BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #23
capcadet05
Rep
Drives: 135i

Steering Wheel Clarifications

I am wondering if the Msport steering wheel (purchased thru the 135i sport package upgrade), is the same as the 1M steering wheel. From pictures they look similar. I am trying to buy carbon fiber trim but eBay seems to only sell 1M wheel trim, just want to make sure this is the same as the Msport wheel. Don't know why they would be any different.

Best,
John
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #24
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcadet05 View Post
I am wondering if the Msport steering wheel (purchased thru the 135i sport package upgrade), is the same as the 1M steering wheel. From pictures they look similar. I am trying to buy carbon fiber trim but eBay seems to only sell 1M wheel trim, just want to make sure this is the same as the Msport wheel. Don't know why they would be any different.

Best,
John
They may be similar, but I don't imagine they're the same as the 1M wheel comes with orange stitching.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #25
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcadet05 View Post

Best,
John
They are both Msport steering wheels. The 1m simply has an e9x 6MT m3 steering wheel which doesn't have the perf leather and has M color stitching. The carbon trim will fit either wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #26
kiysersosae
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6Newbie88 View Post

Once the M2 comes out (the replacement for the so called 1M and 1 series) there will be alot less confusion in the naming of the M series cars.

I disagree, the m2 is an m2 not a 1m, they are 2 different models and 2 completely different concepts. Sure the price may drop for a short while but you can't help imagine how many m2 cars bmw will produce to satisfy worldwide demand and how many they will need to build to recover development cost.

The 1m is a special car that was built by a few engineers with free reign, a small budget and short timescale... What this done was made everyone focus hatd to produce a car that they had all dreamed of building, without the bureaucrats determining what we should get and forcing their hand. If they had more time I'm sure we would have had cut wheel arches and more power..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #27
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I think the M2 looks horrible, especially from the rear. No CF roof, no powerdome hood, and an N55. Meh. I doubt we'll see a drop at all due to the M2.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0