BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #265
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Like to thank sverma for his quick and wonderful service. I am quite surprised with the attention to detail with the packing, with the bubble wrap etc.

Now, I just need to wait for the file to come back. .
Attached Images
 
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #266
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Stock tune vs ESS - reverse review

I have just flashed the car back to stock and I found it is a great opportunity to compare stock and ESS again. Often you have to review a mod from without to with, and not often you get a chance to experience the other way around, unless you are AlpineM3E92 who has a stock AND a ESS tuned 1M!

You can find my original post here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614477

As soon as I jumped in the car, I can feel the 'lack of power' in the lower rev range. Now I understand why I said the power delivery was smoother and more drivable with the ESS tune. I think the problem lay with the overboost function of stock. The delivery of the ESS is immediate, whilst power kicks in around 3.5k with the stock tune. This two stage delivery from the stock file actually make day to day driving less predictable. Yes, it felt amazing when you hit 3.5k but I would rather have the power on tap right from the start.

I can understand why BMW would have tuned it this way. In second gear with ESS tune, with stock tyres and wheels you would lose traction WOT making the extra power useless. However, what about right foot modulation?

Unfortunately, I have to cut short my review as Evolve just sent me back my tuned file. Not going to start the car at 1:42am, but will definitely try it first thing.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #267
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Gotta say and my comments may seem inflammatory but -Oh well.

First and foremost I think your car and all you are doing to is amazing. It will undeniably be one of the most tastefully and well researched 1Ms in Australia possibly the world.

I suspect your car and would love to be proved wrong is one of these awesome cars that are modified more for "Show rather than go" This in itself is a valid reason. As far as I'm concerned being of a hedonistic nature, anything that gives pleasure is a good thing.
I believe that your comment in regard to GT3 times infers that you either wish to (a) personally achieve these times or (b) have a car that is capable of these times.
I personally hope it is the former.?
Car with these high performance mods would need a roll cage next on its list.... Like Kenny's
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #268
Ian///M
Major General
Ian///M's Avatar
No_Country
81
Rep
6,247
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Stock tune vs ESS - reverse review

I have just flashed the car back to stock and I found it is a great opportunity to compare stock and ESS again. Often you have to review a mod from without to with, and not often you get a chance to experience the other way around, unless you are AlpineM3E92 who has a stock AND a ESS tuned 1M!

You can find my original post here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614477

As soon as I jumped in the car, I can feel the 'lack of power' in the lower rev range. Now I understand why I said the power delivery was smoother and more drivable with the ESS tune. I think the problem lay with the overboost function of stock. The delivery of the ESS is immediate, whilst power kicks in around 3.5k with the stock tune. This two stage delivery from the stock file actually make day to day driving less predictable. Yes, it felt amazing when you hit 3.5k but I would rather have the power on tap right from the start.

I can understand why BMW would have tuned it this way. In second gear with ESS tune, with stock tyres and wheels you would lose traction WOT making the extra power useless. However, what about right foot modulation?

Unfortunately, I have to cut short my review as Evolve just sent me back my tuned file. Not going to start the car at 1:42am, but will definitely try it first thing.
Only true test is back to back dynos.... Other than that it is just a guessing game of butt-dyno
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #269
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Only true test is back to back dynos.... Other than that it is just a guessing game of butt-dyno
Hopefully, it will happen today with your car for the Evolve . The difference was quite large though, and it refreshed my memory how the stock file was tuned. I recall a few were disappointed with ESS and I think the issue was that they can no longer few the kick at 3.5k.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #270
koastal
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
245
Posts

 
Drives: 135 DCT -2011
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Thanks everyone for their support and kind comments (including koastal's ).
With work requiring plenty of my attention at the moment, I don't think I would be able to test out the parts till closer to the end of the year. Once we got some baselines, then I will have to see how close I can get after improving its suspension setup.
Work must be hell busy. Do you not have staff ?

Haven't got much on myself besides looking after 8 display homes and another 9 under construction. That's the good thing about track days. Fill up the tank take the laptop out and have a fang. 5 mins later your back on the job.

Your gonna need some practice sometime to get the most out of that awesome car. Nothing worse than getting whupped by some teenager in their ful sic civic.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #271
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Work must be hell busy. Do you not have staff ?

Haven't got much on myself besides looking after 8 display homes and another 9 under construction. That's the good thing about track days. Fill up the tank take the laptop out and have a fang. 5 mins later your back on the job.

Your gonna need some practice sometime to get the most out of that awesome car. Nothing worse than getting whupped by some teenager in their ful sic civic.
It was under a consultancy's management whilst me and my wife was on parental leave. We had to kick them out, and now fixing up the mess. Staff has been good through the change, but a bit too much for them to handle.

Yes, definitely got to practice otherwise someone will claim an echo is faster than a M car.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #272
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Just done the full review for the evolve-r stage 1 here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739977
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #273
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
zenderm3's Avatar
Australia
33
Rep
1,961
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
It was under a consultancy's management whilst me and my wife was on parental leave. We had to kick them out, and now fixing up the mess. Staff has been good through the change, but a bit too much for them to handle.

Yes, definitely got to practice otherwise someone will claim an echo is faster than a M car.
Clearly you hired the wrong consultancy :P How's tricks Steve?
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #274
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
It was under a consultancy's management whilst me and my wife was on parental leave. We had to kick them out, and now fixing up the mess. Staff has been good through the change, but a bit too much for them to handle.

Yes, definitely got to practice otherwise someone will claim an echo is faster than a M car.
Actually I recall a 135i having a very close run with a Yaris down the quarter mile last year sometime. They managed to just beat it with Full Limp Mode. I believe the Yaris was loving it.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #275
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Clearly you hired the wrong consultancy :P How's tricks Steve?
???? tricks ????
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #276
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Actually I recall a 135i having a very close run with a Yaris down the quarter mile last year sometime. They managed to just beat it with Full Limp Mode. I believe the Yaris was loving it.
.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #277
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
zenderm3's Avatar
Australia
33
Rep
1,961
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
???? tricks ????
Things/Life in general! :P
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #278
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Things/Life in general! :P
Smashing
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #279
koastal
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
245
Posts

 
Drives: 135 DCT -2011
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Smashing
Next track day is on the 11th of oct. Would love to see your car there. Average "Gt3 time" is about 58 secs

Fair bit of notice, so would be cool if you could make it.

My girlfriend is having her first go on the track, shouting her so would be happy to shout you too.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #280
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post
Next track day is on the 11th of oct. Would love to see your car there. Average "Gt3 time" is about 58 secs

Fair bit of notice, so would be cool if you could make it.

My girlfriend is having her first go on the track, shouting her so would be happy to shout you too.
Generally away around that time for anniversary. However, will make it if not away. Lakeside or QR?
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #281
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

First post updated - watch this space...
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #282
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6
Rep
441
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Nice !! Can't wait for pics of brembo next week
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #283
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oystero View Post
Nice !! Can't wait for pics of brembo next week
Brembos are going to be delivery to the vendor next week. Still need to be sent from Germany . As usual, I will tease it out .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #284
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

New element - Nickel
Attached Images
 
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #285
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Mmmm they do look fantastic
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #286
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
New element - Nickel
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST