BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

JRZ Suspension

JRZ Suspension for the 1M Coupe

I wanted something i can use everyday. When i am driving a race car. The suspension settings have manny settings. Rebound, bump, fast rebound etc. For a road/trackday car this is to much. I wanted something which is easy to adjust for road and track. I also wanted to use original top mounts which has no rattling when driving.

I found such setup at JRZ suspensions. They made the perfect set for me.

The springs they use are from eibach. They are the springs from the eibach pro kit which can be used for original shocks also. I know you think that s way to soft. No it s not. The damper can be adjusted in such way that you can make it very hard if you wish. If you use a hard spring it s always there also when you want it soft if you wish any comfort. So that s not perfect. JRZ Eibach combination is perfect.

Some track day footage with JRZ on setting hard.

Why not race springs you think? That s nice for a track day car only. But then again you need to use other top mounts and you have less clearance on the strut side because you spring will sit lower. So now there is more clearance for wider wheels because the spring stays above the tire.

Also the front shocks use the original stabi mountings and keep the spring on place. Also a big plus for comfort it s tested by bmw M so why not use it also for the front shocks.

Front shocks.

The rear shocks and springs are also perfect combination. The car sits perfect on its wheels. No extra adjustments are necessary just mount and its done.

Then driving on track. The dampers have 22 clicks from soft to hard. If you are on very flat track setting 21 or 22 is perfect the car is planted and gives a lot of front end grip. If you're track is more bumpy you can easily go lower in setting the car wil still feel racy but it wil absorb bumps better. All is done in 30 seconds of time and you're off again. On the end of day i have put every thing on setting 1 and drove in sporty comfort home. I am very very happy with my setup. I can recommend this JRZ setup to everyone who is in search for a nice road and track setup.

The original dampers are feeling very hard but driven on track they are way to soft. JRZ have more comfort in setting 1 then original. But in setting 21 / 22 you can be track day junkie in no time.

For more info

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Advevo -

As you know, I'm also going with the JRZ RS1 dampers.

However, I've opted to go with springs (Swift or Hyperco -- likely in the 400# front/650# rear range), height adjustable perches and adjustable camber/caster plates (Vorshlag).

Can't wait to get them!

Neil
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Advevo
Banned
Rep

yeah those are options.

The set i have on my car is about 2250 euro s. It can be upgraded like you have.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
euro400
Rep
Drives: 08 gt2

Advevo
awesome set up!!! I am looking for the exact same thing, where did you get yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I love how elegant and simple this is..Is there any change in ride height?
The stock ride height is great for me for trailering and getting over my subdivision lip at the end of the driveway..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Advevo
Banned
Rep

The car is lowered about 1.5 cm all-round. The ride height is not adjustable with my JRZ s but that s an option if you wish.

For availability search for JRZ Dealers or check

www.jrzsuspension.com

RS1 info

http://www.jrzsuspension.com/news/la...0-new-rs1.html

I got mine from JRZ headquarters in the Netherlands.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Thanks for info Andre and ordered mine (via the car shop) from Eric at JRZ HQ
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

For those of us in the U.S., James Clay at Bimmerworld is the guy. He expects to get them in within 3-4 weeks.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #9
Advevo
Banned
Rep

Here are some laps i did on Zandvoort 2 days ago on setting 10. Front and Rear.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
tunedone
Auto Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M AW

JRZ RS1

quote (The car is lowered about 1.5 cm all-round. The ride height is not adjustable with my JRZ s but that s an option if you wish.)

Advevo,

I really like your approach regarding the springs and choosing a slightly softer spring because of the ability to so easily make adjustments. I am running the stock wheels and tires on my 1m, will the appearance be slightly lower than yours since you are now running 18 inch wheels? Everyone has commented on the gap in the front wheel well and would like to see a lower profile appearance and it seem with my 19 wheels the the set up that you installed I would achieve it. Your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks for providing the great videos and information.

Last edited by tunedone; 01-07-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Excellent option out there for the 1M and M3!
Appreciate 0