|05-28-2012, 10:21 AM||#1|
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Wheel Addicts l MORR WHEELS l 1M Fitments In Stock!!!
If you have been in the BMW community for the last few years I am sure you have come across at least one thread praising the engineering behind the Morr wheel line. We are proud to present this company to the forum.
What’s the major upside to these wheels? First, they aren't just thrown together and sold. Many hours of engineering went into ensuring these wheels are up to the task of keeping you and your vehicle safe. Second, they will be IN STOCK! So none of that wait time usually associated with a forged wheel is pretty rare so that’s a huge plus.
As always please PM us for exact pricing. We offer wheel/tire packages as well.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL WHEEL ORDERS UNTIL???
Front: 19x8.5 (19.82 lbs aprox)
Rear: 19x10 (23.8 lbs aprox)
Midnight Black (matte textured black)
Anything you like but there is an additonal fee.
Available for the following BMW vehicles:
E9x 3 series
E60 (03+) 5 series
E60 (03+) M5
E63 (06+) 6 series
E63 (06+) M6
F10 5 series
MonoForged™ - Lighter.Wider.Stronger.
Lighter. The new MonoForged™ VS8.2 is lighter, wider, and stronger than any of its predecessors. The new VS8.2 fronts weighs approximately 8.87-kg (19.52-lbs) making it about 1.03-kg (2.26-lbs) lighter than the MonoForged™ VS8. This weight reduction was achieved by implementing several advanced manufacturing processes including flow-forming, which reduces barrel thickness by up to ten-percent, Vehicle Specific Profiles (VSP) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) by using Vehicle Specific Load Ratings (VSLR), Vehicle Specific Weight Optimization (VSWO).
Wider. At 10-inches wide, the new VS8.2 rears are .5-inch wider than its predecessors, widening the vehicle’s rear track, allowing for wider tires, increasing the concavity profile and improving the overall vehicle handling dynamics.
Stronger. At MORR, during the design stage, their engineers run FEA simulations to ensure the weight optimization process does not sacrifice wheel strength. To ensure their wheels are ultra-lightweight and equally as strong, our MonoForged™ product line is manufactured using only the highest grade 6061-T6 Aluminum. All of their wheels conform to the strict international standards of wheel quality and manufacturing, which include VIA/JWL and TUV-Rheinland. Our MonoForged™ VS8.2 is rated at the new safety standard of 690-kg (1520-lbs) per corner; an increase of 30-kg over the previous standard, making the wheel significantly more resistant to load.
• Re-Designed - The new VS8.2 is a step above from our VS8 design. A lot of attention was given to details. The spokes have been extended further out and the outer lip has been reduced, creating a larger appearance. Also, the spokes shape has been given more dimensions through curvature. The outer lip has been smoothened as well for a cleaner look.
• Ultra-Concave - Being one of the pioneers of the concavity trend, the new MonoForged™ VS8.2 is one of the most concave 10" wheel currently available for the BMW E46 M3 with a profile depth of over 30-degrees.
• Inner Lip - One of the greatest challenges with the VS8 inner lip was its depth. At over 3" the availability of milling machines to be able to go that deep was limited. With the new MonoForged™ VS8.2 that lip was further increased to 3.2" enhancing the overall look of this design.
• Optimization - Through Vehicle Specific Profiles (VSP), Vehicle Specific Load Ratings (VSLR) and Vehicle Specific Weight Optimization (VSWO) we can create wheel blanks that are specific to the vehicle applications. This reduces excess back pad material, reducing weight and improving strength. The minimal backpad spacing, as shown below, eliminates the need for excessive machining. This ensures structural integrity is not sacrificed.
• Ultra-Lightweight - The new MonoForged™ VS8.2 is one of the lightest 7-spokes wheels available. Weighing in at only 19-lbs for the front!
• FEA - Finite Element Analysis helped optimized the wheel strength and remove unnecessary material for the lightest possible wheel. Even at 19-lbs, the new VS8.2 wheel was tested at a load of 690kg and passed every FEA with flying colors.
Last edited by wheeladdicts; 05-28-2012 at 10:26 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|