BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #67
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
well I believe it's wot becauseeeee...I'm on map 0 lol. and auto clear off. I deleted and I am running a new drive cycle to see if it doesn't pop up so far NO CODE FOR 3106!!!!!!! only 2d1b. if anyone have insight if wot on iso jb4 causes this please let me know!
I got two codes for DP: 3106 + 2C90. Supposedly both are DP related so I'm not stressing.

How many miles have you put on since you got the DP installed?
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #68
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
well I believe it's wot becauseeeee...I'm on map 0 lol. and auto clear off. I deleted and I am running a new drive cycle to see if it doesn't pop up so far NO CODE FOR 3106!!!!!!! only 2d1b. if anyone have insight if wot on iso jb4 causes this please let me know!
I got two codes for DP: 3106 + 2C90. Supposedly both are DP related so I'm not stressing.

How many miles have you put on since you got the DP installed?
I think there is a confusion,

I installed my downpipe around June. I put on around 4000-5000 miles. and I had jb4 clearing my codes every since. Recently I took it of and got 3106, 2e4c which I fixed, 2d57, and 2906. I deleted all my codes and I put the spacer and hung the CLOSED o2 sensor on the side In-between the metal plates. Now, I turned my jb4 to map 0 and auto clear off. I am beginning a new drive cycle to test whether ses light is going off. That's where I am at now. I do not believe at all that the ses light will go off FOR the catalytic converter. I am just getting this one code 2d1b. I deleted it and started a new drive cycle. hopefully it'll workout.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
Twhill19
hungry
 
Twhill19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 837
iTrader: (0)

lol, then I guess I should be ok in Mass...theres no sniffer test, and with the sketchy garage I go to the guy will pass anything as long as the CEL is not on...If I clear the CEL light with a CAN tool, with the CEL still show when its plugged into the computer?
Twhill19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19
lol, then I guess I should be ok in Mass...theres no sniffer test, and with the sketchy garage I go to the guy will pass anything as long as the CEL is not on...If I clear the CEL light with a CAN tool, with the CEL still show when its plugged into the computer?
you will fail if you attempt the following:

1. If you go to get an inspection with map 0 and auto clear on. System will not be ready and it will show catalytic converter on odbii

2. if you delete codes and you are on map 0 with auto clear. System is not ready.

3. Any map with auto clear off system is not ready.

4. ses with map 0 auto clear off and system ready. ses light and 3106 code.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #71
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
you will fail if you attempt the following:

1. If you go to get an inspection with map 0 and auto clear on. System will not be ready and it will show catalytic converter on odbii

2. if you delete codes and you are on map 0 with auto clear. System is not ready.

3. Any map with auto clear. system is not ready.

4. ses with map 0 auto clear off and system ready. ses light and 3106 code.
What if I go in with map 0 and auto clear off -- but, no SES / CEL light?
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #72
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
you will fail if you attempt the following:

1. If you go to get an inspection with map 0 and auto clear on. System will not be ready and it will show catalytic converter on odbii

2. if you delete codes and you are on map 0 with auto clear. System is not ready.

3. Any map with auto clear. system is not ready.

4. ses with map 0 auto clear off and system ready. ses light and 3106 code.
What if I go in with map 0 and auto clear off -- but, no SES / CEL light?
Sorry edited my post. Any map with auto clear off will result to system not ready if no ses is on because u delete the codes and you started a new drive cycle.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #73
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Sorry edited my post. Any map with auto clear off will result to system not ready if no ses is on because u delete the codes and you started a new drive cycle.
Damn, I'm a bit confused haha. I'm a n00b at this I guess. How do you even go to emissions with a Jb4 then? I thought you're supposed to go to map 0 and turn auto clear off.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Sorry edited my post. Any map with auto clear off will result to system not ready if no ses is on because u delete the codes and you started a new drive cycle.
Damn, I'm a bit confused haha. I'm a n00b at this I guess. How do you even go to emissions with a Jb4 then? I thought you're supposed to go to map 0 and turn auto clear off.
That's exactly what u r suppose to do. I may have made typos cause I'm typing on my iPhone and watching my apple stock drop . but back on topic that is exactly what u r suppose to do, map 0 auto clear off. no ses after u drive 50-60 miles u are all set!
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #75
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
That's exactly what u r suppose to do. I may have made typos cause I'm typing on my iPhone and watching my apple stock drop . but back on topic that is exactly what u r suppose to do, map 0 auto clear off. no ses after u drive 50-60 miles u are all set!
Great! It took 100 mls before my SES came on so maybe I'll be able to slip by
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #76
SchnellFowVay
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 39
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko View Post
Great! It took 100 mls before my SES came on so maybe I'll be able to slip by
Not necessarily. I drove a 110 mile round trip through the desert after putting my JB4 on Map Zero and turning reset off. Then I drove down the Las Vegas strip for some stop and go driving.

Went to the smog hut. Still read "not ready."

Drove the car for 2 more days to and from work (19 miles each). Still "not ready."

Then the third day, SES came on.

The only way I was able to finally pass emissions was to install my stock DP, and drive around on Map 0 for an entire week. Finally the sensors were ready and I wasn't throwing a code.
SchnellFowVay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #77
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,214
iTrader: (0)

This is why I waited for my first emissions ticket to come in till I install my DPs; because I definitely am not going through this hassle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #78
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
Not necessarily. I drove a 110 mile round trip through the desert after putting my JB4 on Map Zero and turning reset off. Then I drove down the Las Vegas strip for some stop and go driving.

Went to the smog hut. Still read "not ready."

Drove the car for 2 more days to and from work (19 miles each). Still "not ready."

Then the third day, SES came on.

The only way I was able to finally pass emissions was to install my stock DP, and drive around on Map 0 for an entire week. Finally the sensors were ready and I wasn't throwing a code.
Good info, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
This is why I waited for my first emissions ticket to come in till I install my DPs; because I definitely am not going through this hassle
But you'll eventually have to get one anyways. My car was purchased from a dealer so I'll be getting an emissions in 2 years, then I'll just ask for an extension if there's no solution.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #79
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

read too rich of oxygen. no go for this way.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #80
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

2d1b is bank 2 sensor too lean.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #81
Suds
One Addict
 
Suds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6mt, 2008 Vette 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lone Star State

Posts: 310
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
No need for a garage...just a flat surface and a good tall jack will do.
Besides a flat surface,,,
Do you know the part number or mm size for the O2 wrench needed, I haven't seen the description posted anywhere.
Suds is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #82
loesch
Lieutenant
 
loesch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: State College, PA

Posts: 417
iTrader: (2)

Can't someone like BMS just come up with a modified O2 sensor that sends the ecu the numbers it's looking for? That sounds like something that could be done. Maybe illegal to sell something like that though.
loesch is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #83
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loesch
Can't someone like BMS just come up with a modified O2 sensor that sends the ecu the numbers it's looking for? That sounds like something that could be done. Maybe illegal to sell something like that though.
They won't because its too complicated.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #84
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
They won't because its too complicated.
Where there's a will, there's a way! I WILL MAKE SOMETHING!

*false hope*
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #85
Twhill19
hungry
 
Twhill19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 837
iTrader: (0)

Sounds like I'm not buying a downpipe...this sucks...
__________________
2012-135i-N55 - Dinan Stage 2. aFe Stage 2 CAI. Berk Mid-Pipes. Berk Race Axle-Back. AR Design Catless-DP. AA Charge-Pipe. ETS FMIC. 19" Forgestar F-14's 8.5"/9.0". Michelin Pilot SS (225/35/19+255/30/19). Amber Delete. AutoCarbon CF Trunk-Spoiler. BMW M Performance Rotors/Pads. 20% tints (Coming soon: Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Oil Cooler, Custom Quad Turbo-Back Exhaust).
Twhill19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #86
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Guess what guys...EVEN A AFTERMARKET CATTED DOWNPIPE GETS A DAMN CEL LIGHT....so retarded.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #87
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
 
chrisko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i | 2006 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 208
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Guess what guys...EVEN A AFTERMARKET CATTED DOWNPIPE GETS A DAMN CEL LIGHT....so retarded.
Wow.... Seriously? This is going to get annoying.
__________________
Website

2011 N55 135i | AA Catless DP | AA Signature Exhaust | JB4 Stage 2 | LCI Tails | ER CP
chrisko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #88
xnfsx
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Guess what guys...EVEN A AFTERMARKET CATTED DOWNPIPE GETS A DAMN CEL LIGHT....so retarded.
Wow.... Seriously? This is going to get annoying.
yea. reason is because a hi flow cat is too much flow for the o2 sensor still over the stock dp.
xnfsx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST