BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #23
fusion01
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST: 2.5l /5 cyl

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluflyer06 View Post
No Thanks, had 2 VW's both brand new will likely never buy again. I also don't think I can do FWD anymore.
Was a joke.
135i M-Sport: 240kw & 480nm ATW / 6MT / AW / SR / HK Logic 7 / iDrive / Lumbar Support & Seat Heating / BMW Perf Exhaust, Side Skirts, Grilles, Rotors & Gear Knob / CF Mirrors & Boot Spoiler / gunmetal CSL Reps
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #24
sluflyer06
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445 View Post
The meguires quick detailer just fits in the bag, barely...but it does fit. I guess its the gallon ziploc im using? Edit: The "ultimate detailer from meguiries does not fit" just the normal one, lol sad that I know this. I returned the ultimate stuff to autozone and got the regular just cause I wanted everything in that bag, neat and tidy.

TBH, the first bottle of detailer I had in there, I cracked the handle on the pump off, which was the only reason i put it in the bag, I would have never thought it was going to "short" anything out lol.

Besides the battery, is there really alot more wires or relays in the trunk? I did not notice any (but I was not looking for them really) during the rear suspension install when I had all the carpeting and moldings out.

Is it possable that it was just the fluid making the pos and neg terminals of the batterys short out and thats what blew everything out?

Also, where did it spill mostly? I'm afraid this winter to put my snowboard or boots in the trunk if its that sensitive to moisture, all of my old trunks on previous cars always were dank the following spring from throwing snowy equiptment in the trunk all winter and never really letting it "dry out".
Yes there are control modules in the trunk, somewhere down low. the RDC module is there, K bus wiring shtuff. I dunno where it is exactly but there are alot of electronics somwhere in the trunk. I saw the bill to BMW for warranty it was ~$1,000.
      10-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #25
lisnter
Rep
Drives: Not a fun car

Rotting strawberries killed my TPMS computer - ugh

I killed the TPMS in my 135 by leaving a box of strawberries in the trunk for a couple weeks. The box was in the passenger side netting in the trunk and melted directly onto the little holder containing the TPMS computer which subsequently fried (not a fan of strawberry mush, I guess). These computers sit in little Styrofoam cubbies that act just like cups to neatly collect any liquid that falls down that direction. A better design would be to have some holes in the bottom of each cubby to allow any liquids to drip through. The computers are in plastic boxes but if they are submerged in goop they will short.

Anyway, the dealer wanted something like $500 to fix it so I went on-line, found the part for $60 +$15 shipping and replaced it myself in 15 minutes. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #26
Mr Marcus
Objects in the rear view mirror are losing
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55

I had my windows professionally tinted (not by BMW) and after driving 200 yds after collecting it flashed up a message saying "complete electrical failure it is no longer safe to complete your journey".

Turns out window tinters use a lot of liquid to clean the windows and despite their efforts to mop it all up some got down the back window and under the parcel shelf. It ran down the wiring looms and into the control unit under the boot completely buggering it up, luckily for me though their insurance company paid for it all to be replaced.