BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
willox
Private First Class
Scotland
2
Rep
171
Posts

 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Cheers folks! Picked it up from Eastern M Power in Edinburgh. Awesome garage with a fair selection of M cars! The Orange one came in around the same time as mine and both were sold within the week.



Nice one, I love the mini's like. Thankfully this 1 came with a full set of summer & winter tyres, just got the winters on the other day and impressed!



Decent! Aye will have to keep an eye out for you. Looking to do a few trackdays and a spa/ring weekend but first I need to learn how to steer from the rear properly, first rwd. Caught me out a few times in the black ice!

Willox and Evo's rings a bell haha. Pretty sure you were at a trackday last year I was at in an R26R, if it's you then you are some pilot!



Evolve and their products are spot on. Had a few dealings with Imran in the past for Mini related goods and no complaints
hahah,nice one,thats me that was at Knockhill with the R26R on two wheels most of the time,enjoy the 1M,still getting upto it myself,been in some shapesthink the 1 would be awesome to drift round Knockhill,cant wait.Few of us heading to Ring+Spa next May if u fancy it,hopefully catch up at some point
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
oystero
Lieutenant
Australia
6
Rep
441
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Congrats and welcome
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
MGL9X
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M (at last!)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Perth

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations on the new car! Didn't think the dealer was John Clark...

You picked the best colour but maybe not for driving in Aberdeen...ok if you like washing it every other day?

I can still recall going down Anderson Drive backwards in my E46 M3 a good few years back so watch the back end especially at this time of year.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
Denso
Captain
Denso's Avatar
18
Rep
820
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gods Country Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Congrats and welcome to the AW 1M club, everybody knows its the fastest colour Nice to see another East coast 1M. Glad to hear that Eastern were good to deal with, never dealt with them but they did call me last year trying to buy the 1M. Happy motoring
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
RKR
Private
United Kingdom
1
Rep
95
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
hahah,nice one,thats me that was at Knockhill with the R26R on two wheels most of the time,enjoy the 1M,still getting upto it myself,been in some shapesthink the 1 would be awesome to drift round Knockhill,cant wait.Few of us heading to Ring+Spa next May if u fancy it,hopefully catch up at some point
That thing was mental haha, love it

Will definitely be keen for ring+spa! Took the mini to the ring earlier on in the year and have been meaning to get back since. Something like the circuit days or MLR days would be a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGL9X View Post
Congratulations on the new car! Didn't think the dealer was John Clark...

You picked the best colour but maybe not for driving in Aberdeen...ok if you like washing it every other day?

I can still recall going down Anderson Drive backwards in my E46 M3 a good few years back so watch the back end especially at this time of year.
Cheers. Your right about white, it's a cnut. I think it looks better dirty though and more 'used' so to speak...not really into the whole detailing tbh

Anderson drive backwards haha, thats some effort! Keeping it safe in the well lit areas for now.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
RKR
Private
United Kingdom
1
Rep
95
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

iTrader: (0)

Took the car over the local mountain passes yesterday to blow the cobwebs off, with it being the festive period the roads were dead which was an absolute hit!

I chose to head up and over the A93 through Ballater, Braemar, the Cairngorms national park and finally through the snow gates approaching Glenshee. This road is absolutely fantastic as it snakes along a valley floor between the hills. Very high speeds are easily obtainable and with a view well in excess of a mile you can happily use both sides of the sweeping road. Many very long straight's followed by bumpy and horrificly jumpy stretch's that are scarred with the marks of many sumps. The A93 is a road of extreme contrasts.

It's the first proper blast I've managed to have in the car and it's a proper wee weapon. Can't wait for the summer months now, temperatures yesterday were struggling to get >2c so it was a little slippy!

Brakes got a good roasting.











Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
willox
Private First Class
Scotland
2
Rep
171
Posts

 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

iTrader: (0)

Tidy,some ace roads we have my car is on sorn at the momment,proper tempted for a burn tho
Glenshee road is a blast,last done it in the Evo,great when its empty!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
mlhj83's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR
Took the car over the local mountain passes yesterday to blow the cobwebs off, with it being the festive period the roads were dead which was an absolute hit!

I chose to head up and over the A93 through Ballater, Braemar, the Cairngorms national park and finally through the snow gates approaching Glenshee. This road is absolutely fantastic as it snakes along a valley floor between the hills. Very high speeds are easily obtainable and with a view well in excess of a mile you can happily use both sides of the sweeping road. Many very long straight's followed by bumpy and horrificly jumpy stretch's that are scarred with the marks of many sumps. The A93 is a road of extreme contrasts.

It's the first proper blast I've managed to have in the car and it's a proper wee weapon. Can't wait for the summer months now, temperatures yesterday were struggling to get >2c so it was a little slippy!

Brakes got a good roasting.











Great to see the car being used as intended! Cairngorms is a great drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
VSmotorsports's Avatar
56
Rep
1,633
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
very nice and congrats on the new purchase
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
135IS
Captain
Canada
10
Rep
740
Posts

 
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: t.o

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 135i  [3.50]
Congrats! i picked one up a couple months ago myself
__________________
LMB 135i: Gone
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #33
Smiley1175
Captain
Smiley1175's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
677
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

That's got to be some of the best photos of a 1M I've seen. Love how it's so clear you've enjoyed the car and the scenery looks fantastic.
Congrats on the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
That's got to be some of the best photos of a 1M I've seen. Love how it's so clear you've enjoyed the car and the scenery looks fantastic.
Congrats on the car.


Excellent pictures of an excellent car. Still using summers(PS2) I see?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
It8ntez
Is this thing on?
It8ntez's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Texas

iTrader: (0)

Fantastic second set of pictures. Will be saving those. Your 1M looks happy.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #36
RKR
Private
United Kingdom
1
Rep
95
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post


Excellent pictures of an excellent car. Still using summers(PS2) I see?

Cheers
Robin
Thanks. Tyres are Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's

Unfortunately knackered one the other day on a pothole though, not so good.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
Shost
Second Lieutenant
Shost's Avatar
5
Rep
276
Posts

 
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Essex

iTrader: (0)

Ouch. Big risk of enjoying these cars in the winter months. Hope nothing else was bent?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #38
RKR
Private
United Kingdom
1
Rep
95
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

iTrader: (0)

Took the car for it's first track outing on Friday at Oulton Park. I was very surprised at just how well the car performed being standard. It's currently OEM bar some Ferodo DS2500's & Millers 300+ fluid.

I had a guy I know called Adam Foster along for tuition, he helped a great deal with gaining confidence in the car and understanding how to properly approach the corners and such with the rwd chassis. Recommended to anyone looking for a bit of tuition - Adam Foster - Tuition.

The car definitely needs to be lowered and a little stiffer for the trip to Spa/Ring next month so I hope to get something sorted soon. I will probably go with H&R springs with the OEM dampers being as good as they are. I'd rather go coilovers but it's a significant price difference, coilovers would be alot better though.











Last edited by RKR; 02-25-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #39
Hobbe
Private First Class
Hobbe's Avatar
Sweden
1
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: AW E82 1M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

You're about to pass the GT3 RS me think....
__________________
AW E82 1M, 414 PS/636 Nm
Local tracks more fun than public roads
WWW.BMWSC.COM
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

AW (plus M performance black grille dito here) is the best colour

Nice trackday pics. I have to wait until april 14th to go to Papenburg Mercedes Benz Testtrack Germany (drifting)

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #41
Sarge135
Semper FI!
Sarge135's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
347
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to Sarge135
Welcome and congrats!!!
__________________

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #42
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Thanks. Tyres are Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's

Unfortunately knackered one the other day on a pothole though, not so good.

Did you have it repaired or got a new one/did you use it on the track?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #43
RKR
Private
United Kingdom
1
Rep
95
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aberdeen.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbe View Post
You're about to pass the GT3 RS me think....


To be fair though there were 2 other GT3 RS's that I could not keep with whatsoever, all down to how hard the owner is driving it, the one I passed wasn't fully on the limit. On the straights it was impossible to keep with the Porsche...must be time for a DMS tune then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Did you have it repaired or got a new one/did you use it on the track?

Cheers
Robin
I had the wheel repaired although I plan on picking up another at some point, patiently waiting for a used front to come up on eBay.

Ry.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #44
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: '11 1M '10 M5 '05 M3 '12 CRT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
That's got to be some of the best photos of a 1M I've seen.
Those (with the snow and the dirt) are some of the best pictures of ANY car ...

Great concept. Excellent execution.
From the USA -
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST