BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MilkAndRelish
Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

JB4 + USB Cable Install Question

Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
MilkAndRelish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Juan, PR

Posts: 245
iTrader: (1)

Hi! I'll be receiving mine in a couple of days and have done tons of research on the install. Best advice would be to check out www.n54tech.com. There you will find step by step instructions on the install and every single question you can think of answered. Takes a while to navigate through the threads but you'll find everything there. Promise.
J-Rod is online now   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
tapout2taxes
Second Lieutenant
 
tapout2taxes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West LA/Brentwood

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkAndRelish View Post
Hello!

I'm a little bit embarrassed about asking this question because it seems like many find the JB4 install to be pretty easy. However, I'm not known for doing very good install jobs.

On my 1.8t Audi I ended up having to duct tape a CAI and I tried installing a FMIC which ended in disaster.

I'm in SoCal... are there any shops that would install a JB4 for a reasonable price? Is there a way to wire the USB cable into the car for easy access? Any idea how much this would cost?

Any information is much appreciated!
There are forum members who would help you. If none come forward you can do Mod*bargains or Alex from Alpine. On mine I ran it through the box and let it chill in there unless I'm logging. I've heard some people running it to the door but easiest is in the box and it will close when you are logging so I recommend that.
__________________
tapout2taxes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
MilkAndRelish
Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
MilkAndRelish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,242
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkAndRelish View Post
Thanks guys... already got a PM from a member who is willing to help me out... much appreciated. Also shot Alex a message.

On another note, are there any good shops in the LA area that can install other aftermarket parts (DCI, Downpipes, etc) that won't completely break the bank?
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
MilkAndRelish
Member
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Spd
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Check out the regional sub forum here and at e90post. You'll get the answers you need more quickly there. Lots of support from the community in SoCal, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good shop.
Good call! Thank you!
MilkAndRelish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkAndRelish View Post
Good call! Thank you!

Text me I can help you....

8l8 357 6l29
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST