BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55,6MT,M-PK

Garage List
Windshield washer hose-jet connection snapped off. Help!

I just had bmw fix my hood after they dented it from the underside working on it. I get the car back and first time I go to use my windshield washer fluid it doesn't work. Open the hood and the piece in the picture is snapped. I'm pretty sure BMW broke that too! I'm done with that dealership after endless issues with them. I will fix it myself. I don't even feel they are worth my time anymore... even if they'd pay to fix it. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to the correct part/s? Also, the jet on the other side is not blowing at full strength though the hose seem fine, is that because the other side is releasing the pressure and not letting it shoot out in full force?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Should've mentioned it's a 2011 135i, US spec.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
juld0zer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 135i 7DCT

Get them to fix it. Those heated jets are not cheap
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Get them to fix it. Those heated jets are not cheap
How much are we talking? It looks like it's just a piece that connects from the hose to the the jet. I'm hoping it's a simple as ordering that piece and just popping it on...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
JPodo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by csween86 View Post
How much are we talking? It looks like it's just a piece that connects from the hose to the the jet. I'm hoping it's a simple as ordering that piece and just popping it on...
You have to buy the whole thing. I had the same problem. I glued it together and that lasted about a year. Then I tried to reglue it and got to much glue inside it so I just got a new one. I think I got it from ECS it was like $30-$40
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPodo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by csween86 View Post
You have to buy the whole thing. I had the same problem. I glued it together and that lasted about a year. Then I tried to reglue it and got to much glue inside it so I just got a new one. I think I got it from ECS it was like $30-$40
Thanks. Easy to put on? I sent the shop a picture and they actually ordered it, and said I can drive the 45 minutes there and have them put it on anytime, or do it myself and they'd send it to me... I literally keep driving there to get stuff fixed on my car. Each time they fix one thing they damage another... it's been a horrible experience, lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #7
brytom
Level 1 BMW Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 | N52K | 6MT

Pressure loss from one will cause issues with the other. There is only one pump for both windscreen nozzles.
Sucks you're getting shafted at the dealer. Ive worked next to a few idiots over the years. Wouldn't be surprised they had an aftermarket body shop or someone come in and fix your hood. Never met a tech that fixes body work. They still should have double checked someone else's work regardless.
Hope they do right by you. I've never messed with that part before so I can't tell you easy or difficult it will be. Nor do I know your skill level or kind of tools in your possession.
      06-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #8
csween86
DSC OFF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brytompkins View Post
Pressure loss from one will cause issues with the other. There is only one pump for both windscreen nozzles.
Sucks you're getting shafted at the dealer. Ive worked next to a few idiots over the years. Wouldn't be surprised they had an aftermarket body shop or someone come in and fix your hood. Never met a tech that fixes body work. They still should have double checked someone else's work regardless.
Hope they do right by you. I've never messed with that part before so I can't tell you easy or difficult it will be. Nor do I know your skill level or kind of tools in your possession.
Thanks for the info. They did have an outside body shop do it. I sent the picture to BMW and they worked it out with the body shop. I'm actually going to the body shop tomorrow to have them put the new one on, at their cost.
Appreciate 0