BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

130i in VLN (Nurburgring) on Oct 27th

Hey 1'er addicts. I wanted to extend an invite to you on the last race this season at the Ring in this month's VLN. Our car is a fantastic 130i. My teammate also owns a 1M. We'll be around that weekend if you want to come say hi! I would be happy to show you around the car on Friday, the 26th in between tech inspection and practice sessions.

Also I have an intensive car control clinic I am arranging at a local airport near Graf on the 28th. I have a few spots open and would love to have some 1'ers join us! We will have a wet skid pad set up and I will be instructing the US group. We have a german group as well. Please PM me if you are interested.

Regards,

Jim

10-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Jim,

You and your friends should come down to Stuttgart this Saturday at the Meilenwerk to join us for a big meet. Would be a great chance for you and the guys to get your name out there.

You can check out the thread on this forum or feel free to message me.

David
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I have a friend visiting from DC on the weekend of the 27th and he wants to see the 'Ring. I can't make it up on Friday (picking my buddy up) but we'll be around on Saturday.

Good luck!

I can't make the class on the 28th but keep us posted, maybe the next date will work for me. I'd love to give my car (and myself) a workout with an instructor.
      10-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Sorry can't make it on Saturday. Have plans with family. Its my birthday
Otherwise I would come down for sure! I'll have to watch this forum more.

Mr Kleen. love your products. I have a bunch of pit passes I already gave out but if you want I'll see if I can get 2 more for you and your guest. You can hang out with us in the paddock. After the race, the track is open for a couple hours. I'll probably do some laps in my private car and most likely my team mate will also. Free to join us afterwards if you want a ride.

-Jim
      10-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
Mr Kleen. love your products. I have a bunch of pit passes I already gave out but if you want I'll see if I can get 2 more for you and your guest. You can hang out with us in the paddock. After the race, the track is open for a couple hours. I'll probably do some laps in my private car and most likely my team mate will also. Free to join us afterwards if you want a ride.

-Jim
That would rock.
      10-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Hey 1'er addicts. I wanted to extend an invite to you on the last race this season at the Ring in this month's VLN. Our car is a fantastic 130i. My teammate also owns a 1M. We'll be around that weekend if you want to come say hi! I would be happy to show you around the car on Friday, the 26th in between tech inspection and practice sessions.
Good Luck on your race! We are all pulling for you!

Quote:
Also I have an intensive car control clinic I am arranging at a local airport near Graf on the 28th. I have a few spots open and would love to have some 1'ers join us! We will have a wet skid pad set up and I will be instructing the US group. We have a german group as well. Please PM me if you are interested.

Regards,
Jim

Can you give us more info on this: intensive car control clinic ?

Price, what kind of driving? Low/medium speed I guess? Wet skid pad?

Also where is your race shop? Maybe we can hold an event there and come meet you and your team?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks. Its tough competition. But most fun you can have with clothes on.

The car control clinic is comprised of a wet skid pad and slalom course. There are a total of only 20 participants. You will be driving from 9am to 5pm with an hour break for lunch. Cost is 230€

I will be coaching the american group and you will get plenty of seat time with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

Can you give us more info on this: intensive car control clinic ?

Price, what kind of driving? Low/medium speed I guess? Wet skid pad?

Also where is your race shop? Maybe we can hold an event there and come meet you and your team?
      10-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Our team home is actually in the Netherlands in an old Formula 1 circuit called Zandvoort. Its about 30 minute drive from Amsterdam.

You are free to come visit. In fact we host a drift and track fun day in January. temps up there are warmer. no snow. just wet. Would be happy to organize something for the 1 series folks.

this is video of me in the family car last year drift fun day.

and i saw that stelvio pass post. great stuff. lets go together next year.
i went with a friend in august.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Damm I am working that weekend. It sucks because I would love to swing by. good luck on the race make sure to update us on the results.
      10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Sorry can't make it on Saturday. Have plans with family. Its my birthday

Thanks. Its tough competition. But most fun you can have with clothes on.

The car control clinic is comprised of a wet skid pad and slalom course. There are a total of only 20 participants. You will be driving from 9am to 5pm with an hour break for lunch. Cost is 230€

I will be coaching the american group and you will get plenty of seat time with me.
That's funny. My son's birthday is also on the 13th

I'm interested in the clinic. Is there anything special you have to do?

Nick
      10-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #11
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
That's funny. My son's birthday is also on the 13th

I'm interested in the clinic. Is there anything special you have to do?

Nick

Nick, we have 2 open spots left. Nothing special you have to do. Its tailored to your experience and goals. one-on-one training. you will have more track time than you can use. If you want a safe place to explore the limits of the car and grow in your abilities this is the best thing. Think of it as an M School without the corporate marketing and costs.

PM me your email and I'll send you a small form to fill out. Cost is 230€ paid in cash at the site, but need a firm commitment if you are going.

Happy birthday to your son. If he is old enough and a gear head like his dad bring him out to watch!

-Jim
      10-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I'd be very interested in attending one of the driving clinics. Zandvoort would make a great weekend trip.
      10-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

i'll let you know. we have one usually in january up in zandvoort.
      10-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
JK135i
8:39
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [9.50]
Hmmm I find myself interested in this clinic.
      10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Nick, we have 2 open spots left. Nothing special you have to do. Its tailored to your experience and goals. one-on-one training. you will have more track time than you can use. If you want a safe place to explore the limits of the car and grow in your abilities this is the best thing. Think of it as an M School without the corporate marketing and costs.

PM me your email and I'll send you a small form to fill out. Cost is 230€ paid in cash at the site, but need a firm commitment if you are going.

Happy birthday to your son. If he is old enough and a gear head like his dad bring him out to watch!

-Jim
Thanks Jim. I'm going to have to bow out of this one. New clutch took a front seat to everything and the kids want me home for my Birthday, which coincidentally is the 28th. I will however keep an eye out for the times and dates you have any others. Definetly want to do this, but can't right now.

Nick