BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

Coding in the DC Metro Area

Does anyone know where I might be able to find someone that does coding on our vehicles? I'm looking to have the headlight "over voltage" feature turned off for the halo's... Any info is welcomed. Thanks!
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'd also be interested in a little coding meet up
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Guardian
Private
 
Guardian's Avatar
 
Drives: 135is, AW/Coral Red #190/586
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to find someone that does coding on our vehicles? I'm looking to have the headlight "over voltage" feature turned off for the halo's... Any info is welcomed. Thanks!
PM MikeinAlexandria on here, he does coding.

Check this thread for a little info http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698549
Guardian is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

Dark, thanks for the info... I sent him a PM/ Wall post; hopefully he responds back.
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
Dark, thanks for the info... I sent him a PM/ Wall post; hopefully he responds back.
Could you update me on what he says? If it's not too much trouble!
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

No worries Chris, I'll keep you posted!
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Focusedintntions
Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (1)

From what i've heard...Mike may not be responding....He's part of another group and it was reported in there that he passed away from an illness.

I don't know this to be 100% accurate that the two are the same, but I'm guessing based on clues and information I've seen.
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Focusedintntions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

^ damn that sucks...
I might be on to something, so I'll continue to keep you guys posted. I found a guy on Craigslist who has been promoting his coding for some time now. I got the chance to talk to him yesterday and he says that he'll be back in this area shortly after the new year. So once I confirm a date with him I can try to set it up as a "group coding session".
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
 
pinmagic's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (1)

That'd be cool. Keep us informed!
__________________
2011 135i VERT SGM/SB/MOONLIGHT - ED - with every single friggin' option they offered.
pinmagic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Focusedintntions
Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (1)

I have the cable and all the software to do it...just need to get a charger/battery for my laptop haha.
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Focusedintntions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
^ damn that sucks...
I might be on to something, so I'll continue to keep you guys posted. I found a guy on Craigslist who has been promoting his coding for some time now. I got the chance to talk to him yesterday and he says that he'll be back in this area shortly after the new year. So once I confirm a date with him I can try to set it up as a "group coding session".
Haha what a great way to start off the new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I have the cable and all the software to do it...just need to get a charger/battery for my laptop haha.
What kind of laptop do you have? I may be able to find some sick deals.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I have the cable and all the software to do it...just need to get a charger/battery for my laptop haha.
Well damn... LOL seems like you need to take a visit, before Christmas, to battery plus!

I just got an e-mail back from the "craiglist guy" he provided me with a PDF which was a list of features; he says that most of the features can be coded if its applicable to the vehicle, even though its for a 335.
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Focusedintntions
Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (1)

I can get them pretty cheap online...i've just been really lazy about ordering...like i keep finding better ways to spend 100 bucks for both haha. Here soon i'm going to need to code out seat belt warnings as well as airbag warnings when my racetech seats go in.
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Focusedintntions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I can get them pretty cheap online...i've just been really lazy about ordering...like i keep finding better ways to spend 100 bucks for both haha. Here soon i'm going to need to code out seat belt warnings as well as airbag warnings when my racetech seats go in.
You willing to teach someone how to do it and provide some software? I have a perfectly good laptop at home and I wouldn't mind learning how to do this.
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011100001 View Post
You willing to teach someone how to do it and provide some software? I have a perfectly good laptop at home and I wouldn't mind learning how to do this.
I'd love to learn as well but something tells me the software probably won't work on my Mac
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Focusedintntions
Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko View Post
I'd love to learn as well but something tells me the software probably won't work on my Mac
Run a windows vm using usb passthrough on it... I'm learning myself still, but it doesn't really look that hard from what I've seen. The cable and software cost me 50 bucks. I figure for the cost of what people wanted me tocharge me to get what i wanted coded, i could teach myself and then do the same for others.
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Focusedintntions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Run a windows vm using usb passthrough on it... I'm learning myself still, but it doesn't really look that hard from what I've seen. The cable and software cost me 50 bucks. I figure for the cost of what people wanted me tocharge me to get what i wanted coded, i could teach myself and then do the same for others.
Very true. Maybe I'll borrow a friends laptop, want to avoid installing too much stuff on here since this is my work machine
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
Guardian
Private
 
Guardian's Avatar
 
Drives: 135is, AW/Coral Red #190/586
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
From what i've heard...Mike may not be responding....He's part of another group and it was reported in there that he passed away from an illness.

I don't know this to be 100% accurate that the two are the same, but I'm guessing based on clues and information I've seen.
Oh wow, I didn't know, but it did seem a little odd that he hadn't posted in several weeks in any forums he's on. Very sorry to hear this if it is indeed the case.
Guardian is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Run a windows vm using usb passthrough on it... I'm learning myself still, but it doesn't really look that hard from what I've seen. The cable and software cost me 50 bucks. I figure for the cost of what people wanted me tocharge me to get what i wanted coded, i could teach myself and then do the same for others.
Do you have a link where I might be able to purchase the equipment?
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #20
Focusedintntions
Colonel
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (1)

I ordered it off ebay like 8 months ago. Right after I ordered it my relationship ended, i had to move out, then got a new job, moved again, and lost the a/c adapter to my laptop somewhere in the moves. So I got no clue where i got it from and if the link still exists.
__________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
Focusedintntions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
 
Stan.mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NoVA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (3)

^ damn that sucks bro.. What the name of the SW/HW? I'll see if I can find it.
Stan.mac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I ordered it off ebay like 8 months ago. Right after I ordered it my relationship ended, i had to move out, then got a new job, moved again, and lost the a/c adapter to my laptop somewhere in the moves. So I got no clue where i got it from and if the link still exists.
Damn sorry man, that sounds like an awful thing to go through.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST