BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
ONDEMAND
TORQUE

Drives: with 3 pedals

BMW Car Corral | Petit Le Mans | Road Atlanta

So the Petit Le Mans is coming up at Road Atlanta - October 1-4.

I will be there Thrusday through Saturday.

Who is going?

This is the last and final race of the TUSC championship and is a 10 hour | 1,000 mile race on one of the worlds best road courses. The team RLL z4's and the Turner Motorsports z4 will be running the 10 hour event on saturday.

Firday will have the Continental Tire races where turner, bimmer world, and many other BMW teams will be racing their M3's, 128's, and 328's in the Grand sport and street tuner class.

Also their are tons of supporting races during thursday and friday including the 911 gt3 cup, prototype lites (my favorite) and several Lambo and MX-5 specific sprint races.

If you have never been you owe it to yourself to go. Its is the most awesome thing to witness and you will see some amazing street cars new and vintage, of all marques. Not to mention last year I scored a hot lap in the new M5 with a driver form the BMW performance center. Drifiting corners and drafting at 140mph on the back straight!

The peachtree chapter of the BMW CCA will have their car corral as usual with all the amenities included.

http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/index.php

Information on the race can be found here:

http://www.roadatlanta.com/petit-le-mans-road-atlanta

I hope to see some of you guys there. I will be parked in the BMW corral.

So who is going????????
      09-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
ONDEMAND
TORQUE

phf,.....pf.....(taps mic)

Is this thing on?
      09-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
fcman
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 135i DCT

I'll probably be there Saturday with some buddies. May stop by the BMW corral but we'll probably be driving up in a Mazdaspeed 3 so we can fit the tent and food.
      09-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
ONDEMAND
TORQUE

I knew there were some 1'ers who like real racing!

We will be camping on the Esses as usual. I will fly a BMW flag from my camp so come on by and we can talk shop, have a cold one, and listen to the phenomenal sound of those GT cars flying through the Esses!
      09-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
fcman
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Nice, last time we set up at the braking zone for t6. Usually not as crowded back there and we are late sleepers so we need to be able to show up late and still have room for the tent
      Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #6
ONDEMAND
TORQUE

Just a little taste. These are the Prototype Lites which race Thursday and Friday as a supporting race to the actual 10-Hr | 1,000 Mile Petit Le Mans on Saturday. These cars are open cockpit, carbon fiber mono chassis weighing 1,200 lbs with a 200+ HP 4cyl. They will hit 175 mph and can handle 3g's lateral grip in the corners! Makes my 135 seem like prius

[u2b]
[/u2b]

Now tell me again why more of you are not going to Road Atlanta this weekend???