BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #45
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Welcome to California! I hope all us crazy Californians is treating you well
Thanks! Everything's been awesome so far except for the police... I got pulled over within a week for "illegal tint" and a "modified exhaust".

Now I have to correct these things and get them signed off on. I wish I could just pay the fix it ticket.
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #46
Chrissamyn
Enlisted Member
Chrissamyn's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 135i LeMans blue
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Quebec

iTrader: (0)

they are really strict wow

where i live i get thumbs up from the cops lol

and they ask me to rev my car for fun
__________________
135i LeMans Blue// AFE cat back\\ Alpine angel eyes 10000k// LCI black line tail light \\
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
52
Rep
3,039
Posts

 
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (35)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Thanks! Everything's been awesome so far except for the police... I got pulled over within a week for "illegal tint" and a "modified exhaust".

Now I have to correct these things and get them signed off on. I wish I could just pay the fix it ticket.
they got you for your exhaust?!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
they got you for your exhaust?!
Yeah, WTF right?! They pulled me over because it was "louder than stock"
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #49
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
52
Rep
3,039
Posts

 
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (35)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Yeah, WTF right?! They pulled me over because it was "louder than stock"
damn. i always thought they would get me for the smell before the sound. i had a very similar set up to you for months and never had a run in. At least they got you for being 'Louder than stock' instead of running catless.

Is it just a fix it ticket at the police station? or do you have to re-smog?

When you take ur downpipes off for the fix it ticket, try Cobb Stage 1+ FMIC. Its what I am running now. Its a great improvement over Stage 1 and I dont have to worry about passing SMOG/Police/Noise and the car doesn't smell. Being limited in CA and having to live under 91 octane fuel and using Cobb Sport Maps (No aggressive maps unless u Mix), I didnt really notice too much of a performance difference from Stage 2+ sport and Stage 1+ sport.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #50
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
damn. i always thought they would get me for the smell before the sound. i had a very similar set up to you for months and never had a run in. At least they got you for being 'Louder than stock' instead of running catless.

Is it just a fix it ticket at the police station? or do you have to re-smog?

When you take ur downpipes off for the fix it ticket, try Cobb Stage 1+ FMIC. Its what I am running now. Its a great improvement over Stage 1 and I dont have to worry about passing SMOG/Police/Noise and the car doesn't smell. Being limited in CA and having to live under 91 octane fuel and using Cobb Sport Maps (No aggressive maps unless u Mix), I didnt really notice too much of a performance difference from Stage 2+ sport and Stage 1+ sport.

It's a fix it ticket. Change the stuff and get it written off.

I have to take the downpipes off on Tuesday anyhow for the SMOG test. So you're running the stock downpipes right now? I was thinking about leaving the OE downpipes on for now until I can afford the AR catted ones.
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #51
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
It's a fix it ticket. Change the stuff and get it written off.

I have to take the downpipes off on Tuesday anyhow for the SMOG test. So you're running the stock downpipes right now? I was thinking about leaving the OE downpipes on for now until I can afford the AR catted ones.
Exhaust tickets in cali are a nightmare, just depends which one you get haha. I was on 17 south going over the hill to santa cruz and got pulled over for no front plate, ended up getting written up for no front plate, modified exhaust, no carb legal sticker on my intake, and a state referee visit

I had to completely go back to stock to pass smog because I was missing a sticker. Sad I know

and the ticket wasn't a fix it ticket for the state ref, so that ended up costing me $400 on top of everything else
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #52
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Exhaust tickets in cali are a nightmare, just depends which one you get haha. I was on 17 south going over the hill to santa cruz and got pulled over for no front plate, ended up getting written up for no front plate, modified exhaust, no carb legal sticker on my intake, and a state referee visit

I had to completely go back to stock to pass smog because I was missing a sticker. Sad I know

and the ticket wasn't a fix it ticket for the state ref, so that ended up costing me $400 on top of everything else




Are any intakes for our cars CARB legal? BMW Performance I guess...
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #53
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post


Are any intakes for our cars CARB legal? BMW Performance I guess...
bmw performance is the safest, carb legally I think injen might be the only vendor, but i'm not sure on that.

For my subaru I used to own, I ended up taking off the K&N CARB legal sticker and put it on my bmw
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #54
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
bmw performance is the safest, carb legally I think injen might be the only vendor, but i'm not sure on that.

For my subaru I used to own, I ended up taking off the K&N CARB legal sticker and put it on my bmw
I was going to go with the enclosed aFe stage 2, but now I'm rethinking. I hate how ricey the injen is though...
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Heisenberg takes a trip to BRRacing

Another update! As i've learned, since I've been in California, emissions here are a big deal. My car was from out of state and thus needed to be SMOGGED. The AR Catless Downpipes weren't helping that situation at all...

I needed to revert back to OEM downpipes in order to get SMOGGED. Total PITA and waste of money. But, there was a silver lining:

Being new to the area was difficult but I did a ton of research, talked to a lot of people, and finally decided to take a trip up to BRRacing in Los Gatos CA. The drive is about 30 miles each way for me, but it was definitely worth it! I'm really glad I made the decision to take the car there. I'm happy to say I've found the shop that I'll be exclusively dealing with for the majority of this build.

I dealt mostly with Rob, who was extremely helpful and knowledgable about my 135i. Their estimate was spot on, the work was excellent, and there were no curve balls. I've been to a lot of shady mechanics and auto body places and I'm definitely confident that these guys stand by their work and are trustworthy. It's not easy to find that kind of place nowadays, so I definitely suggest people take a trip there if you're in the Bay Area. Here's some pictures for everyone:




















__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
510135
Captain
Australia
14
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: f32
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Just seen this thread! Your car is amazing bro! Well done
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #57
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0123 View Post
Just seen this thread! Your car is amazing bro! Well done
Thank you! It's a work in progress but I'm excited to find a good shop to stick with. So much better than bouncing around from place to place.

On another note, love your new rims. Did you order them online?
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #58
510135
Captain
Australia
14
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: f32
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

No I was fortunate enough to find them locally (Australia) from a wheel shop. There was a bit of modification required to get them to fit regarding offsets and the colour that I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #59
Dmacc
Colonel
57
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Haha 3 minutes away from my house, and I used to work there! Great guys and great shop, parts come fast, and the price is always fair
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #60
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Haha 3 minutes away from my house, and I used to work there! Great guys and great shop, parts come fast, and the price is always fair
That's awesome. Next time I'm up there I'll let you know. I'm really happy with the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0123 View Post
No I was fortunate enough to find them locally (Australia) from a wheel shop. There was a bit of modification required to get them to fit regarding offsets and the colour that I wanted.
Was it anything more than fender rolling? I really like the offsets, I think it looks perfect so I'll probably copy it for my next wheels
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #61
510135
Captain
Australia
14
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: f32
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

My guards aren't rolled yet! It rubs over big bumps. The offsets are perfect IMO. I will be rolling the guards though. The work was more getting the offsets correct (machined),paired with rim and tyre size.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #62
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0123 View Post
My guards aren't rolled yet! It rubs over big bumps. The offsets are perfect IMO. I will be rolling the guards though. The work was more getting the offsets correct (machined),paired with rim and tyre size.
Awesome, don't mind if I steal your offsets in the future
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #63
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

JBSPEED Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler

Overall, I had some really high hopes for this spoiler. Although it looks pretty good, there are definitely some imperfections present. There is a small problem with the clear coat in one area and another imperfection in the weave. All in all though, I guess I can't complain for the price. It should look good when it's all mounted up and I plan on painting over the part that has the clear coat imperfections.









__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #64
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
1
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines



Lights came very well packaged.







Stock for comparison.





You'l have to remove two bulb plugs and three screws on each side.

Number 1


Number 2


Number 3




Left side removed.





Blackline installed on the left.











Repeat on right side, and final pics.







Those look GREAT!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #65
Grayson
Heisenberg
Grayson's Avatar
9
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina1ergirl View Post
Those look GREAT!!!
Thanks, it definitely updates the whole backend very nicely.
__________________

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #66
pearso02
Private First Class
pearso02's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Thanks. Let me also say that I was on the fence about the wheels when looking at the car. After seeing it in person though, they look so damned good
These wheels def look better in person! I love mine.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST