BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,406
iTrader: (0)

Should i Wrap my roof

as the title said, should i wrap my roof black..
and will this mean only wrapping the center area, or including the roof rack attachment side too

DO YOU GUYS THINK THE STANCE ARE GOOD ALREADY?

so here are some sneak peak of the car.
Attached Images
    

Last edited by Jay-K; 09-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Billup
Oh You Touch My Tralala
 
Billup's Avatar
 
Drives: Your mum crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC / MI

Posts: 650
iTrader: (0)

Do you plan on doing it yourself? I say do it. Black roof on white looks great and should you ever want to remove it, you just peel it off.
__________________
2012 Black Motorbike
2008 Red Car
Billup is offline   Azerbaijan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Marc08EX
Second Lieutenant
 
Marc08EX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 135i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ

Posts: 283
iTrader: (0)

I like the look of the black roof on AW 3/5 series. For some reason, I don't like how it looks on the 1. I'm getting an AW 1er in about 3 weeks and I made a decision not to do this.
Marc08EX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
yemski
Lieutenant
 
yemski's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 485
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
take a look at Aussie in London's car. I think gloss black on AW 1er looks great, but I would have the roof rails painted and the roof wrapped. IMO it looks weird when the roof rails are not wrapped or painted black.
yemski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
fastauto
Captain
 
fastauto's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 621
iTrader: (0)

Not my taste
fastauto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,406
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Do you plan on doing it yourself? I say do it. Black roof on white looks great and should you ever want to remove it, you just peel it off.
nope, i will get professional wrapping,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
I like the look of the black roof on AW 3/5 series. For some reason, I don't like how it looks on the 1. I'm getting an AW 1er in about 3 weeks and I made a decision not to do this.
yeah, dont know somehow today looking at it in the garage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemski View Post
take a look at Aussie in London's car. I think gloss black on AW 1er looks great, but I would have the roof rails painted and the roof wrapped. IMO it looks weird when the roof rails are not wrapped or painted black.
alright thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
Not my taste
yeah, originally wanting a CF roof, but too much job.. too much mess.
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Billup
Oh You Touch My Tralala
 
Billup's Avatar
 
Drives: Your mum crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC / MI

Posts: 650
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
yeah, originally wanting a CF roof, but too much job.. too much mess.
3M makes an excellent quality gloss CF vinyl on their DI-NOC line. More expensive than regular vinyl, but looks far better, plus heat won't distort the appearance of the weave (won't get waves), as an alternative.
__________________
2012 Black Motorbike
2008 Red Car
Billup is offline   Azerbaijan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,406
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
3M makes an excellent quality gloss CF vinyl on their DI-NOC line. More expensive than regular vinyl, but looks far better, plus heat won't distort the appearance of the weave (won't get waves), as an alternative.
thanks for the info,
if i did decide to go with wrap i'll go do gloos black
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
DooBs
Captain
 
DooBs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles / San Diego, California

Posts: 761
iTrader: (1)

I didn't wrap the roof like you're saying and instead I just left the top the natural Black paint.

I like the contrast of the black roof. Think you should go ahead and do it gloss.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2011 BMW E82 ///M

DooBs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
1'M Blue
Captain
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

Posts: 622
iTrader: (0)

Gloss black is good or CF wrap also.
1'M Blue is offline   Oman
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,406
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooBs View Post
I didn't wrap the roof like you're saying and instead I just left the top the natural Black paint.

I like the contrast of the black roof. Think you should go ahead and do it gloss.
nice, problem is that i dont really like the concept of wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Gloss black is good or CF wrap also.
yess
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #12
Shooto82
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 1m
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bahrain

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
as the title said, should i wrap my roof black..
and will this mean only wrapping the center area, or including the roof rack attachment side too


so here are some sneak peak of the car.
looks good
Attached Images
 
Shooto82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,406
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooto82 View Post
looks good
looks very good here IMO
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST