BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

My little PROJECT!

Hey guys, I am new to the 1 series page, this is also my first legit car, had to work my ass off for this car. Now that I earned it, I started to play with it. Had to decide between the 128I and the BRZ; was a tough choice but, you guys know which one I picked. Now I got it, I love it
When it was all stock

two days after getting the car, I had to wash, claybar, and wax the car to get rid of all the air rust!!
Then while I was cleaning it, guess what came in

A few days later I decided to debadge it too, but I never took any pictures.
BUT, the biggest goal of this year for me was to get a new bumper. I even ordered it before I picked up the car. When I picked it up, I was so excited; starred at it for a good hour or two.

Had it painted and installed at a shop, name of the shop was streetxtreme, patrick finished it up for me ASAP

The transformation was lovely

LOL my story doesn't end now !!!
Next up is my birthday present that my friends got me a couple days ago.
A ebay front splitter and white angel eye lights!!
Love all of them!!

had to drill the nails into the bumper to get it to stay, made 8 extra holes
so you can say my car had another plastic surgery

well sorry for the long story, but this love story is not to be done!
I am done for this year though.
Next year this project will continue!!
Upcoming Mods:
A new set of rims (undecided) : TE37s or VMR 710 hypersilver
Exhaust :135I w/o resonator
Suspension : KW V1's
thats all I got for now

Last edited by Illestfoigs; 06-23-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
A_Squared
Second Lieutenant
 
A_Squared's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 262
iTrader: (1)

Nice job man! Gotta love your enthusiasm. What brand is the 1m replica bumper?
A_Squared is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Squared View Post
Nice job man! Gotta love your enthusiasm. What brand is the 1m replica bumper?
HAHA made it like a little story of mine!!
and Im not sure the brand name, but I got it from JL-Motoring
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Rob Daman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 135i Vert
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: OC, CA USA

Posts: 462
iTrader: (1)

If you can afford the TE's get those. Car looks good.
Rob Daman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Daman View Post
If you can afford the TE's get those. Car looks good.
Probably replicas TBH, i dnt feel that real TE37s are worth it for someone just for street creds.
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
xShadows
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sanford, NC

Posts: 311
iTrader: (2)

Link to that front lip?
__________________
Mods - JB4 G5 | Injen Intake | ER CP | Tial BoV | Alufelgen CS7 | CRS Eyelids | Cyba Scoops | 20% Tint | 7'' VRSF Intercooler | Kerscher 1M Front Bumper | Blackline LCI Tail Lights | 3'' VRSF Catless DPs | Berk Race Exhaust | Seibon GTR CF Hood| xShadows Build Thread
xShadows is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadows View Post
Link to that front lip?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-E82-E88-C...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

it didn't come with anything but the lip itself, no nails, had to use my own washer and nails and made 8 extra wholes on my bumper LOL
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
ShocknAwe
Major
 
ShocknAwe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 1,222
iTrader: (5)

Car is looking good man.

Here's an idea for you:

Since you have the black performance style spoiler on the back, what about painting your kidney grille surrounds black, and the slats white? Could look good. I'm not a photoshop pro, but you could probably get something mocked up to see what it might look like.
__________________
2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54
ShocknAwe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Car is looking good man.

Here's an idea for you:

Since you have the black performance style spoiler on the back, what about painting your kidney grille surrounds black, and the slats white? Could look good. I'm not a photoshop pro, but you could probably get something mocked up to see what it might look like.
ohh that doesnt sound tempting but its too late for me now HAHA! when I had my bumper painted, I got them to paint the frame of the grill white, I saw a few online and was like, DAYUM THTS HOT! I should try looking for something like that next time!!
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
xShadows
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sanford, NC

Posts: 311
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illestfoigs View Post
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-E82-E88-C...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

it didn't come with anything but the lip itself, no nails, had to use my own washer and nails and made 8 extra wholes on my bumper LOL
I'm ok with all of that. 200 bucks for a lip, I won't complain. :P
__________________
Mods - JB4 G5 | Injen Intake | ER CP | Tial BoV | Alufelgen CS7 | CRS Eyelids | Cyba Scoops | 20% Tint | 7'' VRSF Intercooler | Kerscher 1M Front Bumper | Blackline LCI Tail Lights | 3'' VRSF Catless DPs | Berk Race Exhaust | Seibon GTR CF Hood| xShadows Build Thread
xShadows is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #11
Ralph1M
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Central Cali

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

My god that is beautiful man! keep up the great work, I just picked up a 1 Series this past Friday!
__________________
09 135i Space Grey Metallic
///M Sport Package
Premium Package
My Intro Thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002115
Ralph1M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #12
DTR
1 day...
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 166
iTrader: (0)

nice man.... nice to see someone pick up an NA 1 series
__________________

DTR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
VMRWheels
Lieutenant General
 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 12,673
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 5 Series  [3.30]
Nice job! Just curious, what made you choose the 1-series over a BRZ?
__________________
VMRWheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #14
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Nice job! Just curious, what made you choose the 1-series over a BRZ?
Well just the brand "BMW" had advantage but the rest was more of who came first with the best deal, I did buy it 2nd hand, and the BRZ would be new. I also thought of the depreciation would be alot more if I bought it new so 2nd hand woulda been better. And the biggest influence of my decision was the 1M bumper, it just looked ALOT, and ALOT better than the original and the BRZ.
Did i mention how the BRZ can barely fit 3 people while I can comfortably fit 4 in the 1 series
there were afew more things like the sound of this n52 was alot better than BRZ's 2L. I still don't regret anything, if I see a nice GT86 or BRZ ill still check it out, but 1 series are better imo
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #15
pj.rodriguez
Major
 
pj.rodriguez's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,103
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Nice ride man. Where abouts are you located? A lot of the GTA guys meet up Thursday nights at heartland in Mississauga. You should come out if you haven't already!
__________________
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / M-Sport Suspension / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
pj.rodriguez is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #16
Chrisar82
Lieutenant
 
Chrisar82's Avatar
 
Drives: Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 563
iTrader: (0)

Nice car. Once you start winding that N52 up you'll think it's the greatest car in the world
__________________
BMW N51 128i | Golf Tee | Active Autowerke | BMWP SSK | CDV Delete | E46 M3 Tranny Mounts | JRZ RS1 | Ground Control race camber plates | Powerflex poly rear shock mounts
Chrisar82 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #17
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
Nice ride man. Where abouts are you located? A lot of the GTA guys meet up Thursday nights at heartland in Mississauga. You should come out if you haven't already!
Oh yea I heard about a lot of those meets, I know there are ones happenning on fridays around my area, but Im usually working at that time too, so I usually don't make it. Always wanted to go check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisar82 View Post
Nice car. Once you start winding that N52 up you'll think it's the greatest car in the world
what do you mind by winding that? LOL maybe a tune some day
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #18
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,918
iTrader: (1)

Changes the entire look of the car, WOW! Very nice work. A slight drop, some wheels, and you're set my friend.
P1et is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
pj.rodriguez
Major
 
pj.rodriguez's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,103
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Don't forget the 3-stage intake manifold swap and euro airbox and a tune.
__________________
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / M-Sport Suspension / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
pj.rodriguez is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #20
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Changes the entire look of the car, WOW! Very nice work. A slight drop, some wheels, and you're set my friend.
HAHAH yea, im planning that for next year, wheels ive decided to scrap the te37 reps, going for oem Msport rims 18/19 inches or vmr 710 in hypersilver!! i hope i dnt over do the height though

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
Don't forget the 3-stage intake manifold swap and euro airbox and a tune.
3 stage intake manifold and euro airbox is probably going to be two years from now. I do not have the money for that. same goes for the tune haha.
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #21
VMRWheels
Lieutenant General
 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 12,673
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 5 Series  [3.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illestfoigs View Post
Well just the brand "BMW" had advantage but the rest was more of who came first with the best deal, I did buy it 2nd hand, and the BRZ would be new. I also thought of the depreciation would be alot more if I bought it new so 2nd hand woulda been better. And the biggest influence of my decision was the 1M bumper, it just looked ALOT, and ALOT better than the original and the BRZ.
Did i mention how the BRZ can barely fit 3 people while I can comfortably fit 4 in the 1 series
there were afew more things like the sound of this n52 was alot better than BRZ's 2L. I still don't regret anything, if I see a nice GT86 or BRZ ill still check it out, but 1 series are better imo
Interesting! I'm very seriously considering a BRZ for my next car, so I'm just trying to hear both sides of the fence. The interior of that car is tiny, but if you don't carry many passengers, it's not too bad. Most of the time it's just my girlfriend and myself in my car anyway, so that's always a plus.
__________________
VMRWheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #22
Illestfoigs
Private First Class
 
Illestfoigs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128i COUPE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TORONTO

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Interesting! I'm very seriously considering a BRZ for my next car, so I'm just trying to hear both sides of the fence. The interior of that car is tiny, but if you don't carry many passengers, it's not too bad. Most of the time it's just my girlfriend and myself in my car anyway, so that's always a plus.
well the space problem is just a precaution, sometimes I might have to drive 3 people or 4 so im just getting prepared, also, I like the sound of the 1 series rather than the FRS/BRZ. but BRZ does look really nice stock, everything kept stock, and you can still have fun so it was a really hard choice.
Illestfoigs is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST