BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #23
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

i just installed my new BMW PE yestserday and am very pleased with the results. Bimmer-bob was right the rubber hangers that it sits on werent the easiest to work with espcially getting in on..not fun but i use some grease and i think it may have helped a little bit.
Made the first cut a little short just in case then took another 1/2 inch off after. I love the look and was basically a pretty easy install. I just used vehicle ramps and back on them and had plenty of room to move around. Any questions and i can gladly help anyone.

Initial sound is great and no drone on the highway..going 60 at least. I read a lot of people saying that it gets even better with miles on it so i look forward to that. Have to give a shout out to my guys at **********s.com who helped me get it at the great price! BMW wanted $970 and i got it for $760 after shipping. So thank you Elliott for your help.
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #24
Satalite
Colonel
 
Satalite's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,881
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldtravler84 View Post
i just installed my new BMW PE yestserday and am very pleased with the results. Bimmer-bob was right the rubber hangers that it sits on werent the easiest to work with espcially getting in on..not fun but i use some grease and i think it may have helped a little bit.
Made the first cut a little short just in case then took another 1/2 inch off after. I love the look and was basically a pretty easy install. I just used vehicle ramps and back on them and had plenty of room to move around. Any questions and i can gladly help anyone.

Initial sound is great and no drone on the highway..going 60 at least. I read a lot of people saying that it gets even better with miles on it so i look forward to that. Have to give a shout out to my guys at **********s.com who helped me get it at the great price! BMW wanted $970 and i got it for $760 after shipping. So thank you Elliott for your help.
Damn son! @ 760 your getting a steal! Glad you like it, the aggressive sound in the first 100 miles were all smiles. It will eventually mellow a bit, but still sound amazing.
__________________
Satalite is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #25
Guam128i
Enlisted Member
 
Guam128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Have you guys read this article?


The ultimate handing machine: 128i ?
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...highlight=128i
Nice!
Guam128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Well i finally got the BMW PE and i am LOVING IT! WOOT

Great sound, great everything....Worth every penny, ended up paying $810 which is not bad at all.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #27
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
 
debadgedbmw1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ontario

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

I've installed: BMW perf sway bar ,euro spec oem BMW intake case with a drop-in cone shapped kN filter,BMW perf exhaust...luv my 128i!
Definitely noticeable performance and sound.
debadgedbmw1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Gonna go for the Intake next cant wait.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #29
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
 
debadgedbmw1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ontario

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i
Gonna go for the Intake next cant wait.
Mine is also auto trans...use sport mode for better throttle response.
debadgedbmw1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
allanrangel
Abby
 
allanrangel's Avatar
 
Drives: 125i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Providence, RI

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by debadgedbmw1 View Post
I've installed: BMW perf sway bar ,euro spec oem BMW intake case with a drop-in cone shapped kN filter,BMW perf exhaust...luv my 128i!
Definitely noticeable performance and sound.
Do you have the part number for the K&N Filter? I already have the Performance Exhaust and was looking for an intake.
allanrangel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
 
debadgedbmw1's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 128i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ontario

Posts: 98
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanrangel
Quote:
Originally Posted by debadgedbmw1 View Post
I've installed: BMW perf sway bar ,euro spec oem BMW intake case with a drop-in cone shapped kN filter,BMW perf exhaust...luv my 128i!
Definitely noticeable performance and sound.
Do you have the part number for the K&N Filter? I already have the Performance Exhaust and was looking for an intake.
Mine is not a flat pannel... It's a cone shaped k&n filter # E-2022 or N52 euro air box
Hope that helps👍
debadgedbmw1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #32
allanrangel
Abby
 
allanrangel's Avatar
 
Drives: 125i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Providence, RI

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by debadgedbmw1 View Post
Mine is not a flat pannel... It's a cone shaped k&n filter # E-2022 or N52 euro air box
Hope that helps‘
Down here in Mexico we don't get the flat panel, we get the euro-spec intake. Thanks for the #
allanrangel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #33
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i
Well i finally got the BMW PE and i am LOVING IT! WOOT

Great sound, great everything....Worth every penny, ended up paying $810 which is not bad at all.
Yes I love it... What intake are you getting? I have the Injen cold air intake and it really compliments the exhaust... You can really hear it at about 3500rpm
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldtravler84 View Post
Yes I love it... What intake are you getting? I have the Injen cold air intake and it really compliments the exhaust... You can really hear it at about 3500rpm

Gonna go with the BMW Performance Intake, i didn't want to shed the extra $$ for an intake...but i was like fuck it. lol
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
Guam135i
Private First Class
 
Guam135i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 BMW 135i, 08 128 Cab
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Guam

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
Gonna go with the BMW Performance Intake, i didn't want to shed the extra $$ for an intake...but i was like fuck it. lol
hahahah, you got to do what you got to do
__________________

70 Morris Cooper S * 08 BMW 135i Coupe * 08 BMW 128i Convertible * 03 BMW 525i Touring
Guam135i is offline   Guam
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #36
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldtravler84 View Post
Yes I love it... What intake are you getting? I have the Injen cold air intake and it really compliments the exhaust... You can really hear it at about 3500rpm

Gonna go with the BMW Performance Intake, i didn't want to shed the extra $$ for an intake...but i was like fuck it. lol
**********s.com has the BMW intake for $655. Hope that helps
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #37
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guam135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNEM_128i View Post
Gonna go with the BMW Performance Intake, i didn't want to shed the extra $$ for an intake...but i was like fuck it. lol
hahahah, you got to do what you got to do
Here's the link...it's the cheapest I could find. http://www.**********s.com/OEM-BMW-Performance-128i-Intake-System-13720444751.htm
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #38
USNEM_128i
Private First Class
 
USNEM_128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami,FL

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldtravler84 View Post
Here's the link...it's the cheapest I could find. http://www.**********s.com/OEM-BMW-P...3720444751.htm

Thank you so much Will be ordering it within the next 2-3 days
Will be posting some pics.
USNEM_128i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #39
Riley1524
Lieutenant
 
Riley1524's Avatar
 
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Posts: 545
iTrader: (4)

What's the exact length you have to cut from the stock exhaust?
__________________
2009 128i Sport Package, 6 speed, Heated Leather, Factory Adaptive H.I.D Headlights. MODS: VMR 18" Vb3's Matte Black, Eibach Pro-Kit, BMW Performance Brakes, BMW SSK, CDV delete, Morimoto 4500k D1s Bulbs, 3000k DDM HID Fogs, icarbon Dry Carbon Rear Deck Lid Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Custom Painted Grills, Injen intake, Custom Berk Race Exhaust. Escort Redline RD, Laser Intercepter Laser Jammers....Much More To Come
Riley1524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #40
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524
What's the exact length you have to cut from the stock exhaust?
Exact length I don't know but I just eyeballed about 1 inch from the welds of the stock exhaust. Just depends on how much of the tips you want sticking out the back.
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #41
Bimmer-Bob
!
 
Bimmer-Bob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 128i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC

Posts: 2,234
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
You just need to eyeball the cut. The sleeve that attaches the new exhaust overlaps both the old and new pipes, so it gives you some wiggle room (a few inches) either way. The cut doesn't really effect how much of the pipes stick out because the exhaust is hung from fixed points.
__________________
Bimmer-Bob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #42
Riley1524
Lieutenant
 
Riley1524's Avatar
 
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

Posts: 545
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
You just need to eyeball the cut. The sleeve that attaches the new exhaust overlaps both the old and new pipes, so it gives you some wiggle room (a few inches) either way. The cut doesn't really effect how much of the pipes stick out because the exhaust is hung from fixed points.
Cool! Thanks!
__________________
2009 128i Sport Package, 6 speed, Heated Leather, Factory Adaptive H.I.D Headlights. MODS: VMR 18" Vb3's Matte Black, Eibach Pro-Kit, BMW Performance Brakes, BMW SSK, CDV delete, Morimoto 4500k D1s Bulbs, 3000k DDM HID Fogs, icarbon Dry Carbon Rear Deck Lid Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Custom Painted Grills, Injen intake, Custom Berk Race Exhaust. Escort Redline RD, Laser Intercepter Laser Jammers....Much More To Come
Riley1524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #43
Anto2156
New Member
 
Drives: 09 128i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys I have a question....
Which do you guys recommend. I was thinking about getting an intake for a while but im stuck up on which i should get. Is the aFe worth the extra money? Thanks in advance

http://www.**********s.com/aFe-Stage...54-81012-C.htm

http://www.**********s.com/Injen-Col...-328i-330i.htm
Anto2156 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #44
wrldtravler84
New Member
 
wrldtravler84's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IN

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto2156
Hey guys I have a question....
Which do you guys recommend. I was thinking about getting an intake for a while but im stuck up on which i should get. Is the aFe worth the extra money? Thanks in advance

http://www.**********s.com/aFe-Stage...54-81012-C.htm

http://www.**********s.com/Injen-Col...-328i-330i.htm
I have the Injen intake and love it. Easy install too
wrldtravler84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST