BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Hello and a few pictures

Recently signed up on the site,so Hello from Scotland (Martin)
Had my 1M for a few months now,allthough not used her much.lowered the car the other day with some H&R springs,Lightweight front lip and some gloss black kidney grilles.got my first trackday booked with her next May at Spa and will also go via Nurburgring for a couple of laps no doubt,next thing is to upgrade the brake pads and fluid,then some stickier tyres once the PS2's are burned out,dont think that should take so long
Attached Images
     
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
schlümpfy
Almost there
 
schlümpfy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW instant classic
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On the move

Posts: 1,218
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Recently signed up on the site,so Hello from Scotland (Martin)
Had my 1M for a few months now,allthough not used her much.lowered the car the other day with some H&R springs,Lightweight front lip and some gloss black kidney grilles.got my first trackday booked with her next May at Spa and will also go via Nurburgring for a couple of laps no doubt,next thing is to upgrade the brake pads and fluid,then some stickier tyres once the PS2's are burned out,dont think that should take so long
Hi Martin
Would this trackday at SPA be on the 27th?
schlümpfy is offline   Christmas Island
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
Hi Martin
Would this trackday at SPA be on the 27th?
Yes,sure is,Monday 27th May,you going?
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
M3EST
Rear wheel drive fanatic
 
M3EST's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E30-1M-M4
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Greece & Germany

Posts: 602
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1987 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Brake pads you will need for sure.Last summer i drove in Nurburgring and played inside for some laps and pads were off.
__________________
M3EST is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EST View Post
Brake pads you will need for sure.Last summer i drove in Nurburgring and played inside for some laps and pads were off.
For sure,they fade away on the road,so definitely require for the track,probably fit Ferodo DS3000 or DS1.11,hopefully the calipers are upto the job
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
PJI
New Member
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lichfield

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
For sure,they fade away on the road,so definitely require for the track,probably fit Ferodo DS3000 or DS1.11,hopefully the calipers are upto the job
You will be fine with these pads and standard calipers. Been to Spa twice with this set up and didn't encounter any issues apart from needing new pads when I got home.
PJI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJI View Post
You will be fine with these pads and standard calipers. Been to Spa twice with this set up and didn't encounter any issues apart from needing new pads when I got home.
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,685
iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car.

What's the parts number/est. price of the frontlip?

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Beautiful car.

What's the parts number/est. price of the frontlip?

Cheers
Robin
Robin

Thanks,here is the link,must say I'm impressed with the lip

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724717

willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,685
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Robin

Thanks,here is the link,must say I'm impressed with the lip

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724717

Thanks, I just found that thread myself.\

Don't you have any problems with it and the lowered suspension on your B roads?
Mine is stock but I happened to scrub my frontspoiler twice already(downtown speedbumps)


Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Thanks, I just found that thread myself.\

Don't you have any problems with it and the lowered suspension on your B roads?
Mine is stock but I happened to scrub my frontspoiler twice already(downtown speedbumps)


Cheers
Robin
So far,so good,the spoiler has scrubbed and is nice and strong.so pleased I went this option,for sure a deeper carbon one would be long gone,finishes the bumper off nicely and this one seems very durable and not expensive in comparison to carbon items,ideally,I'll fit coilovers at some point

Edit to add,this splitter is only 10mm(approx) thick and doesn't hang out much either,so can't see it being a problem,looks well engineered and is a nice fit
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Location Location

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Great pics, nice drop, thx for sharing.
Mahlzeit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
schlümpfy
Almost there
 
schlümpfy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW instant classic
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On the move

Posts: 1,218
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Yes,sure is,Monday 27th May,you going?

Ok Martin see you there then and there should be a couple more 1M's that day
schlümpfy is offline   Christmas Island
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
LuuZ
Second Lieutenant
 
LuuZ's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M - 997 Carrera 4 (sold)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

Me for example
Hi willox, brake upgrade is needed on track to avoid fading and have a stronger and longer braking power.
I have Textar TMD Friction (M Sport pads) and happy with those, except some noise at low speed
See ya the 27th at the MLR Spa so
__________________
Spa-Francorchamps : The Beauty
Nürburgring Nordschleife : The Myth
LuuZ is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
willox
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M+125D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
Ok Martin see you there then and there should be a couple more 1M's that day
Excellent,I'm booked with the MLR as I've had Evos for years,cool to join the 1M club,should be an ace day,be sure to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuuZ View Post
Me for example
Hi willox, brake upgrade is needed on track to avoid fading and have a stronger and longer braking power.
I have Textar TMD Friction (M Sport pads) and happy with those, except some noise at low speed
See ya the 27th at the MLR Spa so
Cool,looking forward to it,you guys sorted with a pit garage? There are a few cars going from my area,only myself with the 1M,other mates have Evos and GTR,maybe get some passenger laps from you guys,only done this track once before in 2011 with my old Renault R26R,great fun,underpowered for Spa,awesome place
willox is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
1'M Blue
Captain
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

Posts: 643
iTrader: (0)

Welcome here. nice set of mods on your car.
1'M Blue is offline   Oman
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST