BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #45
Ian///M
Major General

Drives: 1M

Well 43 dealers in Oz. I would assume that some smaller dealers have let their allocations slip past their production dates, so never made. This would allow bigger dealers to perhaps get new allocations?

I think it all depends on if E82 production does stop in March, or if it will be extended? This article a few weeks ago: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/e8...ars-41087.html
This in Jan 2011: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478307
      12-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #46
NPVPositive
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 1M

Seven months on the road now and I still haven't seen another 1M . . . starting to feel a bit lonely!!!

Clarkson on the 1M
NPVPositive is offline   Australia
      12-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #47
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPVPositive View Post
Seven months on the road now and I still haven't seen another 1M . . . starting to feel a bit lonely!!!
I have seen about 6 on the road (maybe the same 3 cars, but AW, BSM & a VO). Then seen Zuzu's and Beemer's cars too. I'm sure they have hit the 100 mark now.

I also don't think there is a huge market out there for these cars... remember it is a specifically focused enthusiasts' car, MT, and $110k.... while a lot of people admire and want it, not all can justify purchasing it....oh yes, and it's just a 1 series
      12-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #48
jaffa12
Major

Drives: 1M, M235i

Quote:
I haven't seen one either and even though I practically drive HBD everyday, I have tried but have yet to spot Joe/Zuzu's. It's definitely not a common sight this car. To be honest, 125s or 135s are not common sightings either.
jaffa12 is online now   Australia
      12-22-2011, 04:20 AM   #49
jaffa12
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
I also don't think there is a huge market out there for these cars... remember it is a specifically focused enthusiasts' car, MT, and $110k.... while a lot of people admire and want it, not all can justify purchasing it....oh yes, and it's just a 1 series
Strange that you have mentioned this cos I have found myself questioning lately if purchasing a possibly-last-of-its-generation V8 E92M3 is a better decision. With production ceasing in June12, it's still not too late I'm thinking. but then there's the 1M
      12-22-2011, 04:34 AM   #50
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Strange that you have mentioned this cos I have found myself questioning lately if purchasing a possibly-last-of-its-generation V8 E92M3 is a better decision. With production ceasing in June12, it's still not too late I'm thinking. but then there's the 1M
What do you drive at the moment? I thought the same before putting deposit down on 1M and test drove an M3 E92 MT for peace of mind.
Cons of the M3: Not as much fun as my tuned 135i in real-world driving, MT shifts not as slick, very common car with many owned by tossers, end-of line for E92 production.
Pros of M3: High revving NA V8, ready as is track car, great styling (could have bigger arches)
      12-22-2011, 05:29 AM   #51
Zuzu
Major General

Drives: VO 1M Beast

Quote:
You can always meet the rest of us lonely 1M owners here..

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624523

I have only seen one other 1M and its always in the street where I live and its also VO..
Zuzu is online now   Australia
      12-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #52
jaffa12
Major

Quote:
What do you drive at the moment? I thought the same before putting deposit down on 1M and test drove an M3 E92 MT for peace of mind.
Cons of the M3: Not as much fun as my tuned 135i in real-world driving, MT shifts not as slick, very common car with many owned by tossers, end-of line for E92 production.
Pros of M3: High revving NA V8, ready as is track car, great styling (could have bigger arches)
Know what you mean. There's a good chance I would place an another order if I dare ignore missus' LOUD objections. Other option could be John/Alpine's but it's AW. Need the 1M now.
      12-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #53
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Know what you mean. There's a good chance I would place an another order if I dare ignore missus' LOUD objections. Other option could be John/Alpine's but it's AW. Need the 1M now.
Sent you a PM? Alpine selling??? There's always that one on carsales in VIC

Last edited by Ian///M; 12-22-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
      12-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #54
beemer
force fed Member

Drives: BSM 1M

they are rare alright, only seen one other yet, be prepared for people to be interested in your car all the time
beemer is offline   Australia
      12-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #55
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
they are rare alright, only seen one other yet, be prepared for people to be interested in your car all the time
Agreed. Like I said the 6 I have seen around are probably the same cars twice each... AW in Mosman twice, VO on Military Rd, VO at Brookevale, BSM twice in Cremorne.... that said it has been about 4 weeks since I saw one.
      12-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #56
Alpine*
Brigadier General

Drives: CLK63 Black

Quote:
Sent you a PM? Alpine selling??? There's always that one on carsales in VIC
I think Donald means our M3, all 4 of our cars are white and they all have black wheels. The daughters cars is however red.

Come along to the coffee meet you guys, there will be a few 1Ms there, all colors I'm guessing too. Maybe we need a hot shot photographer there on the day too, suggestions?
Alpine* is offline   Australia
      12-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #57
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
Agreed. Like I said the 6 I have seen around are probably the same cars twice each... AW in Mosman twice, VO on Military Rd, VO at Brookevale, BSM twice in Cremorne.... that said it has been about 4 weeks since I saw one.
You wouldn't believe it, I was alongside a VO 1M this morning on Centenary Drive Homebush at 7.00am.

Its the same 1M that I always spot.. MAC-01M

And again as usual, I was in my Yaris, so I was invisible to him...lol
      12-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #58
gazz
///Mbassador

Drives: The horse I fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
You wouldn't believe it, I was alongside a VO 1M this morning on Centenary Drive Homebush at 7.00am.

It's a parallel universe you.
gazz is offline   Australia
      12-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #59
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
It's a parallel universe you.
Aint that the truth.. tell my bank manager..
      12-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #60
jaffa12
Major

Quote:

So did you give him a
      12-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #61
Zuzu
Major General

Pulled up alongside him at the red light, looked over admiringly at the car (not him) and he looked over and justput his nose up at me...

Oh well.. His loss..
      12-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #62
gazz
///Mbassador

Quote:
Pulled up alongside him at the red light, looked over admiringly at the car (not him) and he looked over and justput his nose up at me...

Oh well.. His loss..
So I was right then?

Joe, I've fitted the 135i tips to my car and it looks, well to my eye anyway, much better. Yes I know - pics please. I'll shoot them through later. I just jump on the computer now and then to take a break from pre Christmas madness so I haven't had time for pictures yet.
      12-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #63
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
So I was right then?

Joe, I've fitted the 135i tips to my car and it looks, well to my eye anyway, much better. Yes I know - pics please. I'll shoot them through later. I just jump on the computer now and then to take a break from pre Christmas madness so I haven't had time for pictures yet.
Awesome..cant wait to see pix..

Did they insert a reducer into the 135i tips or weld?
      12-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #64
gazz
///Mbassador

Quote:
Awesome..cant wait to see pix..

Did they insert a reducer into the 135i tips or weld?
Pics will be self explanatory
      12-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #65
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
I was wondering if these would fit. So the 1M tips slide off and direct replacement?
      12-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #66
Zuzu
Major General

Quote:
I was wondering if these would fit. So the 1M tips slide off and direct replacement?
I wish..not exactly..