BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #133
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

I've had the 1 for just under a week now and have already collected a few compliments -

A window roll down and shout out from a 335i driver: Nice car!

As well as a chorus of "WOW"s from several female coworkers.

The only negative feedback I've received so far was in response to the transmission (DCT). I think it is a blast to drive, and now my wife can get behind the wheel if necessary, but the "car guys" at work (M5, Evo and Volt) are not going to let me forget that I drive an automatic to work everyday... Of course, I will never let the Volt driver live down the fact that he went from a MkVI GTI to a Chevy Volt.
JMetfordN55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #134
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
... Of course, I will never let the Volt driver live down the fact that he went from a MkVI GTI to a Chevy Volt.
it's a vicious cycle
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #135
deploytosave
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: La porte Tx

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

middle eastern guy at the gas station i always go to..

"oh wow, nice super car buddy buddy!"

and no, im not making a racial slur, he always calls me buddy buddy haha... guy is awesome
deploytosave is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #136
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
 
Section147's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i ***Convertible***
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The North Coast

Posts: 604
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Of course, I will never let the Volt driver live down the fact that he went from a MkVI GTI to a Chevy Volt.
Good God...did the poor guy lose a bet or his mind???
__________________

Vermillion Red • Boston Black • Walnut Trim • DCT • M Sport Pkg. • Premium Pkg.• PPK1 • PE
18" 313s • Michelin PPS • LUX 5k • Blackline LCI Tails • CF Diffuser & Mirrors • XPEL Ultimate


"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - W. Shakespeare
Section147 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #137
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Good God...did the poor guy lose a bet or his mind???
He surely lost something, but he continues to insist it was all about having the latest technology...
JMetfordN55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #138
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
He surely lost something, but he continues to insist it was all about having the latest technology...
If I owned a house, I would consider a Volt, but there's no way in the world I could have it as my only car..... I would probably kill myself, I need something with some GO to it. Would be a great grocery getter.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #139
entendu
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 128i vert, 2005 X3 3.0i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Last night -- parking lot of a restaurant in an upscale town. me: top down, 2 passengers. Guy walking with his family: "Nice wheels, man!"
entendu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #140
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
 
Section147's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i ***Convertible***
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The North Coast

Posts: 604
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
"Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your 1er"
__________________

Vermillion Red • Boston Black • Walnut Trim • DCT • M Sport Pkg. • Premium Pkg.• PPK1 • PE
18" 313s • Michelin PPS • LUX 5k • Blackline LCI Tails • CF Diffuser & Mirrors • XPEL Ultimate


"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - W. Shakespeare
Section147 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #141
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: City of Rapture

Posts: 975
iTrader: (5)

Let's stay on topic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by entendu View Post
Last night -- parking lot of a restaurant in an upscale town. me: top down, 2 passengers. Guy walking with his family: "Nice wheels, man!"
WhiteTgr135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #142
panoz7
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Earlier this week I was sitting at a light downtown. An orange Element turned left into the lane next to me, stopped, rolled down his window, and said "how'd your car end up so much cooler than a 3 series?" Made my day.
panoz7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #143
entendu
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 128i vert, 2005 X3 3.0i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Let's stay on topic .
You gonna go thru the whole thread with this?
entendu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #144
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
 
Section147's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i ***Convertible***
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The North Coast

Posts: 604
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by entendu View Post
You gonna go thru the whole thread with this?
You gonna 'splain how "Nice wheels, man!" qualifies as either a FUNNIEST phrase or question?
__________________

Vermillion Red • Boston Black • Walnut Trim • DCT • M Sport Pkg. • Premium Pkg.• PPK1 • PE
18" 313s • Michelin PPS • LUX 5k • Blackline LCI Tails • CF Diffuser & Mirrors • XPEL Ultimate


"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - W. Shakespeare
Section147 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #145
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

This JUST happened like 5 minutes ago, so the first thing I did was email my girlfriend to tell her about it and then I remembered this thread...

A coworker just walked up to my desk and said "Hey, just wanted to let you know whole-heartedly, that your car makes me weak in the knees..." then he makes that "passed out" gesture, falls backwards with his hand on his forehead and gasps...

I could not believe what just happened but it was by far the funniest thing anyone has ever said to me about my car.
daixloxbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #146
Venom
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Drives: Teg DC2 + E82 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Bay, CA

Posts: 1,987
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Send a message via AIM to Venom
We have a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
This JUST happened like 5 minutes ago, so the first thing I did was email my girlfriend to tell her about it and then I remembered this thread...

A coworker just walked up to my desk and said "Hey, just wanted to let you know whole-heartedly, that your car makes me weak in the knees..." then he makes that "passed out" gesture, falls backwards with his hand on his forehead and gasps...

I could not believe what just happened but it was by far the funniest thing anyone has ever said to me about my car.
__________________
Venom Build Log
Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, RR DPs, GTHaus Meistershaft Exhaust, RKP GTS Wing, Wagner FMIC, VMR V701s in Scarlet Red, Custom shift knob, Full 1M Body Conversion, and more.

Prius is Latin for impotence.
Venom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #147
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: City of Rapture

Posts: 975
iTrader: (5)

Last night, went to go see the premier of "The Avengers", which i might add was astonishing!!!! Anyway, as i started my car to warm her up, i noticed a group of kids walking by looking at my car. I heard one of them say this...

Kid : Why would someone put an aftermarket exhaust on a BMW?

Kid #2 : No idea....

I guess BMW's aren't meant to be modified in there eyes .
WhiteTgr135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #148
Harlequin
Brigadier General
 
Harlequin's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M Coupé (VO)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia BMW Club QLD Member

Posts: 3,200
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho
Last night, went to go see the premier of "The Avengers", which i might add was astonishing!!!! Anyway, as i started my car to warm her up, i noticed a group of kids walking by looking at my car. I heard one of them say this...

Kid : Why would someone put an aftermarket exhaust on a BMW?

Kid #2 : No idea....

I guess BMW's aren't meant to be modified in there eyes .
My latest isn't exactly funny but it's relevant to the above. Took my car to the dealer last week and when the service guy started the car his reaction was a big cheesy grin and "NICE"...
__________________
Harlequin is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #149
Motohip
Second Lieutenant
 
Motohip's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oxnard, CA

Posts: 215
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Last night, went to go see the premier of "The Avengers", which i might add was astonishing!!!! Anyway, as i started my car to warm her up, i noticed a group of kids walking by looking at my car. I heard one of them say this...

Kid : Why would someone put an aftermarket exhaust on a BMW?

Kid #2 : No idea....

I guess BMW's aren't meant to be modified in there eyes .
Do these kids never go outside?
Motohip is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #150
leftyone
Private First Class
 
leftyone's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 135 convertible
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cliffside Park NJ

Posts: 106
iTrader: (0)

I was sitting at a somewhat seedy corner in the bronx waiting for my father who was picking up some flowers, and a guy came up to me and said, " you can't park here, your car is too sexy".
leftyone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #151
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Earlier this morning, I pulled up at a red light and the guy in the next lane over says to me, "Nice car, I was thinking about picking one up myself"... he was driving an "Audi Roadside Assist" Q7 from a local Audi dealership.
daixloxbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #152
golf_234
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 C230
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

is it just me or do you feel like you are driving a ferrari when you are in the 1 series? maybe its just the white with black wheels but the car gets more looks than any other standard production car i have ever seen. prob even more than the m3
__________________
golf_234 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #153
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
is it just me or do you feel like you are driving a ferrari when you are in the 1 series? maybe its just the white with black wheels but the car gets more looks than any other standard production car i have ever seen. prob even more than the m3
Well the fact that it is modded probably adds to the uniqueness but 1'ers in general are very rare, even more so than M3s. Most non-enthusiast folk have never even heard of or knows that the 1 exists. Even though 1'ers are more common than Ferraris on the road, most people have at least seen Ferraris in pictures or can easily identify one if they saw it on the road. 1'ers on the other hand can really confuse the shit out of someone if they don't know what it is since it looks like a shrunken 3'er with unusual proportions.
daixloxbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #154
golf_234
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 C230
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Salt Lake City

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Well the fact that it is modded probably adds to the uniqueness but 1'ers in general are very rare, even more so than M3s. Most non-enthusiast folk have never even heard of or knows that the 1 exists. Even though 1'ers are more common than Ferraris on the road, most people have at least seen Ferraris in pictures or can easily identify one if they saw it on the road. 1'ers on the other hand can really confuse the shit out of someone if they don't know what it is since it looks like a shrunken 3'er with unusual proportions.
So true. I love that aspect of it. The styling of the 1 series is incredible. Definitely one of bmw's best cars over the years. When my stock suspension goes i am getting coilovers or an H&R setup on it and that will be the end all i think.
__________________
golf_234 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST