.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice.
At those prices, you may as well "self insure"!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #63
ippykaye
Lieutenant
ippykaye's Avatar
Australia
5
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

As the OP in this thread- I can't believe how much the prices have gone up! I paid just under $2500 from memory, for the BMW branded 2 year one, unlimited km. It was 4990 at the time RRP. I've used more than $2500 in claims already so I'm happy with my piece of mind purchase. However, it runs out this year.

I would not have paid $4900 for 2 years, no sir. Self insure would be my decision at nearly double the price I paid.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #64
cat-like
Private First Class
cat-like's Avatar
Australia
2
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AW 135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm....extended warranties. I can't help thinking that it's just money grabbing.

When buying consumer goods now such as electronics etc, you are now covered by Australian Consumer Law that states that an item should last a "reasonable" amount of time and that time can be in excess of the manufacturers warranty. This has spelt the death of a lot of extended warranty offers. I don't know why this doesn't apply to cars as well? I figure my new 135i should good for 5 or 6 years before it starts costing big bucks

I am curious about these extended warranties being offered by dealers. Are they more restrictive or the same terms as the standard warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
13
Rep
959
Posts

 
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: george st

iTrader: (0)

My warraty is almost out so got given quotes from North shore BMW
· 1-Year- $3700.00

· 2-Year- $4695.00

· 3-Year- $5785.00
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #66
clementwcm
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i M-Sports Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
My warraty is almost out so got given quotes from North shore BMW
· 1-Year- $3700.00

· 2-Year- $4695.00

· 3-Year- $5785.00

This is what I got from them today. Pretty shocking.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST