BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
cjof2003
0
BMW Newbie
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Good Atlanta area dealership for service?

Hey Guys, I need some recommendations.

My car is about due for service, and the brakes are starting to squeal so I need to make an appointment. The two most convenient dealerships to me both gave me bad impression in the past was well as bad reviews online.

Those two dealerships are Global Imports and South Atlanta. Does anyone have experience with either of these dealerships for routine maintenance warranty service?

If not can anyone recommend a dealership that is not too far out of the way from these two as I live somewhat near BMW of South Atlanta and work somewhat close to Global Imports BMW.


Thanks
__________________

2008 Titanium Silver 135i
6MT | Sport | Premium | Hi-Fi
cjof2003 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
tkbr0wn
0
Major
 
Drives: 1M BSM (297 of 740)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

I would suggest United BMW in Roswell. Eric Rossman is the service manager and he will treat you right.
__________________

● 135i is gone, 1M BSM #297 ●
tkbr0wn is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
almsfan
0
Private
 
Drives: 2011 128i w/M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
I would suggest United BMW in Roswell. Eric Rossman is the service manager and he will treat you right.
Eric at Roswell gets my vote too!
almsfan is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
cjof2003
0
BMW Newbie
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys!
__________________

2008 Titanium Silver 135i
6MT | Sport | Premium | Hi-Fi
cjof2003 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
dougiedude
0
Enlisted Member
 
dougiedude's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i M Sprt/ 05 Lotus Elise
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: marietta,ga

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
Hey Guys, I need some recommendations.

My car is about due for service, and the brakes are starting to squeal so I need to make an appointment. The two most convenient dealerships to me both gave me bad impression in the past was well as bad reviews online.

Those two dealerships are Global Imports and South Atlanta. Does anyone have experience with either of these dealerships for routine maintenance warranty service?

If not can anyone recommend a dealership that is not too far out of the way from these two as I live somewhat near BMW of South Atlanta and work somewhat close to Global Imports BMW.


Thanks

I just had my first experience at Global BMW, and had no problems, but I'd love to know what kind of bad experience you had there, so that I can 'be aware' for next time.

Can you share some specifics?

Doug

P.S. BTW, I live not far from there, at Terrill Mill and Paper Mill, so I'll keep my eye out for you... you have the 'rare' 6MT and Titanium, too; I can dig it!
__________________
'Tito' is an '09 Titanium on Black 135i 6MT Sport

Last edited by dougiedude; 11-02-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add an observation
dougiedude is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
Satalite
0
Colonel
 
Satalite's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,885
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiedude View Post
I just had my first experience at Global BMW, and had no problems, but I'd love to know what kind of bad experience you had there, so that I can 'be aware' for next time.

Can you share some specifics?

Doug

P.S. BTW, I live not far from there, at Terrill Mill and Paper Mill, so I'll keep my eye out for you... you have the 'rare' 6MT and Titanium, too; I can dig it!
Never had a problem with Global.
__________________
Satalite is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
cjof2003
0
BMW Newbie
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Georgia

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

My main issue with the dealerships was the way I was treated (or not treated?) when I was car shopping. I guess a mid 20s guy in jeans doesn't look like a serious buyer? Anyways, I'd not had any services done by them at the time the thread was created.
__________________

2008 Titanium Silver 135i
6MT | Sport | Premium | Hi-Fi
cjof2003 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
MrFlema
0
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i Vert / HD Iron 883
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dacula GA

Posts: 325
iTrader: (7)

BMW Of South Atlanta or United!
MrFlema is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
My135
0
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

Posts: 1,603
iTrader: (0)

My son at Honda works on my 1, so far, we have install Jb3 and JB3->4 upgrade, BMS DP fix, OCC, ST coil over, AR catxxx DP, mid-pipe and AFE cat back exhaust, and new spark plugs. All install successfully with no problems and no charge:-):-):-)

Next is to upgrade the brake system with BMW performance rotors and Feredo race pads which I bought the parts already.
__________________
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
My135 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
iStig
0
Jason Bourne
 
iStig's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 190
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to iStig
i have a car at Global right now in for a PPI.....
they got the car at 8am this morning and ive yet to get the results...
(im overseas)... this will inevitably dictate whether i do business with them again or not post sale...
iStig is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST