BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
Jay-K
Colonel
Jay-K's Avatar
Indonesia
35
Rep
2,515
Posts

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

iTrader: (0)

Charge Pipe

I know they say that the stock charge pipe broke easily

what brand are the best ? and how much should i pay for it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
1911A145
Captain
1911A145's Avatar
10
Rep
773
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

iTrader: (4)

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #3
Artemis
Brigadier General
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
103
Rep
3,363
Posts

 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Check for a start these threads about the phenomenon of popping/cracking charge pipes:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568915 ("Charge Pipe: Lousy Design")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693759 ("Charge pipe cracked")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680132 ("Bang when accelerating")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585690 ("Charge pipe mod")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741784 ("Charge Pipe Sound Generator")
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Jay-K
Colonel
Jay-K's Avatar
Indonesia
35
Rep
2,515
Posts

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Check for a start these threads about the phenomenon of popping/cracking charge pipes:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568915 ("Charge Pipe: Lousy Design")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693759 ("Charge pipe cracked")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680132 ("Bang when accelerating")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585690 ("Charge pipe mod")
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741784 ("Charge Pipe Sound Generator")
thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
418
Rep
11,446
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk688 View Post
I know they say that the stock charge pipe broke easily

what brand are the best ? and how much should i pay for it?
By far the best and most popular!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=13622033
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
schnite
Private First Class
4
Rep
111
Posts

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: china

iTrader: (0)

ER is very well!just i tune the charge pipe and BOV
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
135iM
New Member
135iM's Avatar
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E82 135i N45
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I went with the Evolution Raceworks charge pipe with forge divertervalves. Fits perfectly and look and sounds great. Easily instaled as well. Took me 20 minutes
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

ER fitted with stock DVs.... Took a while to install though. Car is louder and sharper IMO + peace of mind that OEM CP won't fail
__________________
BMW 1M VO - Cobb + PTF e-Tune, Akrapovic wireless, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, TurboSmart PB DV's, SSK, CDV, OCC, AWRON Gauge, Hankook RS-3's, Vorshlag Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
///1M
Captain
9
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: between Indiana and the alley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
ER fitted with stock DVs.... Took a while to install though. Car is louder and sharper IMO + peace of mind that OEM CP won't fail
Louder how, exactly?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST