BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
X6Newbie88
Brigadier General
X6Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
56
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: X6 Active Hybrid
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

3series with 1M bumpers? so why so hard for 1series?

Sooo.. here is my question.. over at the E90 boards there are a whole bunch of E90/E92/M3s and even F30s with 1M bumpers yet it seems Kerscher is the only one with one avaliable for the 1series guys.

-First off where are these guys getting these bumpers from? (all from LTBMW which gives no love to our 1ers other then Jzhang since he is local to them and probably does all their photos lol..)
-Are the OEM 1M bumpers or are they afterkmarket?
-If aftermarket who makes it.. can't be kerchser which I may add isn't that cheap..
-1M owners and other 1series owners hate on people who want the 1M bumper yet all the 3 series guys are giving thumbsup with their conversions.. why so many haters over here??

Anyone got any additional information? Just curious.... not looking to get the bumper right now until there is a cheaper option but just wondering...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
109
Rep
2,601
Posts

Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
It's probably just oem since the 1M was made from a M3 parts bin I'm sure the fender sizes are the same so it's bolt on. On the other hand the 1 series needs major modifications to get an oem 1 m bumper to fit. Of course, I am just guessing and have no idea
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General
79
Rep
3,821
Posts

Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Check my new thread =).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
11
Rep
555
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
It's probably just oem since the 1M was made from a M3 parts bin I'm sure the fender sizes are the same so it's bolt on. On the other hand the 1 series needs major modifications to get an oem 1 m bumper to fit. Of course, I am just guessing and have no idea
No, thats not correct.

The 1M bumpers you see on the e9x's are, for the most part, from LTBMW. The first ones they made were a combination of OEM 1M bumper and the e9x bumper molded together. I can't speak to the fact that they're mass producing them yet, or if they have any plans to. I also haven't seen any other sites beginning production of the bumpers, but it may happen soon.

As for 1addicts hating on 1M bumpers on 135/128's, that's just stupid. I've spent over 6 years on the Bimmerforums board and almost every single non-M E36 has an M3 bumper.

When I purchase my 135i in the next few weeks, the first thing I plan on doing is throwing a 1M bumper on and nobody is going to say anything because it will look awesome. Any BS you get from putting a 1M bumper on your car is going to be from 1M owners who think you're trying to steal the show.

*EDIT*
Here you go
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
1176
Rep
17,508
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

OP - take a look at this...

Kerscher Who? LTBMW 1M Front End!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695531
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
3,400
Posts

Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
No, thats not correct.

The 1M bumpers you see on the e9x's are, for the most part, from LTBMW. The first ones they made were a combination of OEM 1M bumper and the e9x bumper molded together. I can't speak to the fact that they're mass producing them yet, or if they have any plans to. I also haven't seen any other sites beginning production of the bumpers, but it may happen soon.

As for 1addicts hating on 1M bumpers on 135/128's, that's just stupid. I've spent over 6 years on the Bimmerforums board and almost every single non-M E36 has an M3 bumper.

When I purchase my 135i in the next few weeks, the first thing I plan on doing is throwing a 1M bumper on and nobody is going to say anything because it will look awesome. Any BS you get from putting a 1M bumper on your car is going to be from 1M owners who think you're trying to steal the show.

*EDIT*
Here you go
welcome..more members like you are needed
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
11
Rep
555
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
welcome..more members like you are needed
Thanks, looking forward to my stay
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
109
Rep
2,601
Posts

Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
No, thats not correct.

The 1M bumpers you see on the e9x's are, for the most part, from LTBMW. The first ones they made were a combination of OEM 1M bumper and the e9x bumper molded together. I can't speak to the fact that they're mass producing them yet, or if they have any plans to. I also haven't seen any other sites beginning production of the bumpers, but it may happen soon.

As for 1addicts hating on 1M bumpers on 135/128's, that's just stupid. I've spent over 6 years on the Bimmerforums board and almost every single non-M E36 has an M3 bumper.

When I purchase my 135i in the next few weeks, the first thing I plan on doing is throwing a 1M bumper on and nobody is going to say anything because it will look awesome. Any BS you get from putting a 1M bumper on your car is going to be from 1M owners who think you're trying to steal the show.

*EDIT*
Here you go
thanks : )
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
X6Newbie88
Brigadier General
X6Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
56
Rep
4,043
Posts

Drives: X6 Active Hybrid
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
OP - take a look at this...

Kerscher Who? LTBMW 1M Front End!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695531
Ohh... nice nice.. just a few hours after I posted hahaha.. I already see some hating on that thread lol....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.




1addicts
1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST