BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #23
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Updates anyone?

Power?

Dynos?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
Snertz
H O O N
Snertz's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
581
Posts

 
Drives: ein M?!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via AIM to Snertz Send a message via Skype™ to Snertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Updates anyone?

Power?

Dynos?
Results would be same as that of what's been achieved on other N54 platforms. We don't have any significant hardware differences from the normal N54 in 135/335's. Lots of data on E90post.

Which setup are you referencing?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
Strongbark
Brigadier General
Strongbark's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
3,688
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (1)

I think this is going to be the next big thing as far as upgrading our twins:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746897
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #26
bdaddylo
Major
bdaddylo's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,134
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M View Post
I think this is going to be the next big thing as far as upgrading our twins:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746897
Subscribed!!!!
__________________
_______________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP/AW/Ohlins R&T
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
mikewills
Captain
12
Rep
781
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newport News, VA.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Subscribed!!!!
+1000
__________________
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
Results would be same as that of what's been achieved on other N54 platforms. We don't have any significant hardware differences from the normal N54 in 135/335's. Lots of data on E90post.

Which setup are you referencing?
Upgrading our twins specifically!

I was heavily on M3Post and sold the M3. I have not spent any time on E90Post, but now the Baby M wants more juice!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M View Post
I think this is going to be the next big thing as far as upgrading our twins:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746897
Yes, this!

Subscribed to that thread as well!


Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #29
///M1
Brigadier General
///M1's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
3,090
Posts

 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
This guy in Panama claims to have upgraded the turbos, but have been unable to get any further updates from him:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655622
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #30
NihonX
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
840
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 VO 1M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Antioch

iTrader: (8)

Old thread but I've turned to going the single route. I have my sights on the HPF single turbo conversion. I'm hoping to get this whenever it comes out.
__________________
2011 VO 1M
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
bklounge's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
256
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: the D flo

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
Old thread but I've turned to going the single route. I have my sights on the HPF single turbo conversion. I'm hoping to get this whenever it comes out.
IF it comes out
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #32
robertm
Captain
11
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dfw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
Old thread but I've turned to going the single route. I have my sights on the HPF single turbo conversion. I'm hoping to get this whenever it comes out.
Why wouldn't you simple go with one of the units FTTC has already proven and producing right now? Seems to be a very robust and well thought out package with turnkey software to support it.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
Snertz
H O O N
Snertz's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
581
Posts

 
Drives: ein M?!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via AIM to Snertz Send a message via Skype™ to Snertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Why wouldn't you simple go with one of the units FTTC has already proven and producing right now? Seems to be a very robust and well thought out package with turnkey software to support it.
The HPF one is a twin scroll so it'd be more responsive than the FFTEC/Vishnu setup. HPF will supposedly be offering the hardware for sale separately too, with the JB5 w/isolated boost control and PROEFI tunes coming out soon you wouldn't be limited to choice of tune. BMS already offers a similar backend flash, but if you don't want to have to mail in the DME similar results can be achieved using a Cobb AP.

The VIN locking vishnu setup is basically an all or nothing setup, in addition to the kit you have to buy/use their tune, their PWM meth, and their MAP sensor kit. It is a nice complete setup nonetheless, and does what is advertised; personally I'd just prefer more options in how the kit is setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
NihonX
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
840
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 VO 1M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Antioch

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
The HPF one is a twin scroll so it'd be more responsive than the FFTEC/Vishnu setup. HPF will supposedly be offering the hardware for sale separately too, with the JB5 w/isolated boost control and PROEFI tunes coming out soon you wouldn't be limited to choice of tune. BMS already offers a similar backend flash, but if you don't want to have to mail in the DME similar results can be achieved using a Cobb AP.

The VIN locking vishnu setup is basically an all or nothing setup, in addition to the kit you have to buy/use their tune, their PWM meth, and their MAP sensor kit. It is a nice complete setup nonetheless, and does what is advertised; personally I'd just prefer more options in how the kit is setup.
+1

I'd rather not be forced to buy items I already have just because the seller wants to make as much money as possible. I already have a tune, meth kit, etc. I just want the turbo manifold.
I received a quote from Vishnu at around over $9000 for the kit. (This was months ago and I can't remember exact amount)
__________________
2011 VO 1M
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST