BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
diegorst
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Akrapovic Slip-on Exhaust + Maddad Midpipe Combo - Anyone else with this set-up?

Is anyone else using this set-up in their 1M? I would love to hear how other cars sound!
A couple of videos of my car:

__________________
Diego RdS - Lima, Perú
2011 /// 1M Coupe - BSM

Last edited by diegorst; 01-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.
diegorst is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
ZA_1M
Private
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

If it helps, I have the Akra slip on / N55 mids and Akra DP's...if I can say...its sounds EPIC
ZA_1M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
bmw13
Captain
 
bmw13's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boca Raton, FL

Posts: 680
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA_1M View Post
If it helps, I have the Akra slip on / N55 mids and Akra DP's...if I can say...its sounds EPIC
I have been thinking of adding just the Akra DP's! I too have the N55 mid pipe installed. How do you think it would sound with stock rear section, N55 Midpipe and just the DP from Akra? Also, I am on stock ECU and will not be tuning. Am I looking to hurt performance or can freeing up more flow only better the car?
__________________
Follow my car/ life via Instagram @rdauito
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
bmw13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
135IS
Captain
 
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: t.o

Posts: 742
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
Is anyone else using this set-up in their 1M? I would love to hear how other cars sound!
A couple of videos of my car:

Wow that actually sounds epic. I think i know what im going to get. Catless downpipes with a catless system does get pretty loud LOL
__________________
LMB 135i: Gone
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
135IS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
ZA_1M
Private
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Johannesburg

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
I have been thinking of adding just the Akra DP's! I too have the N55 mid pipe installed. How do you think it would sound with stock rear section, N55 Midpipe and just the DP from Akra? Also, I am on stock ECU and will not be tuning. Am I looking to hurt performance or can freeing up more flow only better the car?
If you are doing the DP's you might as well get the tune as the tune. The DP's are already a non motorplan riendly service. The tune will yiled some good results coupled with the DP's.

Given that the N55 mids are already catless, you should feel some midrange improvment?
ZA_1M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
momo style
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1m
Join Date: Mar 2008

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

N55 midpipes+akra slip on. { valve open } akra downpipes = crazy
momo style is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
mle
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Germany

Posts: 33
iTrader: (1)

It sounds epic
mle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
flavush
Private
 
flavush's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Zurich

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Hi Diego,

Your Combo sounds really very good.

I've ordered the Akra Slip on system together with the N55 Midpipe. Now I am not sure, if I should modify the N55 midpipe or leave it stock. I suspect that it will be to loud also with closed valve.

So far I've only heard the Evolution System.
Can you tell me if your combo is as loud as the Evolution System or louder?

Maybe you have other videos?

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
Flavush
flavush is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Artemis
Colonel
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,987
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
I've ordered the Akra Slip on system together with the N55 Midpipe. Now I am not sure, if I should modify the N55 midpipe or leave it stock. I suspect that it will be to loud also with closed valve.
Keep the N55 + Akra Slip On combo, but add the wireless remote so that you can toggle between code white (Closed Mode) and code red (Thunder Mode) !

Trust me, with the valve closed, the system is muffled that much, that you might think that you got back the stock 1M exhaust + stock N54. Arriving at night without awakening/harassing the neighbors is possible - it only requires the touch of a button.
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
flavush
Private
 
flavush's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Zurich

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Keep the N55 + Akra Slip On combo, but add the wireless remote so that you can toggle between code white (Closed Mode) and code red (Thunder Mode) !

Trust me, with the valve closed, the system is muffled that much, that you might think that you got back the stock 1M exhaust + stock N54. Arriving at night without awakening/harassing the neighbors is possible - it only requires the touch of a button.
Hi Artemis,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I've ordered also the valve kit.
But I'm not sure, if when I modify the N55 muffler (Insert direct pipe) it will be too loud also in closed mode.

Which Setup do you have?

Best regards,
Flavio
flavush is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Artemis
Colonel
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (VO)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

Posts: 2,987
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Which Setup do you have?
N55 [stock] + Akra Slip On + wireless kit.

Drive it for a few hundred or thousand kilometer (to get a thin layer of dirt on the inside walls) and then decide whether you want to modify the N55. For me that combo is a permagrin symphony played loud enough.

See also:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=43
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=12
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...21&postcount=4
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Artemis is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
SDD
Second Lieutenant
 
SDD's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 216
iTrader: (0)

This thread and those videos may have just cost me $4,315.
__________________
1MVOSTAGE2PLUS
SDD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
diegorst
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Hi Diego,

Your Combo sounds really very good.

I've ordered the Akra Slip on system together with the N55 Midpipe. Now I am not sure, if I should modify the N55 midpipe or leave it stock. I suspect that it will be to loud also with closed valve.

So far I've only heard the Evolution System.
Can you tell me if your combo is as loud as the Evolution System or louder?

Maybe you have other videos?

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
Flavush
Hi there,
I don't have other videos at the moment, I'll let you know as soon as I post any new ones. I've just re-tuned my car with Evolve so it would be interesting to record that sound, it's really aggressive and it purrssss nicely!
I couldn't tell you if the Evolution system is louder than my setup, I haven't seen an 1M with the Evolution system. I haven't heard the N55 midpipe either, but I can tell you that just the Maddad alone sounds great! I had it installed on with the stock exhaust before I installed the Akra Slip-on and it was amazing.
All I can say is that I really love the sound of my 1M as it is and luckily I got the wireless kit, I end up opening the wireless valve to "Thunder Mode" most of the time, but it's nice to be able to close it and not disturb the neighbors at night like like Artemis said.
Good luck with your setup, I'm sure you'll love it!
__________________
Diego RdS - Lima, Perú
2011 /// 1M Coupe - BSM
diegorst is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #14
diegorst
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDD View Post
This thread and those videos may have just cost me $4,315.
Worth every Penny!!!!!!
__________________
Diego RdS - Lima, Perú
2011 /// 1M Coupe - BSM
diegorst is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1m bmw, akra, akrapovic, exhaust, maddad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST