BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #683
TheBurro
Private First Class
 
TheBurro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 193
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Hey, so I got a call from Fedex saying that I need to complete a form in order for the shipment to come in. It's the DOT "Importation of Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle Equipment Subject to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards" form. Anybody else have to do this?

I don't have the tracking info yet, so I have no idea what the lights' "Port of Entry" or anything like that is... and the company just started their three week vacation today. Awesome.
Yeah go back 3 or 4 pages. The form is pretty self explanatory. If you look through all the choices of what category the tail lights fall under there's an obvious answer. It has nothing to do with Schmeidmann it's an import thing for the US DOT.
TheBurro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #684
ilikebmxbikes
Colonel
 
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,336
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Hey, so I got a call from Fedex saying that I need to complete a form in order for the shipment to come in. It's the DOT "Importation of Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle Equipment Subject to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper and Theft Prevention Standards" form. Anybody else have to do this?

I don't have the tracking info yet, so I have no idea what the lights' "Port of Entry" or anything like that is... and the company just started their three week vacation today. Awesome.
I got the same call today. i filled out the paperwork and sent it right back. they said my tail lights will be arriving shortly.
__________________
MY Build Log
08 AW 135i | Cobb | ETS FMIC | ER CP w/ Tial Bov | AR Catted Downpipes | Berk Mids | Meisterschaft GT SUS 1M |M3 Control Arms | M3 Sways | M3 Rear Subframe Bushings | Wavetrac LSD | AST 4200 DA Coilovers | HRE R43 | Hankook R-S3 |Full BMW Performance Interior | Revozport 1M Raze Aero Package in Satin Carbon |1M Body Conversion|
ilikebmxbikes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #685
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurro View Post
Yeah go back 3 or 4 pages. The form is pretty self explanatory. If you look through all the choices of what category the tail lights fall under there's an obvious answer. It has nothing to do with Schmeidmann it's an import thing for the US DOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I got the same call today. i filled out the paperwork and sent it right back. they said my tail lights will be arriving shortly.
Ahh, I see!

I ended up filling out the form best I could before you guys answered. I checked 2a because it made the most sense. I left a couple things blank (like the NHTSA number) but the fedex lady didn't really say anything about it when I sent it. Had to kind of guess the port of entry and look up the port's customs number based on the tracking, but it wasn't too bad.

Looks like I'll be fine, I was just worried this would be some kind of heavily scrutinized thing to import these, or something was up because I didn't see that anyone else had to do this (til I checked now... d'oh!) but it doesn't seem to be any problem..

Thank you for the help!
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #686
Boosted1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i n54
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mex

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Guys, I just found out today while at my BMW Zentrum that there is a third choice.

Stock the LCI's are clear. And the Blacklines are dark black. But there is something called "sport" which is a light smoked color LCI tail. That is what I ordered for my 135i. I throw up some pics next week when I have the lights on my car.


PS: IF you look up on RealOEM for a German model 135i LCI you will see the Sport tails lists with Xenons and AHL options.


Dack
U serious?I was hesitant to go with the blacklines becuse I wasnt sure if they would look way too dark... If there's such a this as a middle option, tht would be awesome.

Waiting on your pics!
Boosted1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #687
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Guys, I just found out today while at my BMW Zentrum that there is a third choice.

[Referred to as Sport LCI]

This has been verified to be cheaper if you are in Germany and has part numbers:
63217327273
63217327274

This is the same parts as in S*man Blackline kit( $299 USD on their site) that I received. The above are $164 USD EACH on their site and are listed out of stock


Alternative part numbers for Blackline are, THESE ARE HALOGEN WITHOUT LED, DO NOT BUY:
63217327275
63217327276



ROLL CALL!!!!!!

Post Your part numbers if you received Blackilne LCI:

Username, Part # , Source
Andrey_gta, **273 & **274, S*man
Dackelone, **273 & **274, European Dealership SPORT LCI, potentially cheapest option if you are local to Europe
DSCPLN, **273 & **274, BMWOnlineParts.co.uk( vendor with poor service record for Blackline LCI)
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 07-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #688
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,121
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
This has been verified to be cheaper if you are in Germany and has part numbers:
63217327273
63217327274

This is the same parts as in S*man Blackline kit( $299 USD on their site) that I received. The above are $164 USD EACH on their site and are listed out of stock


Possible Alternative part numbers for Blackline are:
63217327275
63217327276




ROLL CALL!!!!!!
If you have 63217327275 & 63217327276, please post images!!!!!


Post Your part numbers if you received Blackilne LCI:

Username, Part # , Source
Andrey_gta, **273 & **274, S*man
Dackelone, **273 & **274, European Dealership SPORT LCI
DSCPLN, **273 & **274, BMWOnlineParts.co.uk( venor with poor service record for Blackline LCI)

Noop! The #275 & #276 was what I first ordered. They are the WRONG lights! They are sports and are tinted... but they are for HALOGEN headlights and DO NOT have the LEDS bars inside the tail light housing. They were cheaper though at 104 euros each w/o tax.

You want #273 & #274 tail lights - that is what I finally went with.


SO the question is... are the #273 & #274 tail lights the same lights that come in the LCI Blackline kit? Maybe someone with Blacklines on their car and look at the part numbers stamped on the inner edge of the housings(like in my pic - post # 258). http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...512006&page=12


Dackel
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #689
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Noop! The #275 & #276 They are the WRONG lights! They are sports and are tinted... but they are for HALOGEN headlights and DO NOT have the LEDS bars inside


SO the question is... are the #273 & #274 tail lights the same lights that come in the LCI Blackline kit? Maybe someone with Blacklines on their car and look at the part numbers stamped on the inner edge of the housings(like in my pic above!).


Dackel
Thank you for the Update on 275 and 276

I have the *282 Blackline-Kit from S*man and they are 273 274!!!!
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #690
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,121
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Thank you for the Update on 275 and 276

I have the *282 Blackline-Kit from S*man and they are 273 274!!!!
SHIT! Really! Ok, well... glad to know now. I could have saved a few euros! lol Ohh well. Buying the lights individually was only 30 euros extra. But at the time I thought they were lighter in their tint.


SO... BMW only makes two LCI designs then. Clear and Dark (Blacklines). Thanks for the info.


Dack


PS: here is that other LCI thread...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=12302748
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #691
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
SHIT! Really! Ok, well... glad to know now. I could have saved a few euros! lol Ohh well. Buying the lights individually was only 30 euros extra. But at the time I thought they were lighter in their tint.


SO... BMW only makes two LCI designs then. Clear and Dark (Blacklines). Thanks for the info.


Dack
To be honest, the hassle I went through to get my BlacklineLCI( Crappy-parts.co.uk & visa claims) is worth the 60 Euro extra in order to make sure you get the lights in a timely manner
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #692
.b0link
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rota, Spain

Posts: 170
iTrader: (1)

You think BMW dealers in Spain would be able to procure these? Was about to order from Schmeidenberry or whatever, but am thinking it would be far easier to walk into a dealer and pick them up, rather than have them sent to my parents house in USA deal with customs, and then have them ship it to my address here (Im military stationed overseas...)
.b0link is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #693
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
You think BMW dealers in Spain would be able to procure these? Was about to order from Schmeidenberry or whatever, but am thinking it would be far easier to walk into a dealer and pick them up, rather than have them sent to my parents house in USA deal with customs, and then have them ship it to my address here (Im military stationed overseas...)
Call ahead with part numbers, and call a few places. I think there might be a back order, especially if there is demand in the Euro tuner crouwd.
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #694
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,121
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
You think BMW dealers in Spain would be able to procure these? Was about to order from Schmeidenberry or whatever, but am thinking it would be far easier to walk into a dealer and pick them up, rather than have them sent to my parents house in USA deal with customs, and then have them ship it to my address here (Im military stationed overseas...)
Should not be a problem. Just have the 282 part number handy and place your order.

LCI Blackline kit (two smoked tail lights) #63212225282 price was ~240 euros w/o tax (+19% here in DE).
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #695
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,532
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
So Dackel got the blacklines everyone else is getting?

good because I saw your pictures and I couldn't tell the difference. I thought i was going crazy
__________________
2009 128i Coupe Crimson Red MODS: -Injen Intake-Magnaflow Exhaust-Carbon Fiber Spoiler - Carbon Fiber Grilles - OZ Ultraleggeras - CF Mirrors
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #696
Pol
Nobody is perfect !
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

Posts: 402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Should not be a problem. Just have the 282 part number handy and place your order.

LCI Blackline kit (two smoked tail lights) #63212225282 price was ~240 euros w/o tax (+19% here in DE).
Hey Dack,
Thanks first of all for the intensive research.
Should these be the good ones ?
http://www.leebmann24.de/heckleuchte...-e88-high.html

For a good understanding, before ordering, maybe ask the man if it concerns #273 - #274.
Pol is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #697
Curare86
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: perth

Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Hey Dack,
Thanks first of all for the intensive research.
Should these be the good ones ?
http://www.leebmann24.de/heckleuchte...-e88-high.html
yup thats the right one!
Curare86 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #698
.b0link
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rota, Spain

Posts: 170
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Should not be a problem. Just have the 282 part number handy and place your order.

LCI Blackline kit (two smoked tail lights) #63212225282 price was ~240 euros w/o tax (+19% here in DE).
Bit the bullet. Just got a email back from my middle man...he said about 300 euros with VAT included.

This shit is getting expensive....I havent even taken delivery of the damn thing and I have already bought like 2k worth of mods...and Im already looking at rims...
.b0link is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #699
Pol
Nobody is perfect !
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

Posts: 402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
yup thats the right one!
Thanks!
Pol is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #700
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,121
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Hey Dack,
Thanks first of all for the intensive research.
Should these be the good ones ?
http://www.leebmann24.de/heckleuchte...-e88-high.html

For a good understanding, before ordering, maybe ask the man if it concerns #273 - #274.
yes, those are the correct Blacklines.
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #701
TT1351
Second Lieutenant
 
TT1351's Avatar
 
Drives: 135I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Got mine yesterday, here they are, figure I'd shoot them with lights off since everyone else for the most part shows theirs with the light on. Fran
Attached Images
 
TT1351 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #702
addict135i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

im looking to buy these lights, anyone have a good wesbtie?
addict135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #703
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,121
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict135i View Post
im looking to buy these lights, anyone have a good wesbtie?

LCI Blacklines... BMW part number: 63212225282 (two tail lights in kit!)


Most of the guys here have used schmiedmann.de - but they are on vacation for the next few weeks (I believe?).

http://www.leebmann24.de/heckleuchte...-e88-high.html

http://www.schmiedmann.de/63-21-2-22...uctnumber.aspx

http://www.bmw-kirsch.de/onlineshop/index.php

http://www.online-teile.com/bmwmc/pr...kleuchten.html
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #704
addict135i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 575
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
LCI Blacklines... BMW part number: 63212225282 (two tail lights in kit!)


Most of the guys here have used schmiedmann.de - but they are on vacation for the next few weeks (I believe?).

http://www.leebmann24.de/heckleuchte...-e88-high.html

http://www.schmiedmann.de/63-21-2-22...uctnumber.aspx

http://www.bmw-kirsch.de/onlineshop/index.php

http://www.online-teile.com/bmwmc/pr...kleuchten.html

thanks alot! yeah there are, which one is the cheapest place?
addict135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
another one bites the dust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST