BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #23
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
I was just going to say that and as I worked my way down; then I noticed you beat me to it! My thought's exactly.

They actually looks really good...only reason I say it like that is because [at first glance] they seem more of a "classy" wheel style as opposed to a "sport" style (if that make sense). That's just my opinion, I realize. BUT, after seeing them on your picture (assuming photoshopped) they look really good! Nice choice.
Yes quick dirty photo chop I did yesterday while at work. The wheels should be here in about 10days!
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
M///1rider
Banned
 
M///1rider's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 584
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
I was just going to say that and as I worked my way down; then I noticed you beat me to it! My thought's exactly.

They actually looks really good...only reason I say it like that is because [at first glance] they seem more of a "classy" wheel style as opposed to a "sport" style (if that make sense). That's just my opinion, I realize. BUT, after seeing them on your picture (assuming photoshopped) they look really good! Nice choice.
Yes quick dirty photo chop I did yesterday while at work. The wheels should be here in about 10days!
My opinion is that smaller cars cant rock a 5 spoke like a big car.

I think 5 spokes look amazing on 4 door sedans and up but on a small car i like more spokes.

My 135i had stock 5 spokes and it looked ehh i just like the more spokes better on such a small car
M///1rider is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
i always wondered about AG wheels's quality .....
let us if you pick those up mr metak!
Well they are JWL and VIA certified so they can't be that bad. Besides it's not like they are a huge investment or anything...
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,978
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCena
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
i always wondered about AG wheels's quality since they have the 359M reps.
let us if you pick those up mr metak!

just saw their Nitto RT05 sponsored poster that they are giving out for Bimmerfest this weekend too

idk what there selling here buy ill buy her
I'm in on the group buy for her ;-)
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
Artemis
Brigadier General
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,233
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I'm in on the group buy for her ;-)
///M Angels only, I reckon: you need a wing to have a swing.

Name:  AB_RB.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  118.3 KB
__________________
For tis the mind that makes the body rich (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is online now   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Artemis
Brigadier General
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,233
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
I always wondered about AG wheels' quality since they have the 359M reps.
Sometimes a hiccup with 19" (on rugged roads), it seems: "Are some BMW wheels all they're cracked up to be ?" (BBC - 2009):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...oy_wheels.html
__________________
For tis the mind that makes the body rich (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is online now   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #29
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Sometimes a hiccup with 19" (on rugged roads), it seems: "Are some BMW wheels all they're cracked up to be ?" (BBC - 2009):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...oy_wheels.html
Good read! I think this is a key factor in these rim failure:

"The problem centres on a particular combination of wheel and tyre. The cracking seems to only affect BMW 19-inch rear alloys, coupled with runflat tyres."

Tires are a big part of energy-absorbtion. Run flats are not only performance killers they seem to be wheel killers too!
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
 
ozinaldo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chile, Santiago

Posts: 3,045
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Good read! I think this is a key factor in these rim failure:

"The problem centres on a particular combination of wheel and tyre. The cracking seems to only affect BMW 19-inch rear alloys, coupled with runflat tyres."

Tires are a big part of energy-absorbtion. Run flats are not only performance killers they seem to be wheel killers too!
They are also spine killers!, I can still feel how hard the ride was in my ex- 2006 E90 330i Msport with rft tires. It was a manual and in city driving the first two gears were making the sensation even worse.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
///M-Rat
Enlisted Member
 
///M-Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M / AW 335iS / SBM 330 ZHP
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mid America

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Have to agree about run flats being wheel killers. Cracked 3 wheels on a Corvette with run flats. Of course the wee bit of concrete I hit was a 80 mph, but that's just a detail.
///M-Rat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #32
borabora
Private First Class
 
borabora's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 M
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: us

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

look sick !

remind me those on the E63 M6 .
borabora is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #33
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant
 
OrangeCrush's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

I think they look great! Do you know what the weights are? I am thinking either these or the Avant Garde ZCP reps in black. According to pyspeed website you can get them in 9 x 19 et 25 and 10 x 19 et 18 which 6mm more aggressive in front and 7mm more aggressive in back. Perfect IMO. Post pics soon!
OrangeCrush is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #34
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Any wheels that have spokes that look like pu$$y lips - I'll rock! Good choice!
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Any wheels that have spokes that look like pu$$y lips - I'll rock! Good choice!
That's hilarious! I think I like them more now.
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #36
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Question

So I am having the powder matched for the Ferrari gray to go on my wheels.

DILEMMA: Do I powder coat the OEM wheels or the Type M355 F10 M5 Style Wheels? Can't decide which ones will look better in the gray?







__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Location Location

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Wow I really like the grey accents! Enough to accent but not as bling as louder colors. Looking forward to seeing full car shots,...
Mahlzeit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #38
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
So I am having the powder matched for the Ferrari gray to go on my wheels.

DILEMMA: Do I powder coat the OEM wheels or the Type M355 F10 M5 Style Wheels? Can't decide which ones will look better in the gray?
I'd opt for the latter if I were you, just so you know you always have the stock look when you need it/want it (in case you wanna win a Concours D'Elegance for stock cars)
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #39
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I'd opt for the latter if I were you, just so you know you always have the stock look when you need it/want it (in case you wanna win a Concours D'Elegance for stock cars)
Yeah, but I think the OEM ZCP wheels would look hot in this gray color! The wheels can be replaced with new ones if you really wanted to go back to stock.

The Type M355 F10 M5 Style Wheels are scheduled to arrive next Wed( got delayed by a week or so), then wheels go into the shop. Will update with pics...

Still don't know which ones tho....
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #40
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant
 
OrangeCrush's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M #513/740
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

If you have a chance, will you weigh these before they go on? Also, can someone PS these in gloss black on a VO 1M?
OrangeCrush is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #41
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
If you have a chance, will you weigh these before they go on? Also, can someone PS these in gloss black on a VO 1M?
The wheels just got dropped of via FedEx today. I weighed them several times using a digital Tanita human scale and got 25.2 lbs for the fronts and 28.1 lbs for the rears. Not sure if the weights are 100% accurate but should be pretty damn close.

Now off to get them powder coated to match the rest of the gray accents on the car....stay tuned!
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
Stratus650
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1er M Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai

Posts: 406
iTrader: (0)

__________________

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Stratus650 is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #43
m3dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: CSL M3 / 1M AW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 1,665
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
The wheels just got dropped of via FedEx today. I weighed them several times using a digital Tanita human scale and got 25.2 lbs for the fronts and 28.1 lbs for the rears. Not sure if the weights are 100% accurate but should be pretty damn close.

Now off to get them powder coated to match the rest of the gray accents on the car....stay tuned!
eventually you will wrap the car in that color HAHA. Just do it, you know you want to....
m3dragon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #44
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
eventually you will wrap the car in that color HAHA. Just do it, you know you want to....
If I could get that same exact color I would definitely consider it!

BTW, on the weight subject, here is the comparison to OEM and BBS CH-R's. I know there is several lighter wheels options (ADVAN's my personal favorite) but the price goes up as the weight goes down.

FRONT: 25.2 lbs and REAR: 28.1 lbs








__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST