BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #529
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country

Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
I am going Stage 1.. ( Exhaust/CAI/ CP )

But Raj has stage 2 ( FMIC/exhaust/DCI/CP and BOV)
What CP are you getting?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #530
mcmn
Captain

Drives: MY10 AW 135i

what does the CP actually do for the performance on 1M? Stops the fitting blowing off under boost? CP/BOV had little impact on mysetup?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #531
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Drives: VO 1M Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
What CP are you getting?
Probably go for the ER CP with either stock DV's of Forge DV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post
what does the CP actually do for the performance on 1M? Stops the fitting blowing off under boost? CP/BOV had little impact on mysetup?
Mostly to add a little diameter for air to flow through (improved throttle response) and giving the option of Forged DVs or a BOV (which will hold boost better). It also allows for custom access points if you do decide to run a methanol injection system at any point.

OEM CP fitting is plastic and can crack or blow off at the coupling at high boost levels.. ER CP is Alloy..
      09-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #532
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country

I think you aslo need to change the lower CP section from the FMIC too to get the better throttle response. The lower CP is also a POS.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #533
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia

Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Mostly to add a little diameter for air to flow through (improved throttle response) and giving the option of Forged DVs or a BOV (which will hold boost better). It also allows for custom access points if you do decide to run a methanol injection system at any point.

OEM CP fitting is plastic and can crack or blow off at the coupling at high boost levels.. ER CP is Alloy..
I don't beleive the aftermarket CP's give better throttle response but do think it's a good preventative mod for the CP blowing off. Mine use to blow off but I added some heavy duty adhesive at the TB and since then I haven't had an issue and I've run up to 20psi on occasions normal daily is 17.5psi.
Good to know your considering meth down the track Joe.
Looks like most of the 1M's got a little use to the factory boost/power and are in need of some more. It was bound to happen. Now who's gonna be the first to run meth?

BTW good to see you going with the COBB. I'm sure you'll like it with a custom tune.
      09-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #534
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I can see joe now cruising through lakemba.

Quote:
Whats wrong with Lakemba..
You mean what's right with it.
      09-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #535
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Brigadier General

Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I think you aslo need to change the lower CP section from the FMIC too to get the better throttle response. The lower CP is also a POS.
As we discussed the ER FMIC includes the lower charge pipe as well... mates perfectly to the ER upper charge pipe, commonly referred to as 'the' charge pipe.

For those interested in both an ER FMIC and ER Charge Pipe I will do you a deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post

Why upgrade your stock charge pipe?

* The stock pipe is not durable enough to cope with higher boost levels, those running a tune may find their charge pipe 'popping off' or their plastic factory divertor valves leaking under high boost
* Ability to add meth with both 1 & 2 bung setups available
* Increase throttle response and decrease turbo lag
* Factory diverter valve sound baffle, which causes turbulence in the factory pipe, is removed.

Is it a good bang for buck mod?

Honestly it isn't for most people really.. it's not one of those mods you 'feel' from the get-go. It's for those who a) need it, b) want peace of mind that everything is as solid as it can get or c) want flutters.
The improved throttle response certainly doesn't hurt either!

The ER Charge pipe with HKS BOV was my second mod to my 135i after a tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #536
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Good to know your considering meth down the track Joe.
Looks like most of the 1M's got a little use to the factory boost/power and are in need of some more. It was bound to happen. Now who's gonna be the first to run meth?
BTW good to see you going with the COBB. I'm sure you'll like it with a custom tune.
Ha.. No meth for me mate at the moment.. The ER CP has 1 meth bung for future thought.

Its not that I have got used to the factory boost/power, Just not happy now with the way its delivered.. You really have to play with the RPM to get a smooth and quick transition to the Over Boost function..
At least with the Cobb/Evolve tunes, they really overide the OB and you have more power in the lower RPM range where you need it most for a DD.

Yeh, the Cobb is the way for me, after having a chat in detail with Peter on Saturday.. Local support and custom maps is a big

Last edited by Zuzu; 09-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #537
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Quote:
Whats wrong with Lakemba..
Quote:

You mean what's right with it.
I actually have a soft spot for Lakemba.. My family actually lived there in the early 70's whilst I attended the the local De La Salle College..

We had an awesome tripple fronted Federation 5 bedroom home... The architecture back then was very Victorian before the white and red brick multi story units took over..

Back then it was spot the Leb, as the Lakemba population was mostly all Anglo.
      09-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #538
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia

Quote:
Ha.. No meth for me mate at the moment.. The ER CP has 1 meth bung for future thought.

Its not that I have got to the factory boost/power, Just not happy now with the way its delivered.. You really have to play with the RPM to get a smooth and quick transition to the Over Boost function..
At least with the Cobb/Evolve tunes, they really overide the OB and you have more power in the lower RPM range where you need it most for a DD.

Yeh, the Cobb is the way for me, after having a chat in detail with Peter on Saturday.. Local support and custom maps is a big
Sounds good Joe. Let me know if you ever need a 1/4 mile custom COBB map. All you need is some E85 and I'll take care of the rest.
      09-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #539
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia

Quote:
I actually have a soft spot for Lakemba.. My family actually lived there in the early 70's whilst I attended the the local De La Salle College..

We had an awesome tripple fronted Federation 5 bedroom home... The architecture back then was very Victorian before the white and red brick multi story units took over..

Back then it was spot the Leb, as the Lakemba population was mostly all Anglo.
Yeh I know. I was just kidding.
Back in my younger years (although I like to still think of myself as a spring chicken) me and my mates would incorporate Lakemba, Campbelltown and Auburn into our Kings Cross and Bondi cruise on the weekends. Long live the VH and VK 308's!!! My 308 had better fuel economy than my 135i.
      09-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #540
pavo335
Banned

Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Yeh I know. I was just kidding.
Back in my younger years (although I like to still think of myself as a spring chicken) me and my mates would incorporate Lakemba, Campbelltown and Auburn into our Kings Cross and Bondi cruise on the weekends. Long live the VH and VK 308's!!! My 308 had better fuel economy than my 135i.
shit dude how old are you
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #541
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Quote:
Sounds good Joe. Let me know if you ever need a 1/4 mile custom COBB map. All you need is some E85 and I'll take care of the rest.
Thanks young fella..
      09-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #542
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Quote:
I am going COBB Stage 1.. ( Exhaust/CAI/ CP )

But Raj has COBB stage 2 ( Catless ER DP's / FMIC/ Borla exhaust/ DCI/ CP and BOV)
Quote:
Took Raj's COBB stage 2 equipped 1M for a spin today..

Pulls like a freight train and sounds awesome with the Borla exhaust and kitty less DP's..

He also has the 1/4 mile COBB map waiting to install.. He just needs to visit United or MRT @ Rhodes for some 100 octane.
      09-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #543
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia

Drives: 135i SCT N54

Quote:
Haha! I had to make do with the De La Salle college at Caringbah in the 70s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
shit dude how old are you
Probably younger than me. I used to cruise around in my '78 VB 253...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #544
TWD
Australia

Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quick snap of your engine bay from the RNP Drive...

Heaps more shots here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5321643&type=3
      09-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #545
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia

Drives: CLK63 Black

Hey, nice ///M placement Joe
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #546
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Hahaha... had to imitate my anglo cuz...

Cobb arrives this week...
      09-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #547
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Quick snap of your engine bay from the RNP Drive...

Heaps more shots here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5321643&type=3
Thanks Raj..
      09-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #548
Zuzu
Major General
Australia

After witnessing the amount of oil residue in Ian's, 1M OEM IC today, whilst replacing it for his ETS FMIC , I decided to install the OCC..

Considering Ian's car has only 6K kms, there was still a fair amount of oil in both sides of his OEM IC tanks..

Gave Stuart a call from BMR Autowerkes and within 30 mins he had one delivered to AdvanPerformance for Peter to install..

Big thanks to Stu for his prompt delivery and Peter for fitting me into his very tight and frustrating schedule today...

Install took Pete and I about 30 mins.. easy as..

Thank god for Petes custom made, BMW engine cover mod tool..
Attached Images

Last edited by Zuzu; 09-15-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #549
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country

Quote:
After witnessing the amount of oil residue in Ian's, 1M OEM IC today, whilst replacing it for his ETS FMIC , I decided to install the OCC..

Considering Ian's car has only 6K kms, there was still a fair amount of oil in both sides of his OEM IC tanks..

Gave a Stuart a call from BMR Autowerkes and within 30 mins he had one delivered to AdvanPerformance for Peter to install..

Big thanks to Stu for his prompt delivery and Peter for fitting me into his very tight and frustrating schedule today...

Must have mod for any 1M!.... stock 1M's without this are going to suffer IMO. At least 5ml of oil on each side of my FMIC
      09-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #550
pavo335
Banned

Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:

Gave a Stuart a call from BMR Autowerkes and within 30 mins he had one delivered to AdvanPerformance for Peter to install..

Must have mod for any 1M!.... stock 1M's without this are going to suffer IMO. At least 5ml of oil on each side of my FMIC
Make that all n54's
Appreciate 0