BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #1321
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
I'm new here. Here is my 135is. I bought a new G37 last November and regretted it within a week. Up until that point I had been driving Saab 9000 and 9-5 Aeros exclusively. I traded the Infiniti for the 135 and took a $6K hit (which didn't seem all that bad) in mid July. I can't describe how much I like this car.

John

OK, I was going to upload the pics but my images are on my computer which doesn't have a URL. How do you upload pics here?

Also, BTW, after spending 20 years in the Navy I can assure you that Navy Blue is actually 'black'
Hey John,

Welcome and we'd love to see it, so if you go to edit your post, click on the GO ADVANCED button down below and then you'll see a paperclip to attach the files from your computer. You can then upload them that way and we can see her in all her glory.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1322
mosspa
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Hey John,

Welcome and we'd love to see it, so if you go to edit your post, click on the GO ADVANCED button down below and then you'll see a paperclip to attach the files from your computer. You can then upload them that way and we can see her in all her glory.
Thanks, I don't know why I didn't see that before!
mosspa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #1323
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
Thanks, I don't know why I didn't see that before!
Ooh, car looks great! Another mineral grey! Can't quite tell for sure from the last pic, but looks like you have savannah beige interior? Or is it oyster? Looks more like savannah beige. If so, I reckon your car will be a twin to Chunner's on here and quite rare.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #1324
mosspa
Registered
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ooh, car looks great! Another mineral grey! Can't quite tell for sure from the last pic, but looks like you have savannah beige interior? Or is it oyster? Looks more like savannah beige. If so, I reckon your car will be a twin to Chunner's on here and quite rare.
It's oyster. The interior photo is pretty shitty, it's just what happened to be in my phone. Deciding on the color combination was hard for me. This is south Florida and the car color has to be taken into consideration. The last Saab 9000 Aero I had was black with a beige interior. I was living in Dayton then so the heat and sun weren't that bad of a problem. I did hate the constant cleaning of that car, though. My last 9-5 Aero (that I still have) was silver with dark grey interior. That car heats up in the sun down here, and since the 135 gets the garage port, the Saab is like an oven in the late morning. Taking what I had learned into account, I decided to try Silver and a white interior for the Infiniti. Even when parked in the open for hours, that car was tolerable. My friend drives a black A5 with a light interior and he said that he thought that the interior color is the more significant contributor to overall interior heating. So, deciding not to buy another silver car, and not wanting to deal with nearly daily cleaning of a black car, I compromised with the mineral grey. Which was a very happy compromise. I love this car!
mosspa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #1325
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
It's oyster. The interior photo is pretty shitty, it's just what happened to be in my phone. Deciding on the color combination was hard for me. This is south Florida and the car color has to be taken into consideration. The last Saab 9000 Aero I had was black with a beige interior. I was living in Dayton then so the heat and sun weren't that bad of a problem. I did hate the constant cleaning of that car, though. My last 9-5 Aero (that I still have) was silver with dark grey interior. That car heats up in the sun down here, and since the 135 gets the garage port, the Saab is like an oven in the late morning. Taking what I had learned into account, I decided to try Silver and a white interior for the Infiniti. Even when parked in the open for hours, that car was tolerable. My friend drives a black A5 with a light interior and he said that he thought that the interior color is the more significant contributor to overall interior heating. So, deciding not to buy another silver car, and not wanting to deal with nearly daily cleaning of a black car, I compromised with the mineral grey. Which was a very happy compromise. I love this car!
I hear you, and these things REALLY seem to heat up more than any other car I've had it seems. I even tinted my windshield with a special 80% tint meant for windshields mostly as it it's very light but has a lot of heat rejection in every effort to try to cut down on how bad it gets. If it's still too hot in there, you might consider going that route as well. Hard for me to tell how much it helps though in comparison to without it since I had it put on first thing the next morning after getting the car in scorching 95 degree heat the afternoon before.

Also, RikMsport on here just picked up his mineral grey with oyster, too. Personally I love the mineral grey as I considered a black and carbon black, but don't have the patience, energy, or time these days to treat the black paint the way it should be to look its best. Car looks awesome. Welcome to the party on here.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #1326
Bama335
Lieutenant
 
Bama335's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E82 135is '12 135 E88 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dixie

Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
Mine look more like Greg's first pic. More like the color of the stitching on the dark blue border pics in Greg's second pics.

I compared the new set to the originals that came with the car, they are the same shade of blue.

As my car is July 2013 production, I don't know if the earlier production dates had a different shade
Bama335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1327
IEDEI
collapsing & relaxing.
 
IEDEI's Avatar
 
Drives: L'Orange 1M
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Posts: 2,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
I'm new here. Here is my 135is. I bought a new G37 last November and regretted it within a week. Up until that point I had been driving Saab 9000 and 9-5 Aeros exclusively. I traded the Infiniti for the 135 and took a $6K hit (which didn't seem all that bad) in mid July. I can't describe how much I like this car.

John

Also, BTW, after spending 20 years in the Navy I can assure you that Navy Blue is actually 'black'

congratulations!! beautiful car, sir!
__________________
BMW 1M (VO, #374/740)
Audi TT 225 quattro coupe

BMW 135is (sold)

IEDEI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #1328
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
I compared the new set to the originals that came with the car, they are the same shade of blue.

As my car is July 2013 production, I don't know if the earlier production dates had a different shade
Just to follow up on the whole blue-edged floormat thing, after seeing pics of Bama's originals and extra set, I think it's safe to say that at SOME POINT, not sure when, I think BMW changed the shade of blue in the floormats and maybe even the stitching in the leather, too, to a slightly darker blue.

So, looks like people who may have had build dates in July or later would have had the darker blue put in their car from the factory, so they'll match the sets being sold now. But, if you have the earlier, brighter blue and try to order an extra set, it won't match and will be a darker blue.

Interesting....weird...but interesting. Guess nothing surprises me when it comes to doing things a standard way when it comes to these IS's. But we love them nonetheless.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #1329
RickMsport
Captain
 
RickMsport's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 135is... #475/586
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
I'm new here. Here is my 135is. I bought a new G37 last November and regretted it within a week. Up until that point I had been driving Saab 9000 and 9-5 Aeros exclusively. I traded the Infiniti for the 135 and took a $6K hit (which didn't seem all that bad) in mid July. I can't describe how much I like this car.
Welcome John! Nice car! I also moved from a G37 into a Mineral Grey / Oyster 135is. I enjoyed the Infiniti, but certainly haven't missed it for a moment since getting the 135is. From a convenience standpoint, the Infiniti's auto memory seat settings letting you in and out of the car was nice, the comfort access worked better, and the Bose 'studio on wheels' sound system was better than the HK. But on the positive side for the 135is: engine, steering, handling, exhaust, fun to drive factor, etc. I think we made the right choice!!!
__________________
E82 '13 135is 475/586 Aug 29 2013 PCD - Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, heated seats, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension, Whiteline rear subframe inserts, LCI Blacklines, SS pedal pads
RickMsport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #1330
RickMsport
Captain
 
RickMsport's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 135is... #475/586
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
It's oyster. The interior photo is pretty shitty, it's just what happened to be in my phone. Deciding on the color combination was hard for me. This is south Florida and the car color has to be taken into consideration. The last Saab 9000 Aero I had was black with a beige interior. I was living in Dayton then so the heat and sun weren't that bad of a problem. I did hate the constant cleaning of that car, though. My last 9-5 Aero (that I still have) was silver with dark grey interior. That car heats up in the sun down here, and since the 135 gets the garage port, the Saab is like an oven in the late morning. Taking what I had learned into account, I decided to try Silver and a white interior for the Infiniti. Even when parked in the open for hours, that car was tolerable. My friend drives a black A5 with a light interior and he said that he thought that the interior color is the more significant contributor to overall interior heating. So, deciding not to buy another silver car, and not wanting to deal with nearly daily cleaning of a black car, I compromised with the mineral grey. Which was a very happy compromise. I love this car!
Seems that you and I went through the same thought process and used similar criteria to choose exterior and interior colors. Last time the build numbers were posted, only 9 135is's had the Mineral Grey/Oyster combination.

On the Oyster interior, I think it has helped control the heat buildup in the car. Window tint also made a significant difference. The Oyster also does a great job of brightening up the cabin and provide a nice contrast with all of the black interior elements. Beware of dirt and stains however... I ended up with dirty scuff marks from tint installation, and a lot of dirt on the driver's seating surfaces when I brought it to the dealer for oil chance and installation of Michelin PSSs. That process took two visits. When I complained during the first visit, the Service Manager cleaned the seat himself. During the next visit on the following day, the seat was really dirty... you can imagine the conversation with the Service Manager who personally cleaned the seat himself only 24 hours before...
Attached Images
 
__________________
E82 '13 135is 475/586 Aug 29 2013 PCD - Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, heated seats, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension, Whiteline rear subframe inserts, LCI Blacklines, SS pedal pads
RickMsport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #1331
Worra
Captain
 
Worra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikMsport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
It's oyster. The interior photo is pretty shitty, it's just what happened to be in my phone. Deciding on the color combination was hard for me. This is south Florida and the car color has to be taken into consideration. The last Saab 9000 Aero I had was black with a beige interior. I was living in Dayton then so the heat and sun weren't that bad of a problem. I did hate the constant cleaning of that car, though. My last 9-5 Aero (that I still have) was silver with dark grey interior. That car heats up in the sun down here, and since the 135 gets the garage port, the Saab is like an oven in the late morning. Taking what I had learned into account, I decided to try Silver and a white interior for the Infiniti. Even when parked in the open for hours, that car was tolerable. My friend drives a black A5 with a light interior and he said that he thought that the interior color is the more significant contributor to overall interior heating. So, deciding not to buy another silver car, and not wanting to deal with nearly daily cleaning of a black car, I compromised with the mineral grey. Which was a very happy compromise. I love this car!
Seems that you and I went through the same thought process and used similar criteria to choose exterior and interior colors. Last time the build numbers were posted, only 9 135is's had the Mineral Grey/Oyster combination.

On the Oyster interior, I think it has helped control the heat buildup in the car. Window tint also made a significant difference. The Oyster also does a great job of brightening up the cabin and provide a nice contrast with all of the black interior elements. Beware of dirt and stains however... I ended up with dirty scuff marks from tint installation, and a lot of dirt on the driver's seating surfaces when I brought it to the dealer for oil chance and installation of Michelin PSSs. That process took two visits. When I complained during the first visit, the Service Manager cleaned the seat himself. During the next visit on the following day, the seat was really dirty... you can imagine the conversation with the Service Manager who personally cleaned the seat himself only 24 hours before...
This was one of my other motivations for getting the black leather. My last 2 cars have all had taupe leather and man, does it dirty up easily. Of course, I'm going to need to get a window tint right away, and be diligent about using a sunshade because this car is going to get HOT.
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 135is (526/586)
2009 Monaco Blue 328i - Sold
2000 VW Passat - Sold
1990 Calypso Red 325i - Died
Worra is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #1332
owen2001
Lieutenant
 
owen2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 442
iTrader: (11)

Got my first compliment today!

Just walked out of the bank and a guy was getting out of a new, white 2013 S4 V6. He looked at my car and said, "Dude. Sick car, bro."

LOL. Nice!

Granted, I've only got 450 miles on this thing and haven't had it out much, but that's the first time anyone's said anything to me about it.

Anyway, thought I'd re-post this pic since I'm going to be switching out the brake kit soon. I'm switching to the BMW kit with yellow calipers and drilled/slotted rotors in the front and dimpled/slotted rotors in the rear. I'll post a new pic of the car when it's done

owen2001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #1333
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
Just walked out of the bank and a guy was getting out of a new, white 2013 S4 V6. He looked at my car and said, "Dude. Sick car, bro."

LOL. Nice!

Granted, I've only got 450 miles on this thing and haven't had it out much, but that's the first time anyone's said anything to me about it.

Anyway, thought I'd re-post this pic since I'm going to be switching out the brake kit soon. I'm switching to the BMW kit with yellow calipers and drilled/slotted rotors in the front and dimpled/slotted rotors in the rear. I'll post a new pic of the car when it's done
Ha! You let him hear it, too, or drive it past him as you left?

Can't wait to see pics with the new brake kit.

I forget, is yours jet black? I'm asking for Worra since his black sapphire metallic is arriving soon and we don't have any of those really represented on here.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1334
owen2001
Lieutenant
 
owen2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 442
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ha! You let him hear it, too, or drive it past him as you left?

Can't wait to see pics with the new brake kit.

I forget, is yours jet black?
I would have let him hear it, but he had already gone inside. His new, white S4 was certainly nice. If they made that in a 2-door 6MT, I would have considered it.

Mine is jet black. I'll post the pics as soon as I get it done (might even be as soon as Thursday).
owen2001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #1335
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
I would have let him hear it, but he had already gone inside. His new, white S4 was certainly nice. If they made that in a 2-door 6MT, I would have considered it.

Mine is jet black. I'll post the pics as soon as I get it done (might even be as soon as Thursday).
Well that in a 2-door 6MT is the S5, which I had and can tell you, I enjoy my IS a lot more, and it was $15k cheaper. And that was the last of the V8 S5s, too.

Your car looks great and going to make me go wash mine in the next couple of days. =P
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1336
owen2001
Lieutenant
 
owen2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 442
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Well that in a 2-door 6MT is the S5, which I had and can tell you, I enjoy my IS a lot more, and it was $15k cheaper. And that was the last of the V8 S5s, too.

Your car looks great and going to make me go wash mine in the next couple of days. =P
Thanks! But just b/w you and me, it's filthy right now

The S5 was just too big for my needs (or wants?). And tack on the additional price tag. I agree 100%.
owen2001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1337
Worra
Captain
 
Worra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
Thanks! But just b/w you and me, it's filthy right now

The S5 was just too big for my needs (or wants?). And tack on the additional price tag. I agree 100%.
Oh man, fantastic car. I'm taking delivery of my BSM 135is next week and seeing yours is just making the wait even tougher!
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 135is (526/586)
2009 Monaco Blue 328i - Sold
2000 VW Passat - Sold
1990 Calypso Red 325i - Died
Worra is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #1338
owen2001
Lieutenant
 
owen2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 442
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
Oh man, fantastic car. I'm taking delivery of my BSM 135is next week and seeing yours is just making the wait even tougher!
If I were you, I'd be pacing around the house and having difficulty sleeping

You're gonna love it. The only problem is that you have to take it easy for the first 1,200. That, in itself, is a huge challenge. I have barely gone above 3,000 rpms in my first 450 miles, and have definitely not gone above 4,000. Even then, it absolutely flies. Can't wait to see pix.
owen2001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #1339
Worra
Captain
 
Worra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
If I were you, I'd be pacing around the house and having difficulty sleeping

You're gonna love it. The only problem is that you have to take it easy for the first 1,200. That, in itself, is a huge challenge. I have barely gone above 3,000 rpms in my first 450 miles, and have definitely not gone above 4,000. Even then, it absolutely flies. Can't wait to see pix.
I'm trying to contain myself. Work has been absolutely nuts so that has kept me busy for the most part. I've got 6-10 days before I pick it up. Anyhow, enough of me here, as I have no pics to share.......yet.
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 135is (526/586)
2009 Monaco Blue 328i - Sold
2000 VW Passat - Sold
1990 Calypso Red 325i - Died
Worra is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #1340
gregthegr8
Colonel
 
gregthegr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 135is
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 2,792
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worra View Post
I'm trying to contain myself. Work has been absolutely nuts so that has kept me busy for the most part. I've got 6-10 days before I pick it up. Anyhow, enough of me here, as I have no pics to share.......yet.
I like that we have been and are able to track your mindset and level of craziness over the months on here.

And see, I even asked which black that was for you since I knew you'd want to know. Curious how you guys decide which black suits you better. For the first 10 years of driving I owned all black cars, but never a metallic black.

Anyways, I don't think the break-in is that hard considering the car flies as you said Owen even between like 2-3k rpm. I guess it's harder with a manual as the DCT rows through those gears so quickly it's hard to get the RPMs up unless you put it in the DS mode or shift "manually."

It'll be here before you know it Worra. Then you can share all the pictures you want.
gregthegr8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #1341
IEDEI
collapsing & relaxing.
 
IEDEI's Avatar
 
Drives: L'Orange 1M
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Posts: 2,578
iTrader: (0)

that black 135is looks amazing, Owen!!
__________________
BMW 1M (VO, #374/740)
Audi TT 225 quattro coupe

BMW 135is (sold)

IEDEI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #1342
Worra
Captain
 
Worra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
that black 135is looks amazing, Owen!!
I think the black hides that oh-so-polarizing downward curve on the side of the car a bit. Makes it looks a little more streamlined.
__________________
2013 Black Sapphire 135is (526/586)
2009 Monaco Blue 328i - Sold
2000 VW Passat - Sold
1990 Calypso Red 325i - Died
Worra is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST