BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

View Poll Results: What color to paint?
Dakar Yellow 17 13.93%
Imola Red 10 8.20%
Laguna Seca Blue 34 27.87%
LEave it the F*CK alone 61 50.00%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,977
iTrader: (4)

Need everyones advice PLEASE!!!

Okay so after all my major mods are complete I have decided to paint my car I don't want to do a wrap as I don't find it appealing as paint. I need help choosing a color.
Here is what she looks like currently (For those that don't already know)

Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Aussie_in_London's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M & track built Astra OPC
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (0)

Have someone good at the old photoshop give each of the colours a go on the above pics....
Aussie_in_London is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Artemis
Brigadier General
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,232
iTrader: (0)

If you want to go all the way ///M then choose one of the three colors of the ///M logo.

Check this thread and your poll risks to be game, set and match voor Camp Blue:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444596
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
EIN M
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Well since it all ready kinda looks like an M3 GTS might as well go the orange route, no? I think it would look bad-ass!
EIN M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
LOVEM
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 1m VO
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas

Posts: 915
iTrader: (0)

leave it alone. classy looks 4 ever.
LOVEM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
m3 GTS orange does look insanely good but i voted Dakar Yellow
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Papethova
Brigadier General
 
Papethova's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at Death Valley 127

Posts: 3,036
iTrader: (1)

I vote blue, thats what I would have bought had it been offered.

Maybe you should post the photoshops and then take the vote
Papethova is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,977
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova
I vote blue, thats what I would have bought had it been offered.

Maybe you should post the photoshops and then take the vote
Waiting for someone with some PS skills to chime in.
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
L........S.........B.....! All the way!
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Considering you have the best looking 1///M in the globe IMO, I wouldn't tinker with perfection. With that said, I know what its like to have the bug bite and want to take the already good masterpiece one level up (although at some point you get diminishing and in fact negative marginal returns and end up with something worse than you started with, AC Schnitzer car being a good example ).

To me, any of the blues work, I actually love the wrap on all 3 cars we have seen (the blue, the matt grey, and orange). Considering how good all 3 came out, I would prefer the wrap over the paint, because there will be areas you will not be able to reach and you'll see the white. Assuming you are as anal as me, and the near perfectionist it seems you are, consider if that is something you can live with. If you go with paint, and they remove the windshields (even tho most shops won't), perhaps perfect time for the real CF Revo roof.

PS: I think a lot of people will vote for blue partly because of the psychological factor of lusting after something that was not given to you/you couldn't have. Imagine if we had blue among the three factory options (along with VO an BSM) but not white. I can certainly bet you would have considered a white in the above options. (as an example, the B7 RS4 sold in the US did not come in white, and you had to pay $3K for Exclusive paint option, and all you got was the same non-metallic color as sold on every bland A4, and there were a good amount of people that paid for that!) It's in our nature to want something we can't have
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
firechicken99
Major
 
Drives: Black '07 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,032
iTrader: (0)

LSB FTW. But i have to say, WOW, youre setup gives me inspiration for my 1M!

what rims are those?
firechicken99 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,977
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Considering you have the best looking 1///M in the globe IMO, I wouldn't tinker with perfection. With that said, I know what its like to have the bug bite and want to take the already good masterpiece one level up (although at some point you get diminishing and in fact negative marginal returns and end up with something worse than you started with, AC Schnitzer car being a good example ).

To me, any of the blues work, I actually love the wrap on all 3 cars we have seen (the blue, the matt grey, and orange). Considering how good all 3 came out, I would prefer the wrap over the paint, because there will be areas you will not be able to reach and you'll see the white. Assuming you are as anal as me, and the near perfectionist it seems you are, consider if that is something you can live with. If you go with paint, and they remove the windshields (even tho most shops won't), perhaps perfect time for the real CF Revo roof.

PS: I think a lot of people will vote for blue partly because of the psychological factor of lusting after something that was not given to you/you couldn't have. Imagine if we had blue among the three factory options (along with VO an BSM) but not white. I can certainly bet you would have considered a white in the above options. (as an example, the B7 RS4 sold in the US did not come in white, and you had to pay $3K for Exclusive paint option, and all you got was the same non-metallic color as sold on every bland A4, and there were a good amount of people that paid for that!) It's in our nature to want something we can't have
Im sorry I forgot to mention that I will be doing a CF roof
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,977
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
LSB FTW. But i have to say, WOW, youre setup gives me inspiration for my 1M!

what rims are those?
BBS FIs
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
spyder562
Second Lieutenant
 
spyder562's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Beach

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Laguna Seca Blue of course
spyder562 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,639
iTrader: (1)

Gonna have to vote "other" and say LeMans.


__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
DooBs
Captain
 
DooBs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles / San Diego, California

Posts: 761
iTrader: (1)

Blue is too played out. I say imola red or dakar yellow. That m3 comp at Supercar Sunday looked amazing
__________________
2011 BMW E82 ///M

DooBs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
1'M Blue
Captain
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

Posts: 643
iTrader: (0)

Dakar yellow is nice but I feel its too pale and wouldnt go as nice with the blacked out CF bits on your car ..

Porsche Speed Yellow is more like it !

EDIT : or even better, Atakama Yellow !
1'M Blue is offline   Oman
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
 
HALOTHANE's Avatar
 
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anywhere fast

Posts: 393
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yellow
HALOTHANE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,977
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs
Blue is too played out. I say imola red or dakar yellow. That m3 comp at Supercar Sunday looked amazing
Yes it did.
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #20
superchargedman
Captain
 
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 880
iTrader: (1)

If you are doing the cf roof, I'd stick with aw. It complements the cf roof the best in my opinion. I thought of going that route too with the raze overlay, but I decided to go exhaust instead.
superchargedman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
Denso
Captain
 
Denso's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gods Country Scotland

Posts: 820
iTrader: (0)

Agree with CF roof, it should have came that way from the factory ! But as for a change of colour no way, your car is awesome just put the cherry on the cake with the CF roof.
Denso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #22
borabora
Private First Class
 
borabora's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 M
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: us

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

RED
borabora is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST