BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MilkAndRelish

Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd

JB4 + USB Cable Install Question

Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
MilkAndRelish is offline   United_States
      08-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Hi! I'll be receiving mine in a couple of days and have done tons of research on the install. Best advice would be to check out www.n54tech.com. There you will find step by step instructions on the install and every single question you can think of answered. Takes a while to navigate through the threads but you'll find everything there. Promise.
J-Rod is online now   Puerto Rico
      08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
tapout2taxes
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 135i

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkAndRelish View Post
Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
There are forum members who would help you. If none come forward you can do Mod*bargains or Alex from Alpine. On mine I ran it through the box and let it chill in there unless I'm logging. I've heard some people running it to the door but easiest is in the box and it will close when you are logging so I recommend that.
      08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
MilkAndRelish

Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
      08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
      08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
MilkAndRelish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.
Good call! Thank you!
      08-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
SfValley335i
Colonel

Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Good call! Thank you!

Text me I can help you....

8l8 357 6l29