BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
flavush
Private
 
flavush's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Zurich

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Akrapovic Slip-On + Wireless Kit + N55 Mids

Hi Folks

Yesterday I've heard an Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust with Wireless Kit.
It sounds louder than the stock exhaust, but not as loud and nice as the evolution exhaust system. (Will Upload my Videos as soon as possible)

Has someone of you some experience with the following configuration?

Akrapovic Slip-On + Wireless Kit + N55 Mids

Does it sound as loud and nice as the Evolution exhaust system?
Any Videos?
I've found only 2 Videos on Youtube, but unfortunately in bad quality.





Thank you very much in advance!


Best regards,
Flavush
flavush is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
One-emm
BMW > Audi. Simple math.
 
One-emm's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M BS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Schweden

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

I'd say Berk or Maddad would produce the most reminiscent sound of the evo exhaust when combined with slip-on.

The character of the mufflers resemble the ones on the evo system more on the Berk and Maddad. The N55 muffler resembles stock a lot more.

Only guessing though.
One-emm is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
flavush
Private
 
flavush's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Zurich

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-emm View Post
I'd say Berk or Maddad would produce the most reminiscent sound of the evo exhaust when combined with slip-on.

The character of the mufflers resemble the ones on the evo system more on the Berk and Maddad. The N55 muffler resembles stock a lot more.

Only guessing though.
Thank you for your reply.

The problem in Switzerland is the Police
When I use the N55 Midpipe, they will newer think, that this isn't stock.

If I have an aftermarket midpipe, they will notice that and give me a fine.
flavush is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Sheil
Private First Class
 
Sheil's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Hey buddy,

I live in Switzerland, I have the n55 + wireless + Akra slip-ons and trust me with the valve open it is plenty loud!

You shouldn't risk putting anything else than n55 midpipes because it will cost you dearly if you get caught! For the price difference (CHF 2500.- more for Akra midpipe vs N55) and the risk of getting your akra midpipe confiscated and having to pay the hefty fine, and the sliiighlty louder better sound because of the lack of any cat (N55 has the first cats still present versus the 2 on the N54) it's definitely not worth going any other way than N55 + Wireless Kit + Slip ons in Switzerland!

There's my 2 cents! Where do you live in Switzerland? We could meet once if you want to check out my setup! (And I can get you a good price fully installed ;-) )
Sheil is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
flzrider
Captain
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 621
iTrader: (1)

Sounds good. I'm completely on-board with the N55 midpipe idea, but i'm still searching for a cheaper alternative to a good sounding muffler.
__________________
flzrider is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Sheil
Private First Class
 
Sheil's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
100% worth it to get the Akras with wireless kit. It's amazing to be able to switch from regular to full on race-car-blast-your-head-off! Plus I'm not getting any more drone with my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
Sounds good. I'm completely on-board with the N55 midpipe idea, but i'm still searching for a cheaper alternative to a good sounding muffler.
Sheil is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
danstel
New Member
 
danstel's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

facing the same issues as you guys with the police...gotten my n55 mids...awaiting installation followed by getting the akra slip-on...
__________________
2011 E82 1 Series ///M Coupe
Freude am Fahren
danstel is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Hey buddy,

I live in Switzerland, I have the n55 + wireless + Akra slip-ons and trust me with the valve open it is plenty loud!

You shouldn't risk putting anything else than n55 midpipes because it will cost you dearly if you get caught! For the price difference (CHF 2500.- more for Akra midpipe vs N55) and the risk of getting your akra midpipe confiscated and having to pay the hefty fine, and the sliiighlty louder better sound because of the lack of any cat (N55 has the first cats still present versus the 2 on the N54) it's definitely not worth going any other way than N55 + Wireless Kit + Slip ons in Switzerland!

There's my 2 cents! Where do you live in Switzerland? We could meet once if you want to check out my setup! (And I can get you a good price fully installed ;-) )
Wait, you mean police can actually CONFISCATE your exhaust? WTF?! Say it ain't so, I had a prior high regard for CH!

PS: I am running MadDad with Slip-On plus valves. When closed, it actually isn't all that much louder than stock (but drone is gone!), but when it is open it can get loudish, in a good way of course. Like all exhausts, it opens up further after a few K miles.
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Stoptech lines, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
///MbmC
Private
 
Drives: 1 series M coupe Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

The first vid is me, and I believe you PM'd me too. Forgot to reply! Sorry!

But having heard an Evo system compared to the N55 mids and Akra Slip-on combo, I didn't think it was worth the price. And plus the fact that Evo cannot be obtained legally where I live. The Slip-Ons can. What happens the the wireless kit and N55 mids is not a story for the forums
///MbmC is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Sheil
Private First Class
 
Sheil's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Yep, it's expensive to F with the 5-0 in Switzerland .

Very happy with my N55 though - and it's already much lighter than the stock N54 - price difference is too great to justify the titanium Akras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Wait, you mean police can actually CONFISCATE your exhaust? WTF?! Say it ain't so, I had a prior high regard for CH!

PS: I am running MadDad with Slip-On plus valves. When closed, it actually isn't all that much louder than stock (but drone is gone!), but when it is open it can get loudish, in a good way of course. Like all exhausts, it opens up further after a few K miles.
Sheil is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
danstel
New Member
 
danstel's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

just got my n55 mids up today..can feel less drone (kinda miss it)...but doesnt feel much difference with the power..somehow less drone psychologically made it less power..does the mids need to be run in to feel a difference??
__________________
2011 E82 1 Series ///M Coupe
Freude am Fahren
danstel is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
ifini
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Singapore

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstel View Post
just got my n55 mids up today..can feel less drone (kinda miss it)...but doesnt feel much difference with the power..somehow less drone psychologically made it less power..does the mids need to be run in to feel a difference??
I am running N55 mids for about 6 months and it does not really make that much of a difference in hp if you ask me. It makes less drone for sure.

Are you thinking of Akra slip ons? I am as well. Just procrastinating lol. Am from SG as well
ifini is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
discoboy1
Major
 
discoboy1's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 1M VO
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,324
iTrader: (3)

I just installed a N55 mid and Akrapovic slip on an wireless kit. The sound with valve open is amazing ! Closed is similar to stock with a slightly lower tone less the drone. Drone is completely gone!
The only down side, there is a slight fuel smell when waiting at trafic light with windows open
discoboy1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Thank you for your reply.

The problem in Switzerland is the Police
When I use the N55 Midpipe, they will newer think, that this isn't stock.

If I have an aftermarket midpipe, they will notice that and give me a fine.
that's why you have the wireless valvetronic..
Jay-K is online now   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #15
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

wow the akrapovic + n55 + downpipe and valve open is just brutal man..!! i love it!!!
nice video..
Jay-K is online now   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST