BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
MrBlonde
Welcome! To the House of Batiatus!
 
MrBlonde's Avatar
 
Drives: 368 M Coupe, E82 135i, E70 X5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
what australian designed product are you talkking about? there are no aus native tuning or turbo systems as far as i'm aware?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-. 1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) 25th August 2004. +2010 X5 35D+

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
MrBlonde is offline  
0
      01-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #24
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,830
iTrader: (0)

.
flinchy is offline  
0
      01-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #25
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
what australian designed product are you talkking about? there are no aus native tuning or turbo systems as far as i'm aware?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
I said as far as i'm aware hoping for elaboration

Then learnt about advans system in development

Still a tad confused?
flinchy is offline  
0
      01-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #26
John_01
Colonel
 
John_01's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

I'm curious, do the "big single" turbos get decent torque below 4000 RPM, or are they just top end screamers for the drag strip? What about turbo lag?
John_01 is offline   Australia
0
      01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01
I'm curious, do the "big single" turbos get decent torque below 4000 RPM, or are they just top end screamers for the drag strip? What about turbo lag?
Tbh I don't think they are actually working....
pavo335 is offline  
0
      01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
woosh
Colonel
 
woosh's Avatar
 
Drives: Canyonero SUV
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney

Posts: 2,146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
what australian designed product are you talkking about? there are no aus native tuning or turbo systems as far as i'm aware?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
I said as far as i'm aware hoping for elaboration

Then learnt about advans system in development

Still a tad confused?
Adrian "@" Vishnu... he doesn't just sell the product.
woosh is offline   Australia
0
      01-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
what australian designed product are you talkking about? there are no aus native tuning or turbo systems as far as i'm aware?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
I said as far as i'm aware hoping for elaboration

Then learnt about advans system in development

Still a tad confused?
Adrian "@" Vishnu... he doesn't just sell the product.
Didn't he say it was 'only lhd' so how does he make it?

I'm really rather confused.
flinchy is offline  
0
      01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #30
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

I think he had something to do with the proceed development for Australia
pavo335 is offline  
0
      01-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #31
BBK
Banned
 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Maybe it gets great reviews because it works really well and is an Australian designed product with local support?
Because it's 'designed' in australia, does that make it better?

And when you say local support, do you mean support in one city called Sydney?
BBK is offline  
0
      01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #32
adrian@vishnu
Captain
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Maybe it gets great reviews because it works really well and is an Australian designed product with local support?
Because it's 'designed' in australia, does that make it better?

And when you say local support, do you mean support in one city called Sydney?
Australia has great engineering talent, and often being designed in Australia is a very good thing. But this is not always the case. Fortunately this case is a great example of an Australian product that is much better developed and a much better product.

As for local support. I don't see how you would be qualified to comment on support I provide since I have never provided you with any support. My customers in both Sydney and other states have been very satisfied with my support.

But thanks for taking the time to put down a product you have never used from a vendor you have never used.
adrian@vishnu is offline   Australia
0
      01-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
adrian@vishnu
Captain
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Flinchy,

You seem to know plenty about turbo conversions (is there a symbol for sarcasm?). I have no need or desire to provide evidence of ST results. They are out there and the quickest n54 in existence in every measure for acceleration is running a Vishnu ST kit.

I am sure there are many very promising turbo kits in the wings. There has been for many years even well before the Vishnu kit started development. But there is only one kit that has ever provided any descent results (and taking all the records). There is only one kit that has progressed past prototype status to sell to actual customers. The only kit that you can buy right now does not fit rhd cars. So all other kits are vapor ware at the moment and so is a rhd kit.

Now I am sure the advan kit will be great and I will be providing support with it. When it is released things will change. I am only talking about past and present. The future will hold many exciting things.
adrian@vishnu is offline   Australia
0
      01-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #34
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Maybe it gets great reviews because it works really well and is an Australian designed product with local support?
Because it's 'designed' in australia, does that make it better?

And when you say local support, do you mean support in one city called Sydney?
Australia has great engineering talent, and often being designed in Australia is a very good thing. But this is not always the case. Fortunately this case is a great example of an Australian product that is much better developed and a much better product.

As for local support. I don't see how you would be qualified to comment on support I provide since I have never provided you with any support. My customers in both Sydney and other states have been very satisfied with my support.

But thanks for taking the time to put down a product you have never used from a vendor you have never used.
Where was he putting it down :

I was looking on the main board and there hasn't been any comment for a while and on the other forums there is a fair bit of noise (including one of the early adopters) that are still saying is is not reliable.

My original post was looking for a simple 'what's up?'
pavo335 is offline  
0
      01-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #35
JB4-335
Colonel
 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E91 BSM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

Posts: 2,546
iTrader: (1)

__________________
JB4
JB4-335 is offline   Australia
0
      01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #36
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Flinchy,

You seem to know plenty about turbo conversions (is there a symbol for sarcasm?). I have no need or desire to provide evidence of ST results. They are out there and the quickest n54 in existence in every measure for acceleration is running a Vishnu ST kit.

I am sure there are many very promising turbo kits in the wings. There has been for many years even well before the Vishnu kit started development. But there is only one kit that has ever provided any descent results (and taking all the records). There is only one kit that has progressed past prototype status to sell to actual customers. The only kit that you can buy right now does not fit rhd cars. So all other kits are vapor ware at the moment and so is a rhd kit.

Now I am sure the advan kit will be great and I will be providing support with it. When it is released things will change. I am only talking about past and present. The future will hold many exciting things.
Funny you're being sarcastic?.. when i'm currently up to date on every current turbo upgrade in the works for the N54? :/.. 3/4 of them aren't even posted here/on e90p.. wonder why.

no videos from that infamous air strip race
.. 3 people selling the kit or their whole car before even putting 1000mi on it... still no dragstrip results, dyno graphs that ARENT company cars... only as of what.. 3 weeks ago? was the high RPM misfire resolved via the SMFW replacement.. the ST cars couldn't even rev past 6000~ RPM at speed until this month -_-

yeah it's cool that THE vishnu ST company car has masses of power and is the quickest and fastest AND most powerful N54 powered car to date, but you can't claim that the customer cars are even a shadow of that... the highest i've heard in dyno results of a ST 335i was arouind the 550whp mark, and it was unable to break 11's on the strip due to short shifting with the misfires... yeah $10k for 12's..

why doesn't the vishnu ST fit RHD? routed the downpipe right through the steering column like VTT is doing with their stage 3?.. ahh quick look for pics and it's a low mount so i'm guessing the answer to that is 'yes'


I understand that this particular forum is heavily biased towards Vishnu at the expense of all other vendors (and facts), and i'll probably get a warning or ban for this... and the post deleted... but i'm not okay with crap.
flinchy is offline  
0
      01-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #37
Gumball
Captain
 
Gumball's Avatar
 
Drives: A45
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 601
iTrader: (0)

+1 to flinchy

Vishnu has gone downhill lately, ST turbo kit coverup and the lpfp upgrade price and misinformation.
Gumball is offline   Australia
0
      01-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #38
BBK
Banned
 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Australia has great engineering talent, and often being designed in Australia is a very good thing. But this is not always the case. Fortunately this case is a great example of an Australian product that is much better developed and a much better product.
I'm sure we have great engineering talent here, but I fail to see how Vishnu is better purely because it was designed here... Unless of course, you are claiming to be the best N54 tuning engineer in the world?


Quote:
As for local support. I don't see how you would be qualified to comment on support I provide since I have never provided you with any support. My customers in both Sydney and other states have been very satisfied with my support.
Your support cannot be much better than a product from overseas to someone in a different state. I don't need to have the product to know that you won't fly up to Brisbane, or Adelaide/Perth/Melbourne/Darwin etc etc to help someone out. Therefore the only thing you can do is via email or phone. Oddly, the same communication channels everyone uses that have an overseas product. I used to get emails back from the tuner I used on the same day, usually within minutes. But I'm sure you would do the same



Quote:
But thanks for taking the time to put down a product you have never used from a vendor you have never used.
I didn't put it down. I was merely trying to validate your claims as to how an Australian 'designed' product was better and to how your support would be better because it's local (to Sydney customers)

BBK is offline  
0
      01-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #39
adrian@vishnu
Captain
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Funny you're being sarcastic?.. when i'm currently up to date on every current turbo upgrade in the works for the N54? :/.. 3/4 of them aren't even posted here/on e90p.. wonder why.

no videos from that infamous air strip race
.. 3 people selling the kit or their whole car before even putting 1000mi on it... still no dragstrip results, dyno graphs that ARENT company cars... only as of what.. 3 weeks ago? was the high RPM misfire resolved via the SMFW replacement.. the ST cars couldn't even rev past 6000~ RPM at speed until this month -_-

yeah it's cool that THE vishnu ST company car has masses of power and is the quickest and fastest AND most powerful N54 powered car to date, but you can't claim that the customer cars are even a shadow of that... the highest i've heard in dyno results of a ST 335i was arouind the 550whp mark, and it was unable to break 11's on the strip due to short shifting with the misfires... yeah $10k for 12's..

why doesn't the vishnu ST fit RHD? routed the downpipe right through the steering column like VTT is doing with their stage 3?.. ahh quick look for pics and it's a low mount so i'm guessing the answer to that is 'yes'


I understand that this particular forum is heavily biased towards Vishnu at the expense of all other vendors (and facts), and i'll probably get a warning or ban for this... and the post deleted... but i'm not okay with crap.
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a keyboard warrior. There are several dynos for customers cars including one exceeding the company car, so no point arguing with you when you can't get the facts straight... and no I do not care to find them and post them for you, because I do not care to prove anything to you.

But can you just show me a single result be it dyno, drag, 60-130 or whatever you want for a car with a single turbo that is not run by a Vishnu Procede? If you manage to find that, then show me how it is even close to what the Vishnu kit has achieved.
adrian@vishnu is offline   Australia
0
      01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #40
adrian@vishnu
Captain
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I'm sure we have great engineering talent here, but I fail to see how Vishnu is better purely because it was designed here... Unless of course, you are claiming to be the best N54 tuning engineer in the world?




Your support cannot be much better than a product from overseas to someone in a different state. I don't need to have the product to know that you won't fly up to Brisbane, or Adelaide/Perth/Melbourne/Darwin etc etc to help someone out. Therefore the only thing you can do is via email or phone. Oddly, the same communication channels everyone uses that have an overseas product. I used to get emails back from the tuner I used on the same day, usually within minutes. But I'm sure you would do the same





I didn't put it down. I was merely trying to validate your claims as to how an Australian 'designed' product was better and to how your support would be better because it's local (to Sydney customers)

We've been there and done this before. Last time it ended, you stated that you would never put another post arguing with me about this stuff. What happened to that? Do I need to find the post and quote it?

I never said what I had was better (though I have my thoughts on that). I just explained why it is well received on this forum as somebody questioned it. Not everyone with a tune installs it and adjusts it themselves. Many get their work done at a workshop, and that workshop appreciates the advanced capabilities of the Procede and the ability to call me during their working hours to get tips on how to best tune it or solve a problem.

It is amusing that you guys get so passionately worked up about a product you don't use or intend to use. There is more to life than the internet guys!! Go enjoy your cars, and let other people enjoy theirs.
adrian@vishnu is offline   Australia
0
      01-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #41
Orlin
Addicted to One
 
Orlin's Avatar
 
Drives: APR Stage 2+ Golf R
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,317
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to Orlin
ahhhhh how I miss this forum
Orlin is offline   Australia
0
      01-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #42
BBK
Banned
 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 3,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
We've been there and done this before. Last time it ended, you stated that you would never put another post arguing with me about this stuff. What happened to that? Do I need to find the post and quote it?

I never said what I had was better (though I have my thoughts on that). I just explained why it is well received on this forum as somebody questioned it. Not everyone with a tune installs it and adjusts it themselves. Many get their work done at a workshop, and that workshop appreciates the advanced capabilities of the Procede and the ability to call me during their working hours to get tips on how to best tune it or solve a problem.

It is amusing that you guys get so passionately worked up about a product you don't use or intend to use. There is more to life than the internet guys!! Go enjoy your cars, and let other people enjoy theirs.
What can I say, I'm bored... Been raining up here for what seems like days and as soon as I saw a hint of arrogance and product pushing I jumped at the chance to play ball

Of course you said what you had was better, I read between the lines. Why say what you did if it was implying that it was NOT better? Makes no sense... You said why it gets 'great' reviews.

I think we get so passionate because we hate seeing someone so biased try to push their product at every chance they get whilst insinuating that the other products aren't as good. You basically call us idiots.

It's not the product that get's us riled up. It's the way that the fanbois go about pushing/defending the product they use.
BBK is offline  
0
      01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #43
JB4-335
Colonel
 
JB4-335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM & E91 BSM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia

Posts: 2,546
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlin
ahhhhh how I miss this forum
Gotta luv our old skool tune debates making a comeback and Richard of course always keen as ever.

I'm gonna try and stay out of this one cause my N54 doesn't even have a tune.
__________________
JB4
JB4-335 is offline   Australia
0
      01-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #44
flinchy
Colonel
 
Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

Posts: 2,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a keyboard warrior. There are several dynos for customers cars including one exceeding the company car, so no point arguing with you when you can't get the facts straight... and no I do not care to find them and post them for you, because I do not care to prove anything to you.

But can you just show me a single result be it dyno, drag, 60-130 or whatever you want for a car with a single turbo that is not run by a Vishnu Procede? If you manage to find that, then show me how it is even close to what the Vishnu kit has achieved.
if neither myself or anyone else on the two other major N54 based forums i frequent can find said allegedly existing excellent results... well that should speak more poorly on your marketing power than anything

though one customer may be hitting the 1/4 this week, which i'm interested in (finally actual results with no misfires)

if they existed, i'm sure they'd be much much easier to find.

all i can find is 626wheel on the company car, and .. umnmm yep that's all (and the timeslip of the same car running a 10.8)

though yes, in .. i believe sometime within the next 5 days days, CB performance will have a JB running their single turbo... you do know that JB4 now has single turbo capability right?

when it does get tuned, i'll be sure to post the results here if no one else does, and let you know...

I'm not just a keyboard warrior, i'm an N54 owner who could have potentially been swayed to purchase the turbo kit you are affiliated with if it was even a mildly desirable prospect.



and just a side note on the procede, i have one i'm trying to sell and not one person has said they want to buy it for any price (and i should also add there's a good chance i wont even be looking to the JB either if i can help it)
flinchy is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST