BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
UR25IO
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYDNEY BONNYRIGG HEIGHTS

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Help! Cheap place to get wheels painted????

Does anyone here know where is the most cheapest place to get my stock wheel sand blasted,painted and baked professionally. In SYDNEY?
Tyres are already off.
These are my spare wheels. Dont want to spend a hug amount of money on these nuggets :P
UR25IO is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
froop
Colonel
 
froop's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (2)

I go to Peter at Custom Wheels in Lansvale. $100/wheel and for me he usually removes and replaces the tyre and rebalances as well for no extra cost. He'll check for wheel buckling as well and can also repair that too. When I repainted my stock wheels. All 4 were mildly to moderately buckled. He charged me $700 to paint and unbuckle all 4 wheels. Price included all tyre removal, fitting and rebalancing.
__________________
Procede Rev 3 | PWM Meth | Mr5 Intake | AFE Scoops | ER FMIC | ER CP | TiAl BOV | AR Catless DPs | CP-E Exhaust | Forgestar F14s | M3 Strut Tower Brace | M3 Front Arms | M3 F + R Sway Bars | M3 Rear End Conversion | Moton Clubsports with Swift Springs | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ECS 2-Piece Rotors | SS Lines | Cool Carbons | BR Half Cage | BMWP SSK | BMWP Interior/Exterior Goodies | Blacklines | P3 Gauge | 1M Interior |
froop is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
viciousgook
Captain
 
viciousgook's Avatar
 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 632
iTrader: (1)

I got my wheels painted by a dude in Hoxton Park for $60 per wheel.
viciousgook is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
UR25IO
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYDNEY BONNYRIGG HEIGHTS

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I go to Peter at Custom Wheels in Lansvale. $100/wheel and for me he usually removes and replaces the tyre and rebalances as well for no extra cost. He'll check for wheel buckling as well and can also repair that too. When I repainted my stock wheels. All 4 were mildly to moderately buckled. He charged me $700 to paint and unbuckle all 4 wheels. Price included all tyre removal, fitting and rebalancing.
hahah Alex.. I did want to spend more than $200ish
I went down that track of getting my stock wheel painted for $800 all wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
I got my wheels painted by a dude in Hoxton Park for $60 per wheel.
Humm down the road from me. Do you know if they do sandblusting, old powder coat need to be remove as its flaking off due to stupied careless tyre fitters.
UR25IO is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
John_01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
John_01's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 1,987
iTrader: (0)

Low quality wheel refinishing can really suck. If there is the slightest bit of damage, you will be best off to get them sand blasted and finished properly. Otherwise the paint will start coming off way too soon.
John_01 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
viciousgook
Captain
 
viciousgook's Avatar
 
Drives: BBC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 632
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR25IO View Post
hahah Alex.. I did want to spend more than $200ish
I went down that track of getting my stock wheel painted for $800 all wheels.



Humm down the road from me. Do you know if they do sandblusting, old powder coat need to be remove as its flaking off due to stupied careless tyre fitters.
Yup, he strips it down to bare metal and repaints it
His name is Mauro - 0418 613 566
It's his side job, so it's usually a couple more days turnover than a proper shop but he does it super cheap and it's quality work.
viciousgook is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
UR25IO
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SYDNEY BONNYRIGG HEIGHTS

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Low quality wheel refinishing can really suck. If there is the slightest bit of damage, you will be best off to get them sand blasted and finished properly. Otherwise the paint will start coming off way too soon.
Fortunely these will be my spare track or get out of trouble wheels. Just what it to look reasonable and better than a standard home DIY from a spray can lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
Yup, he strips it down to bare metal and repaints it
His name is Mauro - 0418 613 566
It's his side job, so it's usually a couple more days turnover than a proper shop but he does it super cheap and it's quality work.

Thanks viciousgook
when the time comes ill give him a buzz.
The turnover is not a major concern for me.. as long its not months on end
UR25IO is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST