BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #287
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Congrats on the Evolve tune Ian. Looks to be a great product.

BTW if you do find a nice private road for the high speed run I'll be more than happy to tag along for the ride.
Cheers Edwin...only if you turn your meth off
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #288
Smiley1175
Captain
 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Cheers Edwin...only if you turn your meth off
I agree ... Edwin on Meth is a bad look.
Smiley1175 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #289
JB4-335
Colonel
 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E91 BSM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Congrats on the Evolve tune Ian. Looks to be a great product.

BTW if you do find a nice private road for the high speed run I'll be more than happy to tag along for the ride.
Cheers Edwin...only if you turn your meth off

Sure. I'll run the COBB tune and let you choose the map.
__________________
JB4
JB4-335 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #290
JB4-335
Colonel
 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E91 BSM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Cheers Edwin...only if you turn your meth off
I agree ... Edwin on Meth is a bad look.

__________________
JB4
JB4-335 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #291
Alpine*
Brigadier General
 
Alpine*'s Avatar
 
Drives: CLK63 Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Ian don't reckon there is a race track in Aus where you could test the speed limiter removal... I know you are joking but the old Auto barnies are the only place, aside from an airport run of course.

I know our AW car with ESS has it off but, who cares TBH.
Alpine* is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #292
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Ian don't reckon there is a race track in Aus where you could test the speed limiter removal... I know you are joking but the old Auto barnies are the only place, aside from an airport run of course.

I know our AW car with ESS has it off but, who cares TBH.
Yes, was taking the piss.... I'd chicken out by 250km/h. Anyhow I never exceed the speed limit
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #293
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Ian don't reckon there is a race track in Aus where you could test the speed limiter removal... I know you are joking but the old Auto barnies are the only place, aside from an airport run of course.

I know our AW car with ESS has it off but, who cares TBH.
I was hitting 230 at ec without meth, Suj would have hit 250 or been real close in the c63. how long is philip island. I think the scary part would be looking down at the speedo whilst performing a sweeping 90 degree left at EC
pavo335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #294
Alpine*
Brigadier General
 
Alpine*'s Avatar
 
Drives: CLK63 Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Conrod
Alpine* is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #295
Smiley1175
Captain
 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

How you've managed to last the day and not take a sickie is beyond me ... are we there yet ... is it installed?
I think I'm more excited than you!
Smiley1175 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #296
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Darwin, Australia

Posts: 1,780
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Ian don't reckon there is a race track in Aus where you could test the speed limiter removal... I know you are joking but the old Auto barnies are the only place, aside from an airport run of course.

I know our AW car with ESS has it off but, who cares TBH.
Hidden Valley is long enough - I've hit ~250km/h on the straight. It's quite good as you can trail brake into the first corner and hope you've slowed enough.
__________________
alik01 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #297
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Test drive & initial impressions:
The tune is apparent immediately. This is just brutally powerful!!

The power delivery is still very linear... the climb from 2-4.5k RPMs is more rapid. It is way more responsive low down, with clear torque increase. Traction control lighting up more so,and need to be progressive with the throttle and really can't even use WOT for more than a second or two.

M-button still works. Feels like the delta power increase is right across the rev range, as if the stock curve has simply been copied and pushed up 10%.
No codes, oil @ 120, water 107, after 30 mins of hard driving.
P3 gauge reading boost of 17.75

So far so good... needs more adaption time too. Thinking that I should have added a tune sooner now. It has definitely improved the car, while retaining the smoothness of factory tune.

Great tune Evolve
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #298
510135
Captain
 
Drives: 428i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

That sounds good. Do they only do tunes for 1M? Anything for the 135?

Would love to see how it goes after it adapts further and some figures!
510135 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #299
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0123 View Post
That sounds good. Do they only do tunes for 1M? Anything for the 135?
Yes, they were one of the first to do N54's way back. http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/1-ser.../ecu-c593.html
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #300
510135
Captain
 
Drives: 428i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0123 View Post
That sounds good. Do they only do tunes for 1M? Anything for the 135?
Yes, they were one of the first to do N54's way back. http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/1-ser.../ecu-c593.html
Ok, I wonder how it stacks up now compared with others out there. They have probably moved on with the 135 onto bigger and better things thanks
510135 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #301
Zuzu
Major General
 
Zuzu's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

Posts: 7,473
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Test drive & initial impressions:
The tune is apparent immediately. This is just brutally powerful!!

The power delivery is still very linear... the climb from 2-4.5k RPMs is more rapid. It is way more responsive low down, with clear torque increase. Traction control lighting up more so,and need to be progressive with the throttle and really can't even use WOT for more than a second or two.

M-button still works. Feels like the delta power increase is right across the rev range, as if the stock curve has simply been copied and pushed up 10%.
No codes, oil @ 120, water 107, after 30 mins of hard driving.
P3 gauge reading boost of 17.75

So far so good... needs more adaption time too. Thinking that I should have added a tune sooner now. It has definitely improved the car, while retaining the smoothness of factory tune.

Great tune Evolve
Awesome Ian. Sounds like it could be the one. Will meet you on Saturday at Advan.
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
COBB tune . ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Meisterschaft GT exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Zuzu is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #302
1MOz
Lieutenant
 
1MOz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M AW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Awesome Ian. Sounds like it could be the one. Will meet you on Saturday at Advan.
What time are you gents meeting on Sat?
1MOz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #303
sparoz
Brigadier General
 
sparoz's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

Posts: 4,783
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Test drive & initial impressions:
The tune is apparent immediately. This is just brutally powerful!!

The power delivery is still very linear... the climb from 2-4.5k RPMs is more rapid. It is way more responsive low down, with clear torque increase. Traction control lighting up more so,and need to be progressive with the throttle and really can't even use WOT for more than a second or two.

M-button still works. Feels like the delta power increase is right across the rev range, as if the stock curve has simply been copied and pushed up 10%.
No codes, oil @ 120, water 107, after 30 mins of hard driving.
P3 gauge reading boost of 17.75

So far so good... needs more adaption time too. Thinking that I should have added a tune sooner now. It has definitely improved the car, while retaining the smoothness of factory tune.

Great tune Evolve
Woah! Is it just the stage 1 tune? Or have you got the stage 3? Peak at 17.75 sounds good. Is your oil always around 120?
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
sparoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #304
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Woah! Is it just the stage 1 tune? Or have you got the stage 3? Peak at 17.75 sounds good. Is your oil always around 120?
Oil sat on 110 for ages, went to 120 briefly. Definitely a stage 1
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #305
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
How you've managed to last the day and not take a sickie is beyond me ... are we there yet ... is it installed?
I think I'm more excited than you!
I almost did, but had to work today
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #306
Alpine*
Brigadier General
 
Alpine*'s Avatar
 
Drives: CLK63 Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Ian obviously I can't comment on the Evolve but I know the difference between our two little cars is pretty significant , mines the lesser of the two in this area of course. I can't believe you guys have done this already either hahahaha

Steve, I will be very interested in your comments coming off the ESS.....

Joe, I appreciate your drive was very brief but at least you had the feel of it I guess... I am up in the air as they say as to what to go with, will be something for sure........
Alpine* is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #307
Alpine*
Brigadier General
 
Alpine*'s Avatar
 
Drives: CLK63 Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Found this whilst looking at other sh1t, may be an option Ian, I like it alot, may even get one for the BSM (I really like their CF spoiler too, with the VO stripe, CRT style).

Alpine* is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #308
Ian///M
Major General
 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU

Posts: 6,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Found this whilst looking at other sh1t, may be an option Ian, I like it alot, may even get one for the BSM (I really like their CF spoiler too, with the VO stripe, CRT style).
Thanks John... Didn't like the M badges from IND on the VO. Debadged now and will probably keep it that way
Ian///M is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST