BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
CHITOWN1series
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 135i M (e82)

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [4.50]
DP Fix Question

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey Guys,

I just installed the BMS DP fix on my car to remove the codes. However, it is still throwing codes. Do i have to clear the codes myself and then the DP fix will prevent the car from throwing the codes again?

Thanks for your input.
Apex Aero 7 wheels | Nitto Invo | aFe stage 2 intake | gloss black kidney grilles | City Vision H8 White Angel eyes | 35% tints | icarbon quad diffuser | AR Design catted downpipes | Berk Resonated Mids | Eisenmann Quad Race Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | Kerscher CF lip | BMW Performance CF Spoiler |
Coming Soon: AMS FMIC, COBB AP, ER Charge Pipe w/ HKS BOV
      03-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Rob Daman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 135i Vert

it's faster to clear it but eventually the self tests will go again and should disappear unless the fix didn't work.
      03-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
CHITOWN1series
Second Lieutenant

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Daman
it's faster to clear it but eventually the self tests will go again and should disappear unless the fix didn't work.
I don't have the capability of clearing it that's why I'm asking. How often does the car retest?
Apex Aero 7 wheels | Nitto Invo | aFe stage 2 intake | gloss black kidney grilles | City Vision H8 White Angel eyes | 35% tints | icarbon quad diffuser | AR Design catted downpipes | Berk Resonated Mids | Eisenmann Quad Race Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | Kerscher CF lip | BMW Performance CF Spoiler |
      03-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Eyeman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
DP fixes can be tough. The fix needed will vary based on what stock ECU program you car is set up on. That's why they have adjustable DP fixes. I'm no expert but my guess is that if you SES light did not go out pretty soon (a day or two max) after installing your DP fix, then that DP fix will not work for you.

BTW, some experts say it's better on the car to not use a DP fix, either get a tune that clears it or ignore the SES light.
BSM, Blk leather, 30%tint, Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, Nitto 555 225/35fr PSS 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, rearseat removal, iCarbon diffuser and front lip, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille
      03-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
CHITOWN1series
Second Lieutenant

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman
DP fixes can be tough. The fix needed will vary based on what stock ECU program you car is set up on. That's why they have adjustable DP fixes. I'm no expert but my guess is that if you SES light did not go out pretty soon (a day or two max) after installing your DP fix, then that DP fix will not work for you.

BTW, some experts say it's better on the car to not use a DP fix, either get a tune that clears it or ignore the SES light.
Yeah I need it to work. I failed emissions and don't really want to pay for 6 hours of labor to change the downpipes back to stock and then swap again. I'm crossing my fingers. I plan in getting a tune but that won't help with the emissions testing.
      03-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....

Drives: La Jeva ;-)

Garage List
2009 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWN1series View Post
Yeah I need it to work. I failed emissions and don't really want to pay for 6 hours of labor to change the downpipes back to stock and then swap again. I'm crossing my fingers. I plan in getting a tune but that won't help with the emissions testing.
The DP fix is not going to help you if they put a sniffer on the exhaust. Only way it will help is if they are connecting to the OBD port. Also, what version of DP fix do you have, Ver.1 or Ver2 which is adjustable?

If you have the adjustable one I would suggest that you set it between 5-6. Do you have a BT scan tool?? That way you can verify that the DP fix is not allowing the code to come up after you clear the faults.

Quote from Ezeedee regarding car mods:
"you're only done when you sell the car "
Elsabor67 is offline   Germany
      03-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
CHITOWN1series
Second Lieutenant

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [4.50]
I have the adjustable one. They didn't use the sniffer when I went. I set it to 6 when I installed it.