BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Help picking a SPOILER

Sup, I am looking for suggestions to buy a spoiler or trunk for my titanium silver 135i. The stock just isn't enough, but I don't wana do anything huge and make the car trashy. Can you guys point me to some good options?

Thanks
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

there is only one really which is the BMW P style...

unless you want wings.. ?
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
there is only one really which is the BMW P style...

unless you want wings.. ?
Is $400 a good price for these?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

and btw what would be an example of "wings" (sry for newb)
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Is $400 a good price for these?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

and btw what would be an example of "wings" (sry for newb)
for an OEM one yeah, i just got a cheap ebay one for 1/4 the price TBH.

an example of "wings"
Attached Images
 
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
for an OEM one yeah, i just got a cheap ebay one for 1/4 the price TBH.

an example of "wings"
Ah, I see, thanks. I think the wings is just too excessive for my liking...

What are the advantages/disadvantages between getting an OEM performance spoiler and, I guess, whoever you bought it from?

Also, do they come in our colors? (titanium silver for me)

__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Ah, I see, thanks. I think the wings is just too excessive for my liking...

What are the advantages/disadvantages between getting an OEM performance spoiler and, I guess, whoever you bought it from?

Also, do they come in our colors? (titanium silver for me)

quality pretty much - i figure for $100 if its crap then not much lost...

Happy with the quality so didn't bother me, fitment was perfect too.

You can get them painted.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
quality pretty much - i figure for $100 if its crap then not much lost...

Happy with the quality so didn't bother me, fitment was perfect too.

You can get them painted.
Hard to find pics of a titanium silver with the CF spoiler. If I put it on, then decide I want to paint it, can I take it off, paint it, then put it back on? I'm not familiar with the process of installing it...
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Hard to find pics of a titanium silver with the CF spoiler. If I put it on, then decide I want to paint it, can I take it off, paint it, then put it back on? I'm not familiar with the process of installing it...
yep is reversible

Just a lot of pain staking labour of removing the gunk that gets left behind from the OEM sticky gunk stuff or the double sided tape you use.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
yep is reversible

Just a lot of pain staking labour of removing the gunk that gets left behind from the OEM sticky gunk stuff or the double sided tape you use.
Thanx!

Yeh, OEM is too expensive, found this for $250

http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-154...oiler-lip.aspx

Then again I could see if anyone is selling their OEM second hand... Hmm...
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #10
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E82-1...ht_1668wt_1163

fyi this is where i got mine from. $154
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Faced with a tough decision. Get it from a trusted company at their price.... Or take advantage of a good price with these Asian eBay sellers.... Was it worth the risk for you? How long ago did you get your spoiler?, and how long did it take to ship?
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #12
RaihaX
Major General
 
RaihaX's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

Posts: 5,029
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
Faced with a tough decision. Get it from a trusted company at their price.... Or take advantage of a good price with these Asian eBay sellers.... Was it worth the risk for you? How long ago did you get your spoiler?, and how long did it take to ship?
Well there was someone that had already ordered it so I felt more assure and plus paypal is pretty good in protecting buyers

it took like 2 weeks to get it delivered to Australia not sure if its longer to the US.
RaihaX is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,598
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
I got my cf one from jbspeed and have had 0 problems since then! If you search I have a detailed review somewhere on here
__________________
2009 128i Coupe Crimson Red MODS: -Injen Intake-Magnaflow Exhaust-Carbon Fiber Spoiler - Carbon Fiber Grilles - OZ Ultraleggeras - CF Mirrors
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
mike the snake
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonoma County, CA.

Posts: 501
iTrader: (1)

I also got one of the carbon fiber spoilers from JBspeed, price was right and fitment was pretty good. I'm happy with it.
Attached Images
 
mike the snake is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
Fidiman
First Lieutenant
 
Fidiman's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France

Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [0.00]
For the CF BMW Perf' spoiler I answered to you in the Titanium Silver thread
Fidiman is online now   France
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Nugget
Major
 
Nugget's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

Posts: 1,240
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
If you don't want CF JB speed do painted ones.
I got a gloss black one.
Nugget is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
If you don't want CF JB speed do painted ones.
I got a gloss black one.
Yeah I think I'm going to go with JBspeed's spoiler regardless. Pretty good price. I'm just torn between the CF look or the painted look to match my car... Hm...
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #18
gibbo21
New Member
 
Drives: 1M Coupè
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Italy

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I also got one of the carbon fiber spoilers from JBspeed, price was right and fitment was pretty good. I'm happy with it.
gibbo21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
jsmonet
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: so cal

Posts: 440
iTrader: (2)

if you're going to paint it, get the jbspeed. if not, consider the factory perf spoiler. people have gone both ways and been fine with either. the bmw part has a little better quality control on the weave, but it's not like the jbspeed is bad. there are plenty of very positive reviews for it on this site.

installation is straight forward. lay your tape down, press, and if it lifts or gets weird, redo it. I'd be tempted to use the betalink if i did this all over again because i have no intention of taking it off
jsmonet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
qntran2
Private
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nola

Posts: 69
iTrader: (1)

I'm at work right now but I'll try to snap a decent picture of the unpainted spoiler on titanium silver when I get home later.


You can have this pic for now but it was more me showing off the taillights. I myself like the cf look over a painted spoiler with our silver.
qntran2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
FIRST1
Captain
 
Drives: '08 135i Titanium Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LI

Posts: 706
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qntran2 View Post
I'm at work right now but I'll try to snap a decent picture of the unpainted spoiler on titanium silver when I get home later.


You can have this pic for now but it was more me showing off the taillights. I myself like the cf look over a painted spoiler with our silver.
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics
__________________
FIRST1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
SHFT
Second Lieutenant
 
SHFT's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte

Posts: 258
iTrader: (1)

I think the cf spoiler on silver gives it a very clean sporty look that flows well with the rear diffuser.
__________________
aFe, UUC, Macht Schnell, REMUS, ETS, BMS and some other shiii...
SHFT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST