BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
splitsecond
Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Aftermarket fender and widebody options

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of minor damage to my fenders because the previous owner caused a few dents and paint chips while trying to roll the fenders. So I was thinking that I could replace them with something a bit more in line with my tastes rather than direct OEM replacements. I was just hoping for suggestions... here's what I've considered:

1. M3-style fenders from Schmiedmann - looks cool and the price is fairly reasonable ($800ish), but I can't find any details about them anywhere.

2. Widebody kit from ER - decent choice, but I'm concerned that the fiberglass construction will be cheap-ish. Also, i think I might just prefer the appearance of my OEM M-sport bumper.

3. Widebody kit from Prior - definitely the coolest-looking option, but way out of my price range (unless I can find it used). Also, I don't want to seem like I'm just copying the 1M.

4. The "Duraflex" vented fenders - fairly inexpensive, but I haven't seen any pictures of them on a real car, so I'm concerned that they're probably crap.

5. OEM-style fenders - it would work, of course... but it feels like a wasted opportunity.

Anything that I haven't considered yet?
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
splitsecond
Space Admiral
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Anybody?
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 440i GC

i'd like to know as well.. im more interested in over fenders
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
circa
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 135i AW

I'm going 1M front all OEM parts and getting my sideskirts matched up to the 1m front fenders. eventually i will do the rear fenders too but not for a year or two
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Wait a little bit. More and more folks are going wide body so you'll be see more options.

Personally, it's go wide or nothing so those Schmiedmann fenders are no go. The route that looks most affordable at this time looks like OEM bumpers, fenders and skirts and custom metal wide body for the rear quarters.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
splitsecond
Space Admiral
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I'll probably leave the rear end as is (with rolled fenders) and run something like 245 tires in the front and 265 in the back. I'll do a 1M front end conversion, but I think I might wait until it's a bit warmer outside so that I can put summer tires on it.
Appreciate 0