BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Jay-K
Colonel
Indonesia

Drives: Slow

1M Misfiring, Vibrating the whole car

So basically i had this problem since i install my akra Catless DP
the engine start vibrating the whole car and even when it drives too!, dealer scanned and it is known that it has misfire on cylinder 1,2,3

so take it out to the dealer and end up changing the injectors, yet it solves the problem a little bit, the problem still occur but only in stand still position and when i press the gas a little bit and rise up the RPM it will disappear. before, when it vibrates the exhaust sound will also be weird and sounds like a muscle car.

it was later known the problem occur if my RPM is under the normal stand-still Rpm, that's why pressing the accelerator seemed to solve the problem.

i am really confuse if this was caused by my Akrapovic system? since other cars doesn't seem to get the problem.

now currently i am daily driving the car and just try to ignore the problem (Hard for me) however it still drives great and awesome.

I'am really confuse on taking it in to the dealer again or no, i just can't have my car spending night at the dealer.
now the car is at the garage spending its holiday time,
i am really confuse on what should i do next? (Currently dealer is ordering me new oxygen sensors)
-is it possible that the car needs a tune?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Dackelone
Germany

Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54

You might have mixed up the 02 sensors. ?

Or you could still have a bad injector(new part doesn't mean its a good part) or bad plugs/coils.

How many miles/kms on your car?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa

Drives: AW 1M

Hey bud,

Does the exhaust sounds like it's pacing?

I have a very similar issue to you and I'm also running akra catless DP(although I doubt that's causing the issue) I have a misfire on cylinders 2 and 3. I have a huge hunch that it is the coils. My 335i had the same symptoms and it was the coils.

I'll be waiting till after new years to sort out the issue as I feel like the dealer might do a bit of a rush job now.
      12-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
1&done
Major
United_States

Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i SOLD  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to 1&done
Is say O2 sensor, coils, maybe still injectors...report back when you know...buddy just had is in for the same reason. He had 1 faulty injector and 1 bad coil at 40k mi. BMW wouldn't replace 1, had to do all injectors. GL
///1M #643 of #740 / Ohlins R&T / AR Design catless DPs / N55 Mids / HPF OCC / ER CP / BMWP Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
Jay-K
Colonel
Indonesia

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
You might have mixed up the 02 sensors. ?

Or you could still have a bad injector(new part doesn't mean its a good part) or bad plugs/coils.

How many miles/kms on your car?
3000, which is very unreasonable.
however yes they are ordering new sensors for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion-Za View Post
Hey bud,

Does the exhaust sounds like it's pacing?

I have a very similar issue to you and I'm also running akra catless DP(although I doubt that's causing the issue) I have a misfire on cylinders 2 and 3. I have a huge hunch that it is the coils. My 335i had the same symptoms and it was the coils.

I'll be waiting till after new years to sort out the issue as I feel like the dealer might do a bit of a rush job now.
wow, so what's your plan, yes the exhaust is pacing like a muscle car, and also engine shaking terribly, when i leave the door open you can see clearly it vibrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Is say O2 sensor, coils, maybe still injectors...report back when you know...buddy just had is in for the same reason. He had 1 faulty injector and 1 bad coil at 40k mi. BMW wouldn't replace 1, had to do all injectors. GL
yeah, got it, just stay updated to this post,

SORRY ALL TO REPLY THIS LATE, HOLIDAYS.. lol
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
drjekl
Captain

Drives: E92 335i

As mentioned earlier its possible when installing the dp's that they mixed up the O2 sensors (put bank 1 sensor on bank 2 and vice versa when placing the o2 sensors back on)

This has been known to give an extremely rough idle, and then smooths out under acceleration if the installer accidentally does this.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
robertm
Captain

Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
As mentioned earlier its possible when installing the dp's that they mixed up the O2 sensors (put bank 1 sensor on bank 2 and vice versa when placing the o2 sensors back on)

This has been known to give an extremely rough idle, and then smooths out under acceleration if the installer accidentally does this.
this
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Artemis
Brigadier General
Belgium

Drives: 1M (VO)

Re-install the original DPs. Maybe that helps.
      01-11-2014, 04:27 AM   #9
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa

Update on my similar issue:

I totally ignored the downpipe codes thinking they were just part of the decat. Turns out I switched the sensors around. I feel like a bit of a Darwin award nominee.
      01-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #10
eeghie
Kind of a Big Deal

Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion-Za View Post
Update on my similar issue:

I totally ignored the downpipe codes thinking they were just part of the decat. Turns out I switched the sensors around. I feel like a bit of a Darwin award nominee.
Only after departing you'd eligible I'm afraid, but your post entitles you a nomination for honesty! THX
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #11
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa

Took the car for a drive this morning and still misfiring. Any news on your car Jay-K?