BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #375
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Update on EvolveR tune after 200kms. Tune has definitely got better and settled. Car is just so reactive from low revs and pulls very smoothly & strongly through rev range.... The tune has exceeded my expectations
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #376
BMW86
Major General
Australia
188

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia


Posts: 8,956
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Update on EvolveR tune after 200kms. Tune has definitely got better and settled. Car is just so reactive from low revs and pulls very smoothly & strongly through rev range.... The tune has exceeded my expectations
That's good to hear. Would love to see how it compares to other tunes eg Edwin's 135i, as you're making decent power. maybe some friendly runs?
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #377
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
That's good to hear. Would love to see how it compares to other tunes eg Edwin's 135i, as you're making decent power. maybe some friendly runs?
135i's like Edwin's, Kenny's etc are in a different league power wise. This is just a S1
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #378
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

ETS ordered
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #379
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia
51

 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia


Posts: 2,586
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
ETS ordered
Nice IC choice Ian. You won't be disappointed and you'll reap the rewards on those summer track days now.
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #380
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Nice IC choice Ian. You won't be disappointed and you'll reap the rewards on those summer track days now.
Thanks for all the advice Edwin!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #381
pavo335
Banned
55

 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney


Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

whenever i think of the IC i can't help but wonder that there's gotta be a way of cooling it, either spraying something onto it (yes i know this is frowned upon) or some sort of Thermoelectric cooling. this should in my limited understanding would act like a freezer on the still hot air charge going through the IC to get it nice and chilly.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #382
JB4-335
Colonel
Australia
51

 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia


Posts: 2,586
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Thanks for all the advice Edwin!
__________________
JB4
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #383
Smiley1175
Captain
Australia
20

 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
whenever i think of the IC i can't help but wonder that there's gotta be a way of cooling it, either spraying something onto it (yes i know this is frowned upon) or some sort of Thermoelectric cooling. this should in my limited understanding would act like a freezer on the still hot air charge going through the IC to get it nice and chilly.
Watersprays onto IC's are quite common. You can rig this up fairly easily to activate based on boost pressure just with a simple hobb switch.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #384
Nugget
Major
23

 
Nugget's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth


Posts: 1,463
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Don't think tracks are too keen on you dumping water though.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #385
koastal
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 135 DCT -2011
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast


Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Watersprays onto IC's are quite common. You can rig this up fairly easily to activate based on boost pressure just with a simple hobb switch.
True - have been factory fit on lancer evolutions for years.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #386
Smiley1175
Captain
Australia
20

 
Smiley1175's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne


Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Don't think tracks are too keen on you dumping water though.
It's sprays a mist which evaporates and cools the IC. You're not dumping water anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #387
510135
Captain
Australia
35

 
Drives: 428i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth


Posts: 788
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
It's sprays a mist which evaporates and cools the IC. You're not dumping water anywhere.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #388
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
14

 
saurabh_turingMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sydney


Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
ETS ordered

seriously
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #389
135iMike
First Lieutenant
27

 
Drives: 2012 White 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States


Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

Just read through this whole thread, awesome car Ian and great shots of it! Looks like you guys have a nice crew over there.. keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #390
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Australia
19

 
Justin@ADVAN Performance's Avatar
 
Drives: N54 135i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 667
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
whenever i think of the IC i can't help but wonder that there's gotta be a way of cooling it, either spraying something onto it (yes i know this is frowned upon) or some sort of Thermoelectric cooling. this should in my limited understanding would act like a freezer on the still hot air charge going through the IC to get it nice and chilly.
Hey Pavo,

rather than spraying something onto it, the better way of improving the efficiency of intercooler thereby reducing IAT's, would be to spray Meth' directly into the "hot side" of the intercooler.

You could place a small nozzle on the top and bottom, of the hot side end tank.

I did that on my HPF intercooler and it worked a treat, as Methanol is far better at dissipating heat from the charged air and intercooler core, than water alone.

We ran my 135i on the dyno with the front bar removed and with Meth' spraying into the hot side end tank, the intercooler surface was cooler to the touch after a 4th gear dyno pull, than before the run started.

On that particular day the car made 349.9 rwkW's I kid you not.

I never posted the graph as it seemed to funny to be true, then of course we went to the Creek and Chris managed to weld the "Feramic" clutch two weeks in a row.

FYI,

I was damn glad to not be driving the car when that happened, twice!

But your wise words, with regards my nugget always being off the road are heard loud and clear.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #391
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iMike View Post
Just read through this whole thread, awesome car Ian and great shots of it! Looks like you guys have a nice crew over there.. keep it up!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #392
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
14

 
saurabh_turingMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sydney


Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Ian, I'd like to compare our FMIC before install, so I can get some side by side photos. Hope that's cool.

My FMIC arrives late this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #393
dr.bmw
Chirurgeon
Australia
26

 
dr.bmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 125i AW/CR
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: randwick


Posts: 387
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 125i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Methanol is far better at dissipating heat from the charged air and intercooler core, than water alone.
JD.
it is also much more flammable
__________________
E Pluribus Unum
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #394
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country
126

 
Ian///M's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AU


Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverma View Post
Ian, I'd like to compare our FMIC before install, so I can get some side by side photos. Hope that's cool.

My FMIC arrives late this week.
Sure. Mine arrived today. Fitting Sat am at Advan if you want to meet to take pics?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #395
MrBlonde
Welcome! To the House of Batiatus!
42

 
MrBlonde's Avatar
 
Drives: 368 M Coupe, E82 135i, E70 X5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney


Posts: 2,662
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to MrBlonde
You'll be kicked out of a drag strip if you spray anything that makes it's way to the racing surface.
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #396
pavo335
Banned
55

 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney


Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Sure. Mine arrived today. Fitting Sat am at Advan if you want to meet to take pics?
Dont forget to tap that hot side for meth
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST