BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

DFW 1'ers?

Hey guys, just traded in the 335 for a 135.

There is a big group of 3 owners in DFW, anyone 1 owners out there?
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
kduff85
Newbie
 
kduff85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

I just traded my Evo for a 135 and came looking for some DFW people as well! I live in HEB area!
kduff85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kduff85 View Post
I just traded my Evo for a 135 and came looking for some DFW people as well! I live in HEB area!
Welcome! I had an STI, glad to be far and away from that unreliable pos.

Not that a BMW is more reliable, but at least the engines are bulletproof!

I'm in the Plano area. Do you ever come out to the monthly Cars and Coffee show in Plano at Classic BMW?
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
The Black Pearl
Private
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 75
iTrader: (1)

i do...not since its been so hot...i'll probably go to the sept if it cools off.
The Black Pearl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
kduff85
Newbie
 
kduff85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Welcome! I had an STI, glad to be far and away from that unreliable pos.

Not that a BMW is more reliable, but at least the engines are bulletproof!

I'm in the Plano area. Do you ever come out to the monthly Cars and Coffee show in Plano at Classic BMW?
I have been wanting to but the heat keeps me from them right now. I also have made it out to a couple of the Cobb meets. I'll be having them do my oil changes and be grabbing an AP from them too so I'm out in Plano from time to time!
kduff85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Yea this hot weather is taking out all the fun. Car is slow and the shows are a bit scarce.

Today is a good day. Im getting new wheels on the ride this morning.
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
 
mbintx's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plano

Posts: 204
iTrader: (1)

Plano 135i here...
mbintx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Welcome! What color is your 1? I may have seen you around since I'm in the same area.

Btw.. Unfortunately, I started this thread in the wrong section So, I'm going to see if a mod can move this to the South Central section.
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
 
mbintx's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plano

Posts: 204
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Welcome! What color is your 1? I may have seen you around since I'm in the same area.

Btw.. Unfortunately, I started this thread in the wrong section So, I'm going to see if a mod can move this to the South Central section.
AW. Lowered on BMW Performance Suspension and currently with VMR wheels.
mbintx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbintx View Post
AW. Lowered on BMW Performance Suspension and currently with VMR wheels.
Nice, love the combination! Mine is a SGM on BBS LM's
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
 
mbintx's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plano

Posts: 204
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Nice, love the combination! Mine is a SGM on BBS LM's
SGM was the only other color I was looking at. Actually saw one at the Shell @ Parker/Coit last week...
mbintx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Yup, the two best colors IMO

I don't think I was over there, I usually hang around the N Texas & 121 tollway areas.

I need to install these springs, then I'll post a pic.
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
 
mbintx's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plano

Posts: 204
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Yup, the two best colors IMO

I don't think I was over there, I usually hang around the N Texas & 121 tollway areas.

I need to install these springs, then I'll post a pic.
Pic is in post #418 in the Official Alpine White Photo thread...
mbintx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
brusk
Lieutenant
 
brusk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 504
iTrader: (1)

Local 1 owner in the dallas area. Anybody going to the strip anytime. I wanna take mine to see what it does but not fun unless you go wit a few people.
__________________
2008 135i - Cobb AP, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, BMS DCI, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, SS brake lines.
brusk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusk View Post
Local 1 owner in the dallas area. Anybody going to the strip anytime. I wanna take mine to see what it does but not fun unless you go wit a few people.
I'd love to go soon, but I have a few things I need to get done first. Btw - your car is a f'n beast!

Working on suspension - Need to install springs/struts
Maintenance - Need plugs, k&n drop in, and a Valve clean
Tune - gotta get the above done first.
Then, Exhaust / Intercooler

Then I'm ready. I might be able to get most of this done in the next few months if all goes well $ wise.
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
brusk
Lieutenant
 
brusk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 504
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
I'd love to go soon, but I have a few things I need to get done first. Btw - your car is a f'n beast!

Working on suspension - Need to install springs/struts
Maintenance - Need plugs, k&n drop in, and a Valve clean
Tune - gotta get the above done first.
Then, Exhaust / Intercooler

Then I'm ready. I might be able to get most of this done in the next few months if all goes well $ wise.
Thanks it's alot of fun. Too bad I leave my house hit crappy back roads, hop on the highway and have fun for about 5 minutes and then sit in crappy dallas traffic. This cold weather today sucks tires aren't wanting to grip as good, saw the traction control light several times today and haven't seen it in months.
__________________
2008 135i - Cobb AP, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, BMS DCI, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, SS brake lines.
brusk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #17
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusk View Post
Thanks it's alot of fun. Too bad I leave my house hit crappy back roads, hop on the highway and have fun for about 5 minutes and then sit in crappy dallas traffic. This cold weather today sucks tires aren't wanting to grip as good, saw the traction control light several times today and haven't seen it in months.
no kidding - this traffic has gotten so bad in the last 5 years, its unbelievable.

I drive from Frisco to Plano on the Tollway - pretty much paying to sit in traffic.

I don't mind the power gains in cold weather, but the tires hate it for sure. I have no tune and can't get traction at all in 1st, so I can imagine your car probably feels like it's on ice with all that power!
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
brusk
Lieutenant
 
brusk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 504
iTrader: (1)

The Michelin PSS's are amazing unfortunately in the colder weather they aren't doing much better than the RFT's did in the summer.
__________________
2008 135i - Cobb AP, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, BMS DCI, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, SS brake lines.
brusk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
SAM135iAM
First Lieutenant
 
SAM135iAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' 135i DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas Texas

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

Just traded my B5 S4 for a Black 2011 135i DCT + Nav. I'm in Greenville, 45 min East of Down Town Dallas.
SAM135iAM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
n54door
Captain
 
n54door's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW

Posts: 618
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sammy View Post
Just traded my B5 S4 for a Black 2011 135i DCT + Nav. I'm in Greenville, 45 min East of Down Town Dallas.
Congrats, and welcome! Let's all try to make i to the next cars and coffee in Plano to meet/greet. I missed yeserdays
n54door is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
brusk
Lieutenant
 
brusk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 504
iTrader: (1)

What all events are in the area. I know cobb does first thursdays that I've never been to yet.
__________________
2008 135i - Cobb AP, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, BMS DCI, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, SS brake lines.
brusk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #22
SAM135iAM
First Lieutenant
 
SAM135iAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' 135i DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas Texas

Posts: 349
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Congrats, and welcome! Let's all try to make i to the next cars and coffee in Plano to meet/greet. I missed yeserdays
Thank you! I'm proud to have converted over to the BMW club. I'm really wanting to make it to one. I've never been. My boss went this weekend and said it was a great time.
SAM135iAM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST