BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Mika
Private
 
Drives: Silber und schnell
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Between throttle and brake, CA

Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Fair price for 2012 135i?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a AW 2012 135i with 6000 miles on it. The car has DCT, m sport, premium and cold weather package and the upgraded audio (not the HK one). According to the dealer it also has the BMW PPK which should it give 320HP (I couldn't care less honestly). Their lowest price is $36,500 which makes it $39700 OTD. Is this a fair price? They initially advertised the car for $38.999 about 2 weeks ago when I negotiated my price but since yesterday they dropped the price to 36,999. Should I try to negotiate more or just accept the price?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Mika; 12-06-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Mika is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
RWD4Life
Second Lieutenant
 
RWD4Life's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 MINI
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on a AW 2012 135i with 6000 miles on it. The car has DCT, m sport, premium and cold weather package and the upgraded audio (not the HK one). According to the dealer it also has the BMW PPK which should it give 320HP (I couldn't care less honestly). Their lowest price is $35,500 which makes it $39700 OTD. Is this a fair price? They initially advertised the car for $38.999 about 2 weeks ago when I negotiated my price but since yesterday they dropped the price to 35,999. Should I try to negotiate more or just accept the price?

Thanks for your input.
Double check the value of this car relatives to similar cars listed online for sale. Also compare the price they gave you to KBB, Nada, etc. prices and you should have a good range for what you are supposed to pay. As far as negotiations go, be very prepared when talking to then, never back down, always ask for more and you should be in good shape. They have something you want (135) and you have something they want (money) so this should work out.
RWD4Life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Mika
Private
 
Drives: Silber und schnell
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Between throttle and brake, CA

Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD4Life View Post
Double check the value of this car relatives to similar cars listed online for sale. Also compare the price they gave you to KBB, Nada, etc. prices and you should have a good range for what you are supposed to pay. As far as negotiations go, be very prepared when talking to then, never back down, always ask for more and you should be in good shape. They have something you want (135) and you have something they want (money) so this should work out.
I checked KBB and NADA and my price seems good (well below their retail used price). Comparing to other listings the price is good as well. But those are asking prices. I want to see what other people paid for their used 135.

Last edited by Mika; 12-06-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Mika is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Gman57
New Member
 
Drives: Lemans Blue 135i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Keller, Texas

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

I pick up my 135i 2 weeks ago, Le Mans blue, DCT, black grills originally sold 4/12 and only had 1907 miles....out the door was 36400.
Gman57 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Mika
Private
 
Drives: Silber und schnell
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Between throttle and brake, CA

Posts: 53
iTrader: (1)

You have to tell me how you did that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman57 View Post
I pick up my 135i 2 weeks ago, Le Mans blue, DCT, black grills originally sold 4/12 and only had 1907 miles....out the door was 36400.
Mika is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
Gman57
New Member
 
Drives: Lemans Blue 135i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Keller, Texas

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

right place right time, end of month they wanted sale numbers. Also the dash had some damage just above center 2 vents, looks like previous owner glued a mount for a GPS there, so I ordered the BMW storage compartment cut out the area on the dash installed unit and it looks perfect. Also in the brake cooling ducts it looked like owner tried to cut out the vertical support and the dealer replaced them at no charge. My 135i is basic with just the DCT, Le Mans blu color which gave me the M sport pkg and black grill.
Gman57 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
Tom_135i
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great Republic

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

There is always room for negotation, they say it's only so much money but its your money, if you like go for it. Good luck!
Tom_135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST