BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
providence
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X3 Msprt, 2014 X5, 1M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

HELP!! LUX Angel eyes...plug problem.

Hi all,
After getting my fingers almost chewed-off while uncovering the back plate of the light housing and successfully removing the OEM bulb from its socket, I noticed that the plug is totally different between the bulbs; OE has 3 small (male) projections while the LUX H8 had only 2 (larger) prongs.
Also there seems to be a completely different housing between the two products; OE is square while replacements have rounded edges.
I'm sure nothing got broken while carefully maneuvering through the removal steps.
Is there an adopter that I just didn't get or did I get the wrong part/bulb?

See pics to for illustration:

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited by providence; 06-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Elwood74
Private
Elwood74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [5.00]
89 BMW 325i  [0.00]
That's the xenon bulb, not the angel eyes bulb...

The AE bulb is the small one with a yellow tab closest to the center of the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
JYohay
Banned
24
Rep
2,011
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by providence View Post
Hi all,
After getting my fingers almost chewed-off while uncovering the back plate of the light housing and successfully removing the OEM bulb from its socket, I noticed that the plug is totally different between the bulbs; OE has 3 small (male) projections while the LUX H8 had only 2 (larger) prongs.
Also there seems to be a completely different housing between the two products; OE is square while replacements have rounded edges.
I'm sure nothing got broken while carefully maneuvering through the removal steps.
Is there an adopter that I just didn't get or did I get the wrong part/bulb?

See pics to for illustration:

Thanks in advance for the advice.
this is quite comical
the bulb you have on the right is your HEADLIGHT XENON BULB
the LUX are for your ANGEL EYE BULB
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
RimasRS
Colonel
RimasRS's Avatar
28
Rep
2,397
Posts

 
Drives: 135i MT 2009 AW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Please hide this thread OP be quite and don't tell anything else...

Just search a little about where and how to install your AE's bulbs....

NO STOP better go to shop or something...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
providence
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X3 Msprt, 2014 X5, 1M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

...that explains it!!
Thank you sir!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
providence
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X3 Msprt, 2014 X5, 1M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Please hide this thread OP be quite and don't tell anything else...

Just search a little about where and how to install your AE's bulbs....

NO STOP better go to shop or something...

How about you go get some grammar lesions... Then post...
I am not a mechanic... Never claimed to be one. Like anyone else on this forum I enjoy driving and the occasional simple DIY project. So what if I don't study the difference in bulb types? I'm here to learn.
Go shop? As a board certified physician, There's nothing that I want for...
Go screw your self... And continue to wish you had a 1M.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
RimasRS
Colonel
RimasRS's Avatar
28
Rep
2,397
Posts

 
Drives: 135i MT 2009 AW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by providence View Post
How about you go get some grammar lesions... Then post...
I am not a mechanic... Never claimed to be one. Like anyone else on this forum I enjoy driving and the occasional simple DIY project. So what if I don't study the difference in bulb types? I'm here to learn.
Go shop? As a board certified physician, There's nothing that I want for...
Go screw your self... And continue to wish you had a 1M.
Try to do your home work and search before you want to install something
I would not be surprised if your next question will be "what does adaptive light icon mean" if you will put your ballasts just hanging in your headlights.

Go learn to drive your 1M and continue screwing your self
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
ESC OFF
Major
ESC OFF's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: 1M (AW) & CaymanS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Lets play nice kids...we're here to help each other.
__________________
The faster you go, the better it feels
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST