BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
instalher
Private First Class

Drives: 08 128i convert

spektrum leds

I just purchased a set of weisslght bmw led tail lights for my 08- 128i. According to there web site they are plug and play with no errors as they are built for this car. I received them yesterday and installed them but when I went to turn on my car, a light error code shows up in the gauge cluster along with hyper flash, pretty much everything I didn't want! So I called the company and they said to install an electronic flasher in the car and that will stop hyper flash and then install resisters to stop the error message in the dash. OK I guess if that's what I have to due than I will but at $110 bucks for those lights I am very dissapointed in that company.
instalher is offline   No_Country
      04-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
LeoBear
6MT Fanatic

Drives: 09 135i

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoBear
Bought some of the "no error" bulbs from them for my E83. Same thing. They said to install resistors to fix it. Which defeats the biggest selling point of their bulbs. SuperLame. TEST before you sell, guys.
      04-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
Chrisar82
Dutch Oven Baker II

Drives: 2009 BMW 128i

Wow, that is unfortunate. Thanks for sharing though, won't be using these!