M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Milltek Primary catback soundclip

...but a small one
I'mm try to make better ones later on :

"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Thanks for the video though it is very hard to tell much of anything from it. You are the only person I have seen with this exhaust, would love to hear more!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Is that just the axle back or mids too? How's the fitment?
midsection with secondary catdelete + axle back but their is still a big resonator. Fitment was plug & play for an expert.
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
So it fits nice and level at the rear? Photos would be great
Here you have already a few ones :
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685171

Complete fitment was done in less dan 1 hour and a half.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Sounds really good! I've always been a fan of Milltek exhausts and would really like to hear more from it.
      05-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Filmed with Iphone :

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Bright angel eyes

Nice car fella.

Sweet sounding exhaust.

What bulbs do you have in daytime running lights as you angel eye halos look bright.

Cheers

Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #8
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Dew View Post
Nice car fella.

Sweet sounding exhaust.

What bulbs do you have in daytime running lights as you angel eye halos look bright.

Cheers

Dave
Thx, my dealer installed the LED angel eyes. I don't know witch brand they are.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Nice ! I love those Milltek exhausts ...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Not the best quality but anyhow... These vids are with the non resonated section :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgLV5H1x0iM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwErADea-xc
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F31

They sound so much better with the non-resonated centre pipe (supplied by us ;-) and it now sounds just like mine!

We now carry all the Milltek options in stock including replacement non-resonated centre pipes for anyone who already has the Milltek resonated system fitted and wants more sound!

Chris
      04-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #12
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris ABP View Post
They sound so much better with the non-resonated centre pipe (supplied by us ;-) and it now sounds just like mine!

We now carry all the Milltek options in stock including replacement non-resonated centre pipes for anyone who already has the Milltek resonated system fitted and wants more sound!

Chris
+100, removing the resonator is the best mod you can do, IRL the sounds is really beautifull, bassy and agressive. It's a real headturner, believe me. I consider adding a catless downpipe (performance wise) but i'm afraid it will be too loud.
Thx for the service Chris!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #13
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Chris, do you not get more or increased drone without the resonator in the centre section?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA View Post
Chris, do you not get more or increased drone without the resonator in the centre section?
There is a little bit more drone but nothing ennoying.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Suprisingly not. The only real difference (other than the far better sound) is if you give the car full throttle from relatively low rpm you get a resonance noise from the system which resembles an M3 CSL under the same condition.

There is no droning whatsoever and the common droning noise associated with the stock system at motorway cruising speeds is eliminated completely.

Anyone who wants to hear the system on my car or look at one in the flesh (we stock them at all times) is more than welcome to call in to see me?

Chris
      04-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #16
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Interesting. I would have thought you would. Will this centre section fit in between the OEM DP's and back box?

You need to get some decent sound slips loaded up I ran an M3 CSL for 3 years, so would be interested in the sound produced if you are comparing similar traits.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I would have thought you would. Will this centre section fit in between the OEM DP's and back box?

You need to get some decent sound slips loaded up I ran an M3 CSL for 3 years, so would be interested in the sound produced if you are comparing similar traits.
What's the cost of the centre section?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

See post #85 here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=85

Unfortunately the Milltek sections are not interchangeable with the OE BMW items.

Milltek do offer various options of systems:
1) Full primary cat back resonated (with centre silencer) system
2) Full primary cat back non-resonated (no centre silencer) system
3) Full secondary cat back resonated system
4) Full secondary cat back non-resonated system

The disadvantage of the secondary cat-back systems are that you have to cut the original mid-pipes before the centre silencer in order to fit the Milltek which won't allow you to refit the OE system. The primary cat back systems therefore are far more popular as they remove the small secondary cats and are a direct fit allowing the BMW system to be refitted if required.

Chris