BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Today, 09:42 AM   #1
BHammzy

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Headlights After Washing

So I've been having some problems going on with my headlights. I washed my car a couple weeks ago and the passenger side headlight went out. I drove around with it out for a little bit and then washed my car again last night. After washing it I drove to where I needed to go and everything seemed fine. After leaving where I was to go home I turn on my headlights to realize both of them don't work and I was pretty much left to drive home with nothing. Any idea of why this would be happening?
BHammzy is offline   United_States
      Today, 09:58 AM   #2
TwinTurboXI
Major

Drives: 2011 135i

Have you changed any of your light bulbs in your headlights? Most likely you, or the previous owner did not put the covers back on correctly and water got into both your lights.
      Today, 11:12 AM   #3
Overpar56
Old, one foot in the grave but still drive fast.

Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
Have you changed any of your light bulbs in your headlights? Most likely you, or the previous owner did not put the covers back on correctly and water got into both your lights.
+1. That's the first place I would look, especially if you went with LED angel eyes. The ballasts are quite big.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, M Sport, Premium, iPhone, HK surround, Cree 6k angel eyes, BMW performance exhaust, PPK1 & Michelin PSS tires.
      Today, 01:28 PM   #4
BHammzy

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Alright cool thanks a lot and if that is to be the case then what do you guys suggest on doing just replacing the entire headlight assembly?
BHammzy is offline   United_States