BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #111
American Phaser
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Just placed my order! Thanks Mike for all the info. This will be the second mod on my new 135i (following the Escort 9500 hardwire, of course). It doesn't even have plates yet!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #112
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Phaser View Post
Just placed my order! Thanks Mike for all the info. This will be the second mod on my new 135i (following the Escort 9500 hardwire, of course). It doesn't even have plates yet!
Cool

Let me know how you like them once its installed...

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #113
American Phaser
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 135i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Cool

Let me know how you like them once its installed...

Mike
I ordered the BMS LED Angel Eyes from N54 Tuning on Sunday, and they were shipped on Monday morning via USPS first class. I received and installed them today, Wednesday, on my 2012 135i convertible. Iím quite happy with the result.

The kit is of good quality materials and assembly. The instructions, downloaded from the BMS website, were relatively clear and straightforward. I did have an issue here as the instructions mention that the negative wiring on the BMW is brown, and the positive is yellow. My car has brown and purple/black wiring. I made the assumption that the brown wire would still be negative, and carried forward without resorting to checking with the digital multimeter. This turned out to be correct.

The installation of the units themselves was as easy as the BMS and N54 Tuning sites and previous messages have claimed. The biggest issue -- by far -- for me was dealing with the BMW headlight assembly covers. Getting them off wasnít terrible, but putting them back on was a significant challenge. Iíve read that most of this is due to the fact that I was working on a 1-series convertible, and that itís significantly easier on other models. The entire process took about 1.5 hours, and 95% of that was spent re-installing the headlight covers. Itís a non-trivial task, and I caution anyone not patient and comfortable with his or her mechanical skill.

The persistence paid off, and I think the look is much improved over stock. The color is good, though they are somewhat more bluish-white than the stock eyebrow LEDs above the angel eyes. Although they are not quite as bright as the stock bulbs, I think it is a good level, and they look sharp under various lighting conditions. As with the stock bulbs, the outer ring is significantly less bright than the inner. Overall I would recommend the BMS LED Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #114
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Phaser View Post
I ordered the BMS LED Angel Eyes from N54 Tuning on Sunday, and they were shipped on Monday morning via USPS first class. I received and installed them today, Wednesday, on my 2012 135i convertible. Iím quite happy with the result.

The kit is of good quality materials and assembly. The instructions, downloaded from the BMS website, were relatively clear and straightforward. I did have an issue here as the instructions mention that the negative wiring on the BMW is brown, and the positive is yellow. My car has brown and purple/black wiring. I made the assumption that the brown wire would still be negative, and carried forward without resorting to checking with the digital multimeter. This turned out to be correct.

The installation of the units themselves was as easy as the BMS and N54 Tuning sites and previous messages have claimed. The biggest issue -- by far -- for me was dealing with the BMW headlight assembly covers. Getting them off wasnít terrible, but putting them back on was a significant challenge. Iíve read that most of this is due to the fact that I was working on a 1-series convertible, and that itís significantly easier on other models. The entire process took about 1.5 hours, and 95% of that was spent re-installing the headlight covers. Itís a non-trivial task, and I caution anyone not patient and comfortable with his or her mechanical skill.

The persistence paid off, and I think the look is much improved over stock. The color is good, though they are somewhat more bluish-white than the stock eyebrow LEDs above the angel eyes. Although they are not quite as bright as the stock bulbs, I think it is a good level, and they look sharp under various lighting conditions. As with the stock bulbs, the outer ring is significantly less bright than the inner. Overall I would recommend the BMS LED Angel Eyes.
Thanks for the great review Glad you're happy with your bulbs.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #115
charles0382
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Just placed the order, but the Paypal invoice stated the shipping address is unconfirmed. Also I cannot access onto the n54tuning.com right after i made the payment through Paypal. Wondering what is going wrong with the transaction..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #116
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0382 View Post
Just placed the order, but the Paypal invoice stated the shipping address is unconfirmed. Also I cannot access onto the n54tuning.com right after i made the payment through Paypal. Wondering what is going wrong with the transaction..
Ya got the order and processing it now

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #117
charles0382
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

okok! can't wait to receive it! thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #118
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0382 View Post
okok! can't wait to receive it! thank you!
You should have tracking in your email and have them tomorrow.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #119
charles0382
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Great! Received the tracking number. Thanks mike.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #120
NickyC
Captain
15
Rep
696
Posts

 
Drives: Something German.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (6)

Just wanted to give Mike a massive THANK YOU here on the forums. I purchased a set of these LEDs this past March, and they've been fantastic. Last weekend, one of the bulbs malfunctioned (maybe due to extreme summer heat?), and Mike shipped me a new set right way to replace them. No questions asked, mega fast reply and communication, just perfect. BUY FROM MIKE!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #121
Ammonia
Captain
Ammonia's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
738
Posts

 
Drives: n54 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC

iTrader: (4)

I also wanted to give a shout-out (albiet abit late!) for the AEs I ordered from Mike about 2 months ago. One of the more visually appealing mods I've done, cheap, arrived fast, great quality, easy to install. LOVE them. Thanks Mike!
__________________

Mods: JB4 | Berk Race Axel-Back | VSRF DPs | BMS DCI | CM Meth + CMGS Controller | Stett CP | Tial BOV | RR Scoops | BMS LED AE | Matte Grills | 10% Tint | M Pedals | Blackline LCI | CSR Eyelids | Amber Overlays | Rear OEM Flaps | Seibon GTR Hood | Painted Spoiler | H-Style Front Lip | VMR V701s
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #122
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Just wanted to give Mike a massive THANK YOU here on the forums. I purchased a set of these LEDs this past March, and they've been fantastic. Last weekend, one of the bulbs malfunctioned (maybe due to extreme summer heat?), and Mike shipped me a new set right way to replace them. No questions asked, mega fast reply and communication, just perfect. BUY FROM MIKE!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I also wanted to give a shout-out (albiet abit late!) for the AEs I ordered from Mike about 2 months ago. One of the more visually appealing mods I've done, cheap, arrived fast, great quality, easy to install. LOVE them. Thanks Mike!
Thanks for the support guys

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #123
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

IN STOCK AND SHIPPING!!!

On Sale as Well.. Regular price is 199.00 and they are on for 129.00 as our intro special!!

http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=104

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #124
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Bump for a great deal!!

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #125
yaymitch
Private First Class
yaymitch's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
197
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135is 6MT & CTS-V Wagon
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to yaymitch Send a message via Yahoo to yaymitch
...just placed order...
__________________
2013 135is 6MT Carbon Black, Dinan Stage 2
2012 135i DCT- SOLD, Dinan Stage 2, BMWPE, BMWP springs, Bilstein HD dampers, M3 front control arms, E92 M3 front sway bar, M3 subframe bushings, BMS Angel Eyes, ETS FMIC
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #126
DanielC4
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Are there any angel eyes for 2012 128i's with halogens?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #127
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC4 View Post
Are there any angel eyes for 2012 128i's with halogens?
If those have the H8s then these are compatible.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #128
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

These have been updated with a new design...

Fits all H8 Angel Eye Equipped Vehicles Below:

1 Series: 2008+ E82 Coupe, E88 Convertible and 1M
1 Series: 2008+ E87 LCI Hatchback
3 Series: 2009 - 2011 BMW E90 LCI (Facelift) Sedan with Xenon Headlights
3 Series: 2009 - 2011 E91 LCI (Facelift) Touring with Xenon Headlights
3 Series: 2007+ E92 Coupe 2007-2011
3 Series: All Years, E90 E92 M3 Sedan and Coupe
5 Series: 2008+ E60 LCI (Facelift) Sedan with xenon headlights
5 Series: 2008+ E61 LCI (Facelift) Touring with xenon headlight
X5 SAV: E70 X5 2007+
X6: E71 X6 2008-2012
Z4: E89 Z4 2009-2012
Attached Images
 
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #129
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

and instructions on installing
Attached Images
 
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #130
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
5
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 LMB 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington

iTrader: (1)

I didn't scan this thread to see if anyone else had the same feelings, but I'm overall disappointed with the 4 LED AE kit. The LEDs are mounted on a fairly thick 4 sided "post" that separates the light output into quadrants. This in turn creates a marginally bright, but segmented inner halo ring with hot spots and dim spots.

I see that BMS just posted an update with a newer design that has a smaller diameter post (LEDs closer together) which should, in theory, provide a more consistent, brighter light transfer into the optical halo rings, but there's also now a heatsink that needs to be stuffed into the headlight enclosure which barely has room for the ballast as it is.

Without mentioning the competition, I'll just point out that paying twice (or more) for BMW LED AEs is more expensive than any other LED kit on the market.
__________________
2010 Le Mans Blue 135i 6MT - BMW Performance, Dinan, Koni, Eibach, Berk, Breyton, BMS
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #131
DanielC4
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If those have the H8s then these are compatible.

Mike
I don't think they'll work because my car does not have the rings/angel eyes..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #132
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Lieutenant General
Canada
476
Rep
15,011
Posts

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
I didn't scan this thread to see if anyone else had the same feelings, but I'm overall disappointed with the 4 LED AE kit. The LEDs are mounted on a fairly thick 4 sided "post" that separates the light output into quadrants. This in turn creates a marginally bright, but segmented inner halo ring with hot spots and dim spots.

I see that BMS just posted an update with a newer design that has a smaller diameter post (LEDs closer together) which should, in theory, provide a more consistent, brighter light transfer into the optical halo rings, but there's also now a heatsink that needs to be stuffed into the headlight enclosure which barely has room for the ballast as it is.

Without mentioning the competition, I'll just point out that paying twice (or more) for BMW LED AEs is more expensive than any other LED kit on the market.
Ours are comparable to some of the more expensive ones on the market. These are for the people who want the same look as the $250+ set ups, but only want to pay $129.00 to upgrade their angel eyes to LED and don't mind the little heatsink.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST