BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

What you look for when you buy a used 135

I'm looking for a 135i convertible under 80 klm and at least from 2011.

What are the things I need to check out in a use 135i? What do you guys have look for in your car?

And what do you think of this one http://m.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/bmw-135...3d2011%26r%3d5
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
Matticus91
Captain
104
Rep
661
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (2)

From 2011+ you'll get the N55 so you don't need to worry about the typical N54 issues.

Instead look for:

Waterpump change
Oil Filter Housing Leak
Regular maintenance records

And the usual "used car rundown", ie: rust, mismatched paint, dents/dings, different tires, etc etc etc.
__________________
-Matt
"Tobias" 2013 Carbon Black 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • cp-e Charge Pipe • CF Spoiler • Berk Street Axle-Back

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
champignon
Captain
United_States
159
Rep
904
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;135i;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

It has sports seats and an automatic transmission. Cannot comment on price as I have no idea what market prices for a used car like this are in Switzerland. The fact that it is a convertible makes it much less likely that it has been raced, modified, or otherwise abused. Check out the condition of the convertible top itself, water-tightness, and the mechanical functioning of the top itself.

Does the car appear to have been garaged, or was it left outside in the elements? I think this is even more important for convertibles, and this car is already 4 years old.

There is presumably no remaining factory warranty; is it being sold with some sort of extended warranty? Can you buy an extended warranty for the car? All of the 1-Series cars I have purchased had at least a short period of remaining factory warranty; my 135i coupe and 135is convertible remain under warranty now for more than an additional year, however my 1M no longer has any warranty remaining. I did not buy any of these 3 cars from the original owners, so I could not get any first hand information on the cars. They were, however, all lower mileage and less old than what you are looking at now. Buying the car from a dealer who does not know the specific vehicle means you have less information, and that might push me to buy an extended warranty if I had any doubts about the car.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

tks for the goods tips Matticus91 and champignon

this is, i thinks the best one i find, in lower milles(kilometeres)/lower price i fund, they are always 100000klm/25000+ chf

the chf is almost the same as dollars

this is the cheaper 135i, 2011, -100000 klm

the seller send me some interior pictures and i propose 21k chf and he say the minimun it can do is 23k

only on set of tires, new tires, never have acidents, but have do a minor demage in paint, but he say he had it repared.

it have: Pack Confort; Pack Confort en combinaison avec pack M-Sport; Pack M-Sport

this are the options:
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Eclairage adaptif dans les virages
Equipement en tissu/cuir
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack Confort
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack lumière
Pare-vent
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur réglable jour/nuit automatique
Volant multifonctions
Pack Confort en combinaison avec pack M-Sport
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack lumière
Pack M-Sport
Pare-vent
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur réglable jour/nuit automatique
Volant multifonctions
Pack M-Sport
Baguettes intérieures in alu silver
Equipement en tissu/sensatec
Jantes à rayons double-croisés 207 M, en alliage léger 17J avec pneus
Shadow Line brillante
Peinture métallisée
Phares bi-xénon avec installation de lave-phares
Porte-boissons AV
Pré-équipement pour cellulaire avec système mains libres (Bluetooth)
Prééquipement pour chargeur CD
Radio BMW Professional
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur et extérieur réglables jour/nuit automatiques
Rétroviseurs extérieurs droite et gauche chauffables, réglables et rabattables électriquement
Sièges AV à réglage électrique, siège conducteur avec memory
Système d'alarme antivol
Système de navigation Professional
Système haut-parleurs HiFi
Télécommande audio au volant

[how can i insert picture form my email?]

Last edited by lapacity; 07-14-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
champignon
Captain
United_States
159
Rep
904
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;135i;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapacity View Post
tks for the goods tips Matticus91 and champignon

this is, i thinks the best one i find, in lower milles(kilometeres)/lower price i fund, they are always 100000klm/25000+ chf

the chf is almost the same as dollars

this is the cheaper 135i, 2011, -100000 klm

the seller send me some interior pictures and i propose 21k chf and he say the minimun it can do is 23k

only on set of tires, new tires, never have acidents, but have do a minor demage in paint, but he say he had it repared.

it have: Pack Confort; Pack Confort en combinaison avec pack M-Sport; Pack M-Sport

this are the options:
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Eclairage adaptif dans les virages
Equipement en tissu/cuir
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack Confort
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack lumière
Pare-vent
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur réglable jour/nuit automatique
Volant multifonctions
Pack Confort en combinaison avec pack M-Sport
Contrôle de distances pour stationnement arrière
Essuie-glaces AV avec détecteur de pluie et allumage automatique des feux de croisement
Pack lumière
Pack M-Sport
Pare-vent
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur réglable jour/nuit automatique
Volant multifonctions
Pack M-Sport
Baguettes intérieures in alu silver
Equipement en tissu/sensatec
Jantes à rayons double-croisés 207 M, en alliage léger 17J avec pneus
Shadow Line brillante
Peinture métallisée
Phares bi-xénon avec installation de lave-phares
Porte-boissons AV
Pré-équipement pour cellulaire avec système mains libres (Bluetooth)
Prééquipement pour chargeur CD
Radio BMW Professional
Régulateur de vitesse
Rétroviseur intérieur et extérieur réglables jour/nuit automatiques
Rétroviseurs extérieurs droite et gauche chauffables, réglables et rabattables électriquement
Sièges AV à réglage électrique, siège conducteur avec memory
Système d'alarme antivol
Système de navigation Professional
Système haut-parleurs HiFi
Télécommande audio au volant

[how can i insert picture form my email?]
You need to save the picture from an email to your computer, possibly reduce the size (in pixels) for posting, then insert it into your post with the icon in "advanced posting" that looks like a paperclip

Most of what you have listed as options is more or less standard, however significant comments I can make include:

(1) Adaptive Headlights -- these can be very expensive to fix if they break, think thousands of Swiss Francs;

(2) Car does not appear to have the upgraded Harmon Kardon Stereo. I have the regular stereo in my 135i coupe, and it is noticeably inferior to the HK audio in my other two, 1-Series cars. How important this is to you is something that only you can decide;

(3) Park Distance Control -- this will be VERY NICE to have in a 1-Series convertible. My convertible does not have this, and visibility out the rear when the top is up is really "minable" in these 1-Series convertibles;

I am wondering if this is a correct list of options for this vehicle, as opposed to being a list of all options that were AVAILABLE in this vehicle. The reason I am saying this is that on one line it says the car has "Equipement en tissu/cuir," and on another it says it mentions "Sensetac."

Cuir is leather, and Sensetac is BMW's name for plastic upholstery. I am getting the impression from this listing that it is not really the car for sale, rather a downloaded, French language listing of all the options available for this car.

Personally speaking, I don't care for plastic upholstery and would not buy a car with it. In addition, especially where you live, why would you want to buy one of these cars with an automatic transmission?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Matticus91
Captain
104
Rep
661
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (2)

23000CHF (which is pretty close in USD) seems a bit steep for that car, but again it's hard to compare prices in a different country. Is that 23000CHF out the door or before taxes and other fees?
__________________
-Matt
"Tobias" 2013 Carbon Black 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • cp-e Charge Pipe • CF Spoiler • Berk Street Axle-Back

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

1- i have no idea about adaptive headlights, do they last longer?, do they break easy?

2- ya i dont think he have the Harmon Kardon stereo, i never listen to one, i cant tell if i like one it more, and if it matter in a real way to a 135 choice.

3- it have Park Distance Control

i have no ideia of what sensetac is, can you tell by the pictures if it is leather or sensetac?

It will be my first car, i have drove one toyota corrola 1972 coupe last years and lately a golf 4 180000 klm, and i am looking for a nice car that i can enjoy and re-sell in 1 year or less, or more and dont lose to much money or maybe make some or dont make and dont lose.

I never dive a automatic transmition but i read so much nice things and have see some videos in youtube that i wan to try it.

Matticus91: i dont know if it is out the door or before taxes, i have 0 experience in buying cars, i will investigate that.

also, i look in the biggest site for used cars in switzerland, and i compare price and klm and the other ones dont seen to me to have a better klm/price relation

look: http://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/voiture...&yearfrom=2011

and this one have navigation, what i belive can be a plus when re-selling

i may be wrong, but as i am looking for a 135i, -100000klm with nav, and close to 20k more people can also being looking for.

can you tell the options by looking at the pictures?
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #8
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Are that the M seats everyone say it's important to have?
{omg i'm so noob i need to get good fast }

Last edited by lapacity; 07-14-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
champignon
Captain
United_States
159
Rep
904
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;135i;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

If you can get the VIN (vehicle identification number) then you can look up the actual car's configuration, such as whether it has leather or plastic (Sensatec) upholstery. The sales linking you gave did not list the VIN.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #10
Matticus91
Captain
104
Rep
661
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
If you can get the VIN (vehicle identification number) then you can look up the actual car's configuration, such as whether it has leather or plastic (Sensatec) upholstery. The sales linking you gave did not list the VIN.
Definitely do this.
__________________
-Matt
"Tobias" 2013 Carbon Black 135i ///M-Sport 6MT • cp-e Charge Pipe • CF Spoiler • Berk Street Axle-Back

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
NorthernDancer
Captain
37
Rep
701
Posts

Drives: 325iX & 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

Maintenance records are very important; if seller has them it's very good. If he/she does not, then maybe they are trying to hide something.

Search around your city and try to talk with someone who already owns a 135
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Vin: Wbaun71000vm20139

So, what do you guys think? What did I need to look at?
And, the car have m seats?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMWVIN_WBAUN71000VM20139.pdf (20.6 KB, 15 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
Esteban
Colonel
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
417
Rep
2,477
Posts

Drives: Because I'm Driven
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapacity View Post
Vin: Wbaun71000vm20139

So, what do you guys think? What did I need to look at?
And, the car have m seats?
The VIN shows the car has the sport seats (option 481) which are part of the M Sport package (option 337). These are the seats you want to have.
__________________
2011 E82 N55 135i M Sport / 7-SP DCT / LeMans Blue / Black Boston Leather / Dinan S2 / BMW PS / PE / LCI Blacklines / 313s / Pirelli P Zeros 225/255
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
lapacity
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Don't have one yet
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Romont Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Nice I will arrange a meeting to se the car, if there is something else I need to check wen I see the car please tell me.
I'm getting excited for finally be part of this community
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #15
Esteban
Colonel
Esteban's Avatar
United_States
417
Rep
2,477
Posts

Drives: Because I'm Driven
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Dackelone is a great resource regarding the options on the 1 series. Maybe he can chime in if you have more questions.
__________________
2011 E82 N55 135i M Sport / 7-SP DCT / LeMans Blue / Black Boston Leather / Dinan S2 / BMW PS / PE / LCI Blacklines / 313s / Pirelli P Zeros 225/255
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.




1addicts
1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST