BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #45
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

I might try to bring the wife along. She may hate it and think its too loud or smelly or dirty, but then she cant complain that we didnt spend time together
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #46
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

Theres a mall fown the road...send all the gfs and wifes there
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #47
Dosturbos
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Medford, MA

Posts: 257
iTrader: (1)

I would leave your lady at home, nothing says bored woman like a bunch of dudes and their fast cars hanging out around a dyno.
My wife would want to strangle me if I made her hang out at Bren Dyno day.
Dosturbos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #48
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Ya youre probably right.....
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

We are filling up. We are at 6 cars 100% in for tunes! can take maybe 2 more cars. Im going to contact Bren to see how many more we can take in
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #50
poorlilpoop
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 08 135i / 05 WRX
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Can't make on the march 16th. Is there going to be another one? Is the original thread updated? I thought I read there will another one in April.

Anyway, is it even worth dyno tuning for stage 1 cars?

Currently, I have JB 3 auto tune for 93 octane. I also have Cobb AP, which I'll be replacing. (warranty purpose)

Does the dyno tune make that much difference vs auto/off the shelf tune on these cars?
poorlilpoop is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #51
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilpoop View Post
Can't make on the march 16th. Is there going to be another one? Is the original thread updated? I thought I read there will another one in April.

Anyway, is it even worth dyno tuning for stage 1 cars?

Currently, I have JB 3 auto tune for 93 octane. I also have Cobb AP, which I'll be replacing. (warranty purpose)

Does the dyno tune make that much difference vs auto/off the shelf tune on these cars?
This March is the only dyno day for N54/N55 bimmers. Bren can pull some decent numbers compared to just the flash. Im getting my tuned with the cobb, dual intakes, an axelback, and hopefully a bigger fmic. There are just bone stock cars getting tuned though. If you have a cobb already and you can get protuned on a dyno for 400 bucks that is a great deal.
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #52
miula
Second Lieutenant
 
miula's Avatar
 
Drives: a loaner...
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami

Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Can Bren tune a 1M and keep the steering wheel M button function and/or is it even possible to tune the car so the modified map kicks in when the M button is pressed???

I have been hesitant about the tune because the gain on a 1M is usually lower than other N54s since it's already outputting higher bhp from the factory but Bren's numbers look promising...
miula is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #53
Twhill19
hungry
 
Twhill19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 836
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
Can Bren tune a 1M and keep the steering wheel M button function and/or is it even possible to tune the car so the modified map kicks in when the M button is pressed???

I have been hesitant about the tune because the gain on a 1M is usually lower than other N54s since it's already outputting higher bhp from the factory but Bren's numbers look promising...
BUMP.

can he tune my CD button on my steering wheel to act like the M button? who uses CD's? its 2013...
Twhill19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #54
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

I know onthe subarus he could tune the sti's so the si drive could have different maps. Thats definetly something you should email him on. You should come out even if you dont get a tjne so we can check that thing out
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #55
Twhill19
hungry
 
Twhill19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012-135i-N55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 836
iTrader: (0)

i'd be down for sure. cant get a tune anyways unless cobb gets their 12' platform out before the tuning day...
Twhill19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #56
miula
Second Lieutenant
 
miula's Avatar
 
Drives: a loaner...
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami

Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peasouped
I know onthe subarus he could tune the sti's so the si drive could have different maps. Thats definetly something you should email him on. You should come out even if you dont get a tjne so we can check that thing out
I'll shoot him an email and find out but weather permitting I'll try to stop by either way...
miula is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #57
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

The other thread got me curious. Can Bren tune for meth? What happens if you need to go back to stock, do they offer free re-flashes, or are they a stickler like some GIAC shops who want full price every time?

Some dynos might be known as "heart breaker" dynos, but this one looks like an "ego stroker"
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #58
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

The map gets stored on your AccessPort. You can reflash it back to your car at any point.

I thought at first that his dyno was "generous" but its not out of line compared to the DynoJet-esque numbers.

The thread youre talking about got confirmed with this one from Terry, saying that it certianly is possible to gain +140whp/wtq on an intake tune and e85.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758781

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18643
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #59
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

He can tune with meth
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #60
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
The map gets stored on your AccessPort. You can reflash it back to your car at any point.

I thought at first that his dyno was "generous" but its not out of line compared to the DynoJet-esque numbers.

The thread youre talking about got confirmed with this one from Terry, saying that it certianly is possible to gain +140whp/wtq on an intake tune and e85.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758781

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18643
Quote:
Originally Posted by peasouped View Post
He can tune with meth

Thanks for the info to the both of you!

I'm in NJ but my sister lives in Boston, so I always have a reason to come up by you guys. Only thing is, the following week is my girlfriend's spring break so I don't know if we'll take a vacation while we can (her last year of grad school), and if we will be leaving that weekend... If I can make it I'd definitely be interested in participating, so I'll let you guys know. And then I'll be going to a Tri-State 1Addicts meet the next day (3/17) in LI that I'm sure you'll all be welcome at as well. Nice chance to show off your new tunes
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #61
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Thanks for the info to the both of you!

I'm in NJ but my sister lives in Boston, so I always have a reason to come up by you guys. Only thing is, the following week is my girlfriend's spring break so I don't know if we'll take a vacation while we can (her last year of grad school), and if we will be leaving that weekend... If I can make it I'd definitely be interested in participating, so I'll let you guys know. And then I'll be going to a Tri-State 1Addicts meet the next day (3/17) in LI that I'm sure you'll all be welcome at as well. Nice chance to show off your new tunes
sweet deal. Just let me know so we can be positive to get you in
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #62
Dosturbos
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 F30 335i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Medford, MA

Posts: 257
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilpoop View Post
Can't make on the march 16th. Is there going to be another one? Is the original thread updated? I thought I read there will another one in April.

Anyway, is it even worth dyno tuning for stage 1 cars?

Currently, I have JB 3 auto tune for 93 octane. I also have Cobb AP, which I'll be replacing. (warranty purpose)

Does the dyno tune make that much difference vs auto/off the shelf tune on these cars?
With downpipes and Brentune vs OTS, I had so much more torque off the line. Bren sent me his map when I first got my AP. It was so much more ridiculous vs. the Cobb OTS stage 2 Aggressive. You will feel it, and you will hating be on everything in site.
Dosturbos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #63
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

Spots are full! If anyone backs out ill let you guys know. Please feel free to come by and watch some cars get tuned and meet members
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #64
miula
Second Lieutenant
 
miula's Avatar
 
Drives: a loaner...
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami

Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peasouped View Post
Spots are full! If anyone backs out ill let you guys know. Please feel free to come by and watch some cars get tuned and meet members
I have CCA "Ground School" 10:00 - 2:00 but I wanted to stop by and see what Bren can do with the 1M and ask some questions, still waiting on upgraded FMIC and other parts before I can tune anyway...

Do you think you guys will still be there after 2:00pm ???
miula is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #65
peasouped
Lieutenant
 
peasouped's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 135i, 94 tt supra, 08 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North of Boston

Posts: 542
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
I have CCA "Ground School" 10:00 - 2:00 but I wanted to stop by and see what Bren can do with the 1M and ask some questions, still waiting on upgraded FMIC and other parts before I can tune anyway...

Do you think you guys will still be there after 2:00pm ???
We will be there till 7pm lol. Feel free too swing by
peasouped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #66
SalemChiro
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i vert
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

I'm in! See you guys there.
SalemChiro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST