BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #23
Drawn05
Captain
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Left

Posts: 783
iTrader: (0)

Also, you arent going to get a performance exhaust for the 120i from the USA - it wasnt released there so they dont have the parts. You will need to go to bm-mini parts in the UK.

135 and 125 have different pipe diameters so you will not be able to directly clamp/weld onto your 120 - it would also be too loud and drone like a fart canon.
Drawn05 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #24
Taymaishu
Banned
 
Drives: I love massive black cocks
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in my ass and around my mouth

Posts: 3,020
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 125i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05
Also, you arent going to get a performance exhaust for the 120i from the USA - it wasnt released there so they dont have the parts. You will need to go to bm-mini parts in the UK.

135 and 125 have different pipe diameters so you will not be able to directly clamp/weld onto your 120 - it would also be too loud and drone like a fart canon.
Steve you are becoming the wealth of knowledge for the 1er!
Taymaishu is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
Drawn05
Captain
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Left

Posts: 783
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Steve you are becoming the wealth of knowledge for the 1er!
I wish.
Drawn05 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
jaffa12
Major
 
Drives: m + not-so-m
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 1,318
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
.....You have to send to a re-shipper like www.shipito.com
Ian this is a newb question. How does one calculate actual inbound shipping charges? For e.g. does shipito work out weight and package size required and then provide you with the various shipping options to choose or do you have to guesstimate the size and weight of package required, and select the relevant shipping options? The latter seems a bit hit and miss especially when we may not always know the packaging, size and weight of package from the supplier. thanks Donald
jaffa12 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #27
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa11 View Post
Ian this is a newb question. How does one calculate actual inbound shipping charges? For e.g. does shipito work out weight and package size required and then provide you with the various shipping options to choose or do you have to guesstimate the size and weight of package required, and select the relevant shipping options? The latter seems a bit hit and miss especially when we may not always know the packaging, size and weight of package from the supplier. thanks Donald
If say you are ordering from Tischer/GetBMWParts, they will charge to send to the 'virtual' address as per your "shipito" account. If you know the dimensions and weight of the package you can get a quote from shipito, but their prices are hard to beat as they have deals with UPS, FedEx etc.

Once shipito receive the package, they let you know via email and you can either hold it to make a group shipment combined with other orders, or get a range of different shipping options/quotes to send to Oz. Pay them for the shipping and they send it off to Oz. Easy!
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #28
Mr Marcus
Objects in the rear view mirror are losing
 
Mr Marcus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

Mate how did you get one passed the rego guys? BMW told me they aren't allowed to sell them in Oz any more because of the new noise metering. They flat out refused to sell me one.
__________________
2011 135i N55 | Black | M Sport | DCT | Sunroof | Pro Nav | Alpine Hi-Fi | Commbox | Tint | blah blah
Mr Marcus is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #29
Taymaishu
Banned
 
Drives: I love massive black cocks
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in my ass and around my mouth

Posts: 3,020
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 125i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus
Mate how did you get one passed the rego guys? BMW told me they aren't allowed to sell them in Oz any more because of the new noise metering. They flat out refused to sell me one.
They will always say that.

It's something to do with ADR's, not sound. I asked BMW Aus this and they confirmed it does not pass ADRs.
Taymaishu is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Mr Marcus
Objects in the rear view mirror are losing
 
Mr Marcus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Taymaishu. I really want one though!!!
__________________
2011 135i N55 | Black | M Sport | DCT | Sunroof | Pro Nav | Alpine Hi-Fi | Commbox | Tint | blah blah
Mr Marcus is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #31
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Do it I love mine
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
wibbit
Private
 
Drives: E89 Z4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

So if it doesn't pass ADR standards then does it void your warranty, or worse, your insurance?
wibbit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #33
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,908
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbit View Post
So if it doesn't pass ADR standards then does it void your warranty, or worse, your insurance?
An axel back exhaust will not void your warranty.

The PE is very similar to the stock exhaust, however utilises a different muffler that results in a different exhaust note.

My understanding is that the PE did not meet the ADR requirement because it was considered too loud.

You wouldn't have any issues with insurance, the exhaust even comes with a BMW logo.
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
Eddie135
N55 Commando
 
Eddie135's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 740
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
An axel back exhaust will not void your warranty.

The PE is very similar to the stock exhaust, however utilises a different muffler that results in a different exhaust note.

My understanding is that the PE did not meet the ADR requirement because it was considered too loud.

You wouldn't have any issues with insurance, the exhaust even comes with a BMW logo.
Hi

Isn't the PE muffler same as the stock muffler, only difference is the resonator being replace by a Y-Sectioned pipe.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Eddie135 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: BMW 135i / Kawa Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,908
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Hi

Isn't the PE muffler same as the stock muffler, only difference is the resonator being replace by a Y-Sectioned pipe.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Sorry you are correct, the resonator is deleted. I also think the muffler is slightly different as well, I could be wrong though. I have only seen photos online, never seen one up close.
__________________
BMW 135i N54 TWIN TURBO
Quarter Mile 12.173@113.70mph - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Sprint 1:01:22 - Street Tyres
Queensland Raceway Clubman 1:04:74 - Street Tyres
Lakeside Raceway 1:03:97 - Street Tyres
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #36
SparklingRed
Lieutenant
 
SparklingRed's Avatar
 
Drives: 125i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
They can't ship to AU any longer. You have to send to a re-shipper like www.shipito.com
Since when did this happen?
__________________
SparklingRed is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #37
Eddie135
N55 Commando
 
Eddie135's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 740
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Sorry you are correct, the resonator is deleted. I also think the muffler is slightly different as well, I could be wrong though. I have only seen photos online, never seen one up close.
Haha, that is why I went for the resonator delete which i get more baffle sound. As the PE rear muffler is not much different from the stock ones.
Eddie135 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Hi

Isn't the PE muffler same as the stock muffler, only difference is the resonator being replace by a Y-Sectioned pipe.

Correct me if I am wrong.
The muffler is different, otherwise whats the point, just get a resonator delete lol
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #39
Eddie135
N55 Commando
 
Eddie135's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 740
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Eddie135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
The muffler is different, otherwise whats the point, just get a resonator delete lol


Thats is what I did, love the sound and everytime I put the foot down, it roars. Plus it is a genuine BMW performance part.
Eddie135 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #40
oldman
.
 
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NSW Australia

Posts: 442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbit View Post
So if it doesn't pass ADR standards then does it void your warranty, or worse, your insurance?
I've had PE for two years after purchasing it from United BMW in the U.S.

Prior to that, I had asked my dealer about the PE he said they could not sell it here because it had never been submitted for ADR approval in Australia.

Asked if I brought one in and fitted it myself would it void my warranty and was told no.

Two months ago, bought an Akrapovic race exhaust for my son's BMW s1000rr bike and had my dealer fit it. They did, signed his service book indicating they had fitted it and validated that the bike is still fully warranted with the exhaust.
__________________
__________________
MY09 135i AW | Manual | Pro NAV | CA | Logic 7 Hi Fi | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMS Dual Intake | iCarbon CF Rear Diffuser |
oldman is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Two months ago, bought an Akrapovic race exhaust for my son's BMW s1000rr bike and had my dealer fit it. They did, signed his service book indicating they had fitted it and validated that the bike is still fully warranted with the exhaust.
I was under the impression Akra and BMW (Bikes) are quite close anyway.

You can get the S1000RR with akra fitted already from our dealer.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #42
oldman
.
 
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NSW Australia

Posts: 442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I was under the impression Akra and BMW (Bikes) are quite close anyway.

You can get the S1000RR with akra fitted already from our dealer.
Yes but is it just the slip on or the whole exhaust. My son got the slip on Akra as a freebee promotion when he got the bike, but sold it to get the full race system.

My son new a guy that fitted his own, but it took him 9 hours and you have to drain the oil and remove the filter to fit, so it was better in both regards (time and warranty) to have it done by the dealer.
__________________
__________________
MY09 135i AW | Manual | Pro NAV | CA | Logic 7 Hi Fi | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMS Dual Intake | iCarbon CF Rear Diffuser |
oldman is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #43
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Yes but is it just the slip on or the whole exhaust. My son got the slip on Akra as a freebee promotion when he got the bike, but sold it to get the full race system.

My son new a guy that fitted his own, but it took him 9 hours and you have to drain the oil and remove the filter to fit, so it was better in both regards (time and warranty) to have it done by the dealer.
ah make sense it is for the slip on.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #44
sbce90
Me Boosta
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 5,457
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
They will always say that.

It's something to do with ADR's, not sound. I asked BMW Aus this and they confirmed it does not pass ADRs.
Same with the N46 PE.
sbce90 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw performance exhaust, tischer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST